Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Can you get a full body workout with a bench and dumbells only?

Scheduling is becoming a big factor and it's hurting my gym time, so I decided to convert a small area in my garage to my new work out place. This weekend I want to buy a bench press set and dumbell full set along with some matts. Am I able to get a full body workout with this equipment alone? Are there any smaller sized equipment someone can recommend to add?

Wendal

derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i would look into a squat/power rack. then youll be able to squat, plus it can double as a bench press.

and yes, you can do everything with just a BB and DBs.

clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ditto with the squat rack. I don't know how you could really see significant gains in strength without squats and deadlifts in your routine.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wendal View Post
    Scheduling is becoming a big factor and it's hurting my gym time, so I decided to convert a small area in my garage to my new work out place. This weekend I want to buy a bench press set and dumbell full set along with some matts. Am I able to get a full body workout with this equipment alone? Are there any smaller sized equipment someone can recommend to add?

Wendal
    Yes,in fact you can get a full body workout with NO equipment.

There is a HUGE difference between having an "optimal" workout for ones goals and having an effective workout for fitness.

FYI, if you can use dumbbells, you could use a short olympic bar (5 foot).

For example, for legs, you could do:

Lunges
    DB SLDLs
    DB hack squats
    Sissy squats
    1 legged free hand squats
    2 legged free hand deep squats, high rep
    DB overhead squats

etc