Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've trained a few people off and on and different gyms handle it differently.
    A few gyms "Hired" me as a contractor wich basically meant I could use their gym for myself and whoever I was training for 20% of my fee.

Others wanted me to buy a year membership to do it.

Another let me do it for free if i let one of their employees shadow me while I worked with the client. That gym was cool, most employees were college/high school kids that were wanting to get into fitness training but didn't have the knowledge yet.

fkysmile has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fkysmile has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fkysmile has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fkysmile has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fkysmile has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fkysmile has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fkysmile has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fkysmile has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fkysmile has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fkysmile has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fkysmile has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BSCSCS View Post
    Why should you get to train people there and keep all of the profit when the other trainers can't? Why would the gym let you train there without keeping any of the profit? In the eyes of the gym and the trainers, you are stealing. Stop it.
    That is very simple and does not require a lot of thinking. The reason being is if a trainer will recruit a client outside the gym and that person never was a member of that gym he/she is actually bringing new paying client there. And if that client will be happy with the gym itself might even recommend it to family and friends and bring other new members for the gym and those members might bring new ones and so one. So it is great marketing by word of mouth and through recommendation which is the best and most reliable marketing.

So that is why. So simple yes or no?

towwffc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) towwffc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) towwffc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) towwffc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) towwffc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) towwffc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) towwffc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) towwffc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) towwffc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think the big no-no's are to market yourself to a gyms clients or to simply use their gym to give a personal training session to a client.

Now if you happen to be in great shape and are already a member of that gym, or a gym member wants to bring you as a guest or even pay the gym entry fee to workout WITH you that is completely acceptable in my opinion. As long as you're not just counting reps or handing out business cards. Absolutely NO marketing in someone elses gym. But if we workout TOGETHER the gym will have to deal with that because both individuals paid to be there and there is no marketing or personal training going on. Just two people working out TOGETHER.

The caveat of course is that the gym member pays the partner to workout with them. Just don't accept payment at the gym and this is no problem.

Now as a way of earning a living as a trainer this would be pretty shady. But as a way to earn some side cash whenever someone asks me to work with them and I simply say yes..I see no problem with this. I never promote myself I am the one that is approached (in and out of the gym) and asked for advice. That's not my fault if the gym's own trainer's don't elicit this response from people. If someone asks me to work with them at a gym I may say yes but just for one workout or for one week. And sometimes this does mean I bring the gym new members who wish to workout with me.

I don't make a living off of it. I just help that person out because they ask for my help and often it's without knowing that I happen to be Certified because I don't promote this through gyms. I just tell a person I'll workout WITH them for a while and show them some things but I don't work at this gym so it's gotta be short term.

I know this is bumping an old thread and I haven't been on this forum in years but this has been happening to me a lot lately and I'd feel like a bad businessman to turn down every person who asks me if I'd help them. However this is not how I pay my bills I do work independently. Often I am doing the gym member a favor by working out WITH them for a workout or two. That's just my take on it.
    Last edited by towwffc; 05-02-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Minreau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know I'm bumping an old thread but I found this particular thread by Googling if personal trainers are allowed in condo gyms. I think that's on topic? Also this is my first post.

I had a bad experience with a resident bringing a personal trainer. The rules say, "No owner and/or resident or their guest shall provide services/classes/events for remuneration to others in the facilities, except those services/classes/events that are approved by the board in its sole and absolute discretion." So if the personal trainer is the guest then he/she is not allowed to be giving paid lessons.

Long story short, the resident hired a personal trainer, I happened to be in the gym at the time, and I reported it to the front desk because I don't think it's fair for people who want to work out in peace to have to listen to a lesson going on for the whole time they are there (it's a small gym). I had headphones in and I could still hear him dishing out instructions for the whole hour.

The icing on the cake was when the person from the front desk came into the gym to find out the situation and the resident got extremely offended when he asked what unit she lived in. She knew I was the one that reported it since I was the only one there at the time and proceeded to call me profanities while acting all appalled (I was still there). She wasn't saying it to my face but she was saying it loudly to the personal trainer while I was trying to finish my jog.

On the other hand, if the personal trainer was working out with her, I'd be more understanding because then it seems less of a transaction and it also reduces the nonstop talking.