j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Optimum Platinum Hydrowhey?

I have been hearing alot about this product...is it really as good as they say?

for the price of 2x almost every other brand
    j3wc

Dumbbell press 120lbs 4 reps

Squat 400lbs - 8 reps
    Dead 335lbs - 10 reps

RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    seems like they have a lot of science backing it from the ad I read in Muscle and Fitness but I was going to wait until others tried it.

Currently Losing BF% jpetitclerc's Avatar
    jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think it can be A LOT MORE better than their Gold Standard. But yet, the price is a A LOT more.

Don't think i'm going to buy unless the price become lower or unless it's rated 9.5+.
    Jay is the name.

j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) j3wc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jpetitclerc View Post
    I don't think it can be A LOT MORE better than their Gold Standard. But yet, the price is a A LOT more.

Don't think i'm going to buy unless the price become lower or unless it's rated 9.5+.
    technically its rated 9.9 LOL...but its only like 10 people though
    j3wc

Dumbbell press 120lbs 4 reps

Squat 400lbs - 8 reps
    Dead 335lbs - 10 reps

Currently Losing BF% jpetitclerc's Avatar
    jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by j3wc View Post
    technically its rated 9.9 LOL...but its only like 10 people though
    It's too early to vote, most of those who voted probably just voted like this because of the hype or something.
    Jay is the name.

D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10) D.d.c. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jpetitclerc View Post
    It's too early to vote, most of those who voted probably just voted like this because of the hype or something.
    ****ing bingo. And after it's been long enough, they'll still be riding the hype train.

Tell me, what does ON say the molecular weight of their hydrolyzed whey is? They don't even say it. THAT is the important part about a hydrolyzed whey.

And I guarantee you this: If it's hydrolyzed suitably to function exceptionally well as a post workout (under 600 daltons), it WILL taste like crap. I bet you this stuff doesn't, because it's not a well hydrolyzed protein. It's a shiny label with a mediocre, consumer freindly product. If they were using a good ingredient like peptopro, they'd probably advertise it.

Once again, I bet you the hydro 520 I get for nearly half the price blows this out of the water, even if it DOES taste like I licked new york every time I drink it. Eh, small price to pay. Seriously though that... affliction of the tongue I'd call a taste if it at all tasted normal is HARD to disguise.

Go 1:1 with some really well flavored whey isolate and it will still be there. It's not a horrible horrible taste, but you're not gonna wanna drink it straight, and when you do, you should not be expecting some ice cream flavor. As long as you're not expecting something really nice, it's not so bad. Freeze dried fruit powders are a great coverup, if you happen to use them anyway. Otherwise you'll live.

RkyMtnHi will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkyMtnHi will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkyMtnHi will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkyMtnHi will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkyMtnHi will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkyMtnHi will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkyMtnHi will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkyMtnHi will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkyMtnHi will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkyMtnHi will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkyMtnHi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't understand the big deal is behind the new Platinum Hydro Whey. As a company rep for ISS Research, I have complete respect for Optimum, but Dymatize has had their ISO-100 100% Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate out for quite some time now and it features ZERO fat, lactose, carbs, sugar -- zero everything. Optimum isn't really doing anything new except excessively marketing this new product, and their formula also features small amounts of fat & carbs.

I have had an opportunity to taste both the ISO-100 and the HydroWhey and have to give the nod to the Dymatize in that department as well - along with being a heck of a lot cheaper. The 5# has 80+ servings for $56.99 in the BB.com store.

I give props to Optimum for continuing to make good products, but they HydroWhey certainly is not a mega breakthrough nor the best hydrolyzed whey isolate on the market IMO.
    Current stack (September 2010):

ISS Research Complete Whey Power
    ISS Research Micellar Matrix
    ISS Research Promino Plus
    Universal Animal Omega
    Gaspari Anavite
    Gaspari Superpump MAX
    MPR Amino 4:1:1

NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10)

umm

Who cares about taste lets hear about results!! Also doesn't Dynamite use more sugar (fake sugar or not) I can easily take any powder and add Splenda to make it taste allot better do I? nah
    "Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach."
    -Arnold Schwarzenegger

edmoney187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by D.d.c. View Post
    ****ing bingo. And after it's been long enough, they'll still be riding the hype train.

Tell me, what does ON say the molecular weight of their hydrolyzed whey is? They don't even say it. THAT is the important part about a hydrolyzed whey.

And I guarantee you this: If it's hydrolyzed suitably to function exceptionally well as a post workout (under 600 daltons), it WILL taste like crap. I bet you this stuff doesn't, because it's not a well hydrolyzed protein. It's a shiny label with a mediocre, consumer freindly product. If they were using a good ingredient like peptopro, they'd probably advertise it.

Once again, I bet you the hydro 520 I get for nearly half the price blows this out of the water, even if it DOES taste like I licked new york every time I drink it. Eh, small price to pay. Seriously though that... affliction of the tongue I'd call a taste if it at all tasted normal is HARD to disguise.

Go 1:1 with some really well flavored whey isolate and it will still be there. It's not a horrible horrible taste, but you're not gonna wanna drink it straight, and when you do, you should not be expecting some ice cream flavor. As long as you're not expecting something really nice, it's not so bad. Freeze dried fruit powders are a great coverup, if you happen to use them anyway. Otherwise you'll live.
    ^^^^^^^^This

Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    most protein powders will yield the same results. I'm not sold on the ingredients impacting body composition