Spartan Pitbull Ninja Wiz thouomega's Avatar
    thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Shouldn't this Routine be a 5 or 6 day rotation not a 7??

Protein synthesis only takes 48 hrs keep that in mind.

D1
    Quads and Glutes
    D2
    Chest tris abs
    D3
    Rest
    D4
    Back Biceps
    D5
    Shoulder Hamstrings
    D6&7
    Rest

Are these last two days really necessary?
    Gains brah, gains.

My Fitness Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GDBodybuilding?feature=mhee

thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    By the way it's a hit single work set routine
    Gains brah, gains.

My Fitness Channel:

Director:Team Ground Zero grim83's Avatar
    grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you have missed the point entirely especially when talking about HIT
    my thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=11891327
    My new site http://sites.google.com/site/grim83/

It isn't that they cant see the solution.
    It is that they cant see the problem.
    -G.K. Chesterton

No training session can be wasted
    by a man who is determined to succeed.
    -Brooks Kubik

Originally Posted by grim83 View Post
    you have missed the point entirely especially when talking about HIT
    Then isntead of just telling me why I am wrong why don't you enlighten me.
    Gains brah, gains.

My Fitness Channel:

pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Basically, if you're doing HIT...really doing it and not just paying it lip service, you're gonna need those rest days.
    "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" ...will probably be my last words

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136720821
    more misadventures in physical culture

grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thouomega View Post
    the point is if your truly doing HIT then the structural damage inflicted from the sets will require the extra time.

-G.K. Chesterton

-Brooks Kubik

pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    and protein synthesis doesn't "take 48 hours"

According to studies, there's a 48 hour window of increased protein synthesis after a heavy resistance workout. You're not going to be completely recovered in 48 hours and protein synthesis doesn't just grind to a halt either.

that's the whole point of doing a split routine to begin with.
    "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" ...will probably be my last words

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136720821
    more misadventures in physical culture

xXDeadmanXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXDeadmanXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXDeadmanXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXDeadmanXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXDeadmanXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXDeadmanXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXDeadmanXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXDeadmanXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXDeadmanXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXDeadmanXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXDeadmanXx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Because spoon-feeding people gets taxing.

Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First of all, a lot of people like Push/Pull/Leg routines, so that's one thing to consider. Second, I'd place any hamstring work on leg day, and shoulder work on either of the push/pull days. And that only depends on what the exercises are done on the two upper body days, as you may not really need to isolate the shoulders if you work your upper body enough with the exercises on those days. Lastly, you could do something like:

A: Push
    B: Pull
    C: Legs

Twice weekly, and rest one day a week. Might look like:

SUN: Rest
    MON: Push
    TUE: Pull
    WED: Legs
    THU: Push
    FRI: Pull
    SAT: Legs

Or you could just have a day of rest on every fourth day, making it a 4-day program. It's not so much about optimal protein synthesis or anything, but about getting sufficient rest for the exercises performed, but not too much rest that it slows down progress. Regardless of the type of workout program, those are constants in the world of bodybuilding (workload and recovery).

Personally, I like putting all my upper body work on one day, and lower body work on another day. My HIT routine was an AB program that would have been optimal for me at twice weekly. But I had 5 leg exercises and 6 upper body exercises, and I didn't really need to isolate my shoulders as they got enough work with the exercises performed.

To answer your original question, I think the original routine as written (and keep in mind that's without any knowledge of the exercises performed) has too many days, and you could stand to fine-tune your routine just on that issue alone.
    --- Nick ---

Originally Posted by Nick1971 View Post
    First of all, a lot of people like Push/Pull/Leg routines, so that's one thing to consider. Second, I'd place any hamstring work on leg day, and shoulder work on either of the push/pull days. And that only depends on what the exercises are done on the two upper body days, as you may not really need to isolate the shoulders if you work your upper body enough with the exercises on those days. Lastly, you could do something like:

A: Push
    B: Pull
    C: Legs

Twice weekly, and rest one day a week. Might look like:

SUN: Rest
    MON: Push
    TUE: Pull
    WED: Legs
    THU: Push
    FRI: Pull
    SAT: Legs

Or you could just have a day of rest on every fourth day, making it a 4-day program. It's not so much about optimal protein synthesis or anything, but about getting sufficient rest for the exercises performed, but not too much rest that it slows down progress. Regardless of the type of workout program, those are constants in the world of bodybuilding (workload and recovery).

Personally, I like putting all my upper body work on one day, and lower body work on another day. My HIT routine was an AB program that would have been optimal for me at twice weekly. But I had 5 leg exercises and 6 upper body exercises, and I didn't really need to isolate my shoulders as they got enough work with the exercises performed.

To answer your original question, I think the original routine as written (and keep in mind that's without any knowledge of the exercises performed) has too many days, and you could stand to fine-tune your routine just on that issue alone.
    Thanks for being the only positive person here but this is a routine given out in an particle on HIT by Gorden LaVelle and it has been a featured article on bb dot com many times

So those saying this routine is bad- you are wrong.

I was just wondering if u could condense to 6 days since I wouldn't really run any chance of overtraining.

And all you guys so quick to dismiss what I know should reallize it's a terrible quality to assume you know more than others right off the bat.
    Gains brah, gains.

My Fitness Channel:

Sweatin' to the Oldies Austin109's Avatar
    Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    youre right, you know it all. quit asking questions about tweaking it if gordon lavelle wrote it and you idolize him so.

you just wanted to prove to yourself you were smart and it backfired. get over yourself.

Originally Posted by Austin109 View Post
    youre right, you know it all. quit asking questions about tweaking it if gordon lavelle wrote it and you idolize him so.

you just wanted to prove to yourself you were smart and it backfired. get over yourself.
    Actually I was asking a sincere question and everyone jumped on me.

That's what happened. I didn't scheme or try and manipulate anything. Jesus
    Gains brah, gains.

My Fitness Channel:

Actually I was asking a sincere question and everyone jumped on me.

That's what happened. I didn't scheme or try and manipulate anything. Jesus
    Thanks for being the only positive person here but this is a routine given out in an particle on HIT by Gorden LaVelle and it has been a featured article on bb dot com many times

So those saying this routine is bad- you are wrong.

I was just wondering if u could condense to 6 days since I wouldn't really run any chance of overtraining.

And all you guys so quick to dismiss what I know should reallize it's a terrible quality to assume you know more than others right off the bat.
    so im rude and stupid hmmm, you my friend are the egotistical stupid bastard, as a direct quote "I was just wondering if u could condense to 6 days since I wouldn't really run any chance of overtraining." thats not condensing thats extending, and what makes you so ****in special what you been suckin jesus ****in christs dick

-G.K. Chesterton

-Brooks Kubik

I don't understand why you are being do pissy.

All I wanted was a yes or no and why. I was just hoping that I could condense the rotation so I could get more cycles in in a month.

I don't see why anyone would just hop on a thread to degrade someone. I was just asking a question, wasn't trying to show off or offend. I wanted answers or opinions not people getting angry over a ****in question.

And about the comment on assumptions I ment that everyone including myself is wrong to assume they are the wiser. That's out of Pluto's lectures.

I everyone could chill that would be awesome.
    Gains brah, gains.

My Fitness Channel:

I don't understand why you are being do pissy.

All I wanted was a yes or no and why. I was just hoping that I could condense the rotation so I could get more cycles in in a month.

I don't see why anyone would just hop on a thread to degrade someone. I was just asking a question, wasn't trying to show off or offend. I wanted answers or opinions not people getting angry over a ****in question.

And about the comment on assumptions I ment that everyone including myself is wrong to assume they are the wiser. That's out of Pluto's lectures.

I everyone could chill that would be awesome.
    by asking a question you are obviously asking for the for someone more experienced to help, i have trained hit for over 2yrs, i think i know the system pretty well. also no one was getting angry till you shot your mouth, i happen to just be very frank with my responses

-G.K. Chesterton

-Brooks Kubik

Originally Posted by grim83 View Post
    by asking a question you are obviously asking for the for someone more experienced to help, i have trained hit for over 2yrs, i think i know the system pretty well. also no one was getting angry till you shot your mouth, i happen to just be very frank with my responses
    Well I never intentionally shot my mouth so if I did I guess that's my fault.

But I am done beating a dead horse or doing whatever you wanna call this.

Thanks for your educated opinion and helpful advice

Gabriel
    Gains brah, gains.

My Fitness Channel:

azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah grim but i think once again your wasting time with this one.

to OP - do some research - start iwth stuart mcrobert, he even has a monthly column in 'teh flex' magazine so accessability should not be an issue.

eat loads, rest well, concentrate on major compound lifts. gain about 40lb (possible in under 1yr considering your age and experiance) and then start worrying about proportions etc.
    i dont compete against you. i compete against myself yesterday, last week, last year

No one system of training is better than all of the other systems. However, proper training always involves common elements. These are hard work, abbreviated training programs, progression, good form, and motivation - Brooks Kubik