Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Turmeric Powder - who uses this?

So yeah...I've been using Turmeric Powder recently in my foods...putting it in damn near everything to be honest...oatmeal, shakes, over meat/veggies/rice etc.

Definitely has a thermogenic effect...I can feel it...it's like a very low key niacin flush w/o the gay itchy pins 'n needles feel.

It tastes fairly bland but definitely is noticeable in food.

Why is this stuff so good?

- powerful anti-inflammatory
    - cholesterol lowering
    - powerful anti-oxidant
    - can help mitigate gas from high protein diets
    - added benefit of a powerful anti-cancer food

There are other studies out there that suggest it helps with some aspects of muscular growth...you guys can research all that, and the other benefits, if you wish

Anyway....just wondering who out there incorporates this stuff in their diet regularly? The only thing I'm wondering is does it make you smell a certain way after consuming it a while...or when you sweat heavy? Folks from India eat this stuff like water and have a reputation for having a peculiar smell...I don't know if this is anecdotal or what.

Lastly...from everything I've read...this stuff seems like a damn superdupergodzilla food.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tumeric? I use it on chicken. Oven baked with butter and garlic, a little Rosemary and Thyme to boot! Pop a half an onion and a half an apple in the cavity. Some folks don't particularly like the flavor. It's a more pungent spice!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i use it only in oven baked foods with oregano, thyme, garlic, dried chili and pepper. Not seen discoloration of skin, change of body odors or any side effect whatsoever. Do not confuse with curry, tur,eric gives curry its yellow color but is not curry nor has any of the spicy characteristics of yellow curry.

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Many spices are just as you mention - amazing anti-oxidants & full of various properties. This is why you see all these extracts of their sources in homeopatic supps. The spices are just like whey - severely concentrated - so they have great practicality....and often taste good.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Take 2 capsules daily.

It's Supposed to Hurt! Thuirwyne's Avatar
    Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000)
    I take 1/2 teaspoon when my stomach's upset. It works great for nausea and acid reflux...
    Food Aggressive

SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpadesOfIndia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ain't I lucky..eating all the spices...turmeric is standard in Indian cooking.
    Use in small quantities. I hate the bitter taste when used too much.

AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Turmeric should definitely be a staple of any older bodybuilder if not all bodybuilders. You've done a good job of listing the benefits and why.

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was sprinkling it on my lunch every day until my orthodontist started using powerchains on my braces. The tumeric stained them so for now I'll have to forego this seemingly wonder spice until I'm done with braces.

CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been cooking with Turmeric for a few years now. Put it on all the meats that I cook no matter the styling. I actually feel it in my joints a little as well...warm sensation.
    Good post!

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No idea if this is a placebo effect...but I have a definite decrease in the "run over by a bus" feeling in the morning since incorporating this stuff in my diet.

I thought about utilizing the curcumin supplements instead...but I take enough supps and I'm a definite believer in whole foods where possible.

Getting younger every day ProfBush's Avatar
    ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not only do I use it liberally with food, but I take a capsule of curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric) containing 800 mg daily.

Life Extension magazine had a big article on it and the health benefits are amazing. It is good for a wide range of conditions including prostate cancer, arthritis, bone loss, colon cancer, fat loss, and more.

Here are links to a couple of articles. http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2004/...urcumin_01.htm

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2009/...tection_01.htm

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    I add a pinch of turmeric in unsweetened almond milk + stevia and then nuke it in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. It tastes like a pumpkin spiced latte for 40 cals!!!
    Be, be here, be there, be that, be this
    Be grateful for life, be grateful to life
    Be gleeful everyday, for being the best swimmer among 500,000
    ~It's Your World, POPS

mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Interesting. I will have to start using it.

bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

Ditto.....and if it helps with gas - well at least my wife will enjoy that
    "A successful person is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at them." David Brinkley

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/over-40-transformation-bob-tankersley.htm

Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Couldn't agree with you more on the benefits of Tumeric. I've been using it for several years now at 2 X 1gm caps ED. It ranks right behind my Vitamin D3 and just ahead of my Broccoli Sprouts (Sulphurophane) in my cancer fighting arsenal.
    Dutch

For four generations my family has answered the call and served as needed from Europe to Asia to 9/11. We will gladly stand and fight again to preserve our freedom from tyranny.

ckbputt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckbputt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckbputt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckbputt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckbputt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckbputt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckbputt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckbputt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckbputt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckbputt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I sprinkle turmeric on my before bed low-fat cottage cheese meal making it slightly yellow...really do like the flavor.

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Use tumeric in chili.
    "An infraction is better than an infarction."
    - Aldington and Adlington

"Cursus sub pondere crescit."
    - Anon

kgarrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kgarrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kgarrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kgarrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kgarrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kgarrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kgarrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kgarrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kgarrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kgarrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kgarrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anyone know if this will hold any water? I am 2 weeks out from a show and my food is completely bland. I could use a resourceful boost.
    "No Limits! Your results are limited by your level of commitment. Your level of achievement is limited only by the sum of your efforts."

Lifetime Natural

Originally Posted by kgarrow View Post
    Does anyone know if this will hold any water? I am 2 weeks out from a show and my food is completely bland. I could use a resourceful boost.
    It does not cause water retention at all.

pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    buying soem Turmeric powder come today, thanks for the info!

It's Supposed to Hurt! Thuirwyne's Avatar
    Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000)
    I remember seeing an old thread on here which also listed some studies...it started to get a bit argumentative, as usual.

The bottom line is this is good stuff. The question was oral efficacy. From the info that's out there now, it's benefits can build up, or have a cumulative effect over long term usage. The issue was immediate dosage in some trials. Like everything else, the gut likes to denature most of it....but if the pharmaceutical companies are trying to make a big deal out of it...
    Food Aggressive

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I love the flavor, but turmeric is high in oxalates and I'm prone to calcium oxalate kidney stones. Not a lot of fun. So I have to use it sparingly.
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bebeklein View Post
    I add a pinch of turmeric in unsweetened almond milk + stevia and then nuke it in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. It tastes like a pumpkin spiced latte for 40 cals!!!
    Good idea, repped!
    Jeff

"Over 40 Transformation Of The Week February 2010"
    www.bodybuilding.com/fun/over-40-transformation-jeff-hodges.htm

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well,. I tried it in my cottage cheese today- about a half teaspoon with some diced onions. I suppose its an acquired taste. I like it, but I think I'll keep it to about once per week- I don't want to turn too yellow!!

MPBodyWorker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I've been taking tumeric capsules every day

Originally Posted by hochspeyer View Post
    Well,. I tried it in my cottage cheese today- about a half teaspoon with some diced onions. I suppose its an acquired taste. I like it, but I think I'll keep it to about once per week- I don't want to turn too yellow!!
    I've been taking tumeric capsules every day to help fight cancer along with brocolli. I didn't know it would have a benefit with my workouts. Good to know.

Originally Posted by ckbputt3 View Post
    I sprinkle turmeric on my before bed low-fat cottage cheese meal making it slightly yellow...really do like the flavor.
    Try and add a bit of black pepper as it increases absorption rates by up to 2,000%....or you can use cayenne pepper if it won't hurt your sleep.

My before bed cocktail is...
    - 6 oz 2% cottage cheese
    - 1 tsp turmeric powder
    - 1 tsp 6 pepper mixture
    - 3 shakes (1/8 tsp?) cayenne pepper

Doesn't taste too bad actually and I haven't found that it disturbs my sleep.

clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I wonder if you can buy tumeric/cayenne/black pepper caps or pills? I really don't feel like eating something at bedtime that might keep me awake, because I suffer from early morning awakening, and struggle to get more than five hours sleep a night.
    You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there - Edwin Louis Cole

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I sprinkle it in my morning V8. Along with Cayenne, Cod liver oil, Spiruella and Olive oil. Tastes terrible, but it has to be good for me.

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by clicker666 View Post
    I wonder if you can buy tumeric/cayenne/black pepper caps or pills? I really don't feel like eating something at bedtime that might keep me awake, because I suffer from early morning awakening, and struggle to get more than five hours sleep a night.
    tumeric comes in capsules, google curcumin
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!