Page 135 of 580 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 17388
    someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by korr20 View Post
    I had the privilege to judge a high school power clean national finals a few weeks ago. I saw these kids throw up some serious weight with ugly ass form. It almost made me question why I was bothering to bust my ass trying to learn proper technique. However, the few that did break national records used clean form, and those lifts were amazing to watch.

Good enough reason as any. Good Luck.

Do you have plans to compete one day?
    Well for one the horrible technique does not give same athletic benefits as doing the lift properly. Also they very dangerous and will cause injury if continue to lift like that with heavy weights. Also the most ever seen anyone on youtube clean with horrible form like that is little over 400lbs, compare that to 600lbs by hw pros. So doing the lift correctly is always the right thing.

I'm sure mot the guys putting up good weight in clean would fail miserably on snatch if didn't learn proper technique as you can't cheat as much on that lift.

ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by someonefat View Post
    Well for one the horrible technique does not give same athletic benefits as doing the lift properly. Also they very dangerous and will cause injury if continue to lift like that with heavy weights. Also the most ever seen anyone on youtube clean with horrible form like that is little over 400lbs, compare that to 600lbs by hw pros. So doing the lift correctly is always the right thing.

I'm sure mot the guys putting up good weight in clean would fail miserably on snatch if didn't learn proper technique as you can't cheat as much on that lift.
    It's still kinda humbling to see a bunch of guys in highschool PC'ing waaayyy more then you can full clean with "good" technique...and they're in a lighter weight class.

kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Does anyone else get calf pain from squatting in oly shoes? I had been squatting high bar atg in Chucks for 3-4 months prior to buying oly shoes with no calf issues, but since starting to use oly shoes (even if I'm only squatting 2x/wk) I feel pain in my calves whenever I go atg. Same thing with front squats. I took a week off from squatting and was fine for the first workout but two days later the pain was back. Maybe pain is too strong a word. Somewhere between soreness and pain, but not a good kind of soreness. I have tried foam rolling my calves, ITB, hip flexors and quads with little success. Anyone experience something similar or have any other ideas on what to do? I could try cutting depth at parallel but I would rather keep going atg if possible.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ah man starting to get some lower back spasms from high volume of squats and oly lifts

have any of you had this problem before what do you guys do to help heal other then a bunch of bengay so you can still lift.

Bensauce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bensauce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bensauce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bensauce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bensauce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bensauce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bensauce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bensauce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bensauce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bensauce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bensauce is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ah man starting to get some lower back spasms from high volume of squats and oly lifts

have any of you had this problem before what do you guys do to help heal other then a bunch of bengay so you can still lift.
    Did my 1st back squat training session this year. Parts of my body have been twitching non stop all weekend. Magnesium seems to help for it though.

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mr Ben View Post
    Did my 1st back squat training session this year. Parts of my body have been twitching non stop all weekend. Magnesium seems to help for it though.
    Gaba helps my muscle twitching the most.
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Foam roll.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Registered Nutcase eyeoftheworld's Avatar
    eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kitaristi0 View Post
    Does anyone else get calf pain from squatting in oly shoes? I had been squatting high bar atg in Chucks for 3-4 months prior to buying oly shoes with no calf issues, but since starting to use oly shoes (even if I'm only squatting 2x/wk) I feel pain in my calves whenever I go atg. Same thing with front squats. I took a week off from squatting and was fine for the first workout but two days later the pain was back. Maybe pain is too strong a word. Somewhere between soreness and pain, but not a good kind of soreness. I have tried foam rolling my calves, ITB, hip flexors and quads with little success. Anyone experience something similar or have any other ideas on what to do? I could try cutting depth at parallel but I would rather keep going atg if possible.
    How much are your feet externally rotating?
    Training journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124874941

Olympic weightlifting had made me not only stronger and quicker but also better looking and possibly more well-endowed. See what it can do for you!

eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ZachOly View Post
    It's still kinda humbling to see a bunch of guys in highschool PC'ing waaayyy more then you can full clean with "good" technique...and they're in a lighter weight class.
    For the ones with solid form, yes, for the reverse curlers who heave the weight up with hips and back...no. Those guys are injuries waiting to happen. I can heave up weight easy, more than I can cleanly.

However, if I tried to do what the 'weakest' at the Women's Olympic weightlifting class at 75kg did, or the hip-curlers, we'd get crushed. If we even tried for the 'weakest' at the men's 56kg class, we'd get crushed. However, with better technique, you'll be clean and jerking those weights or close to it long before the hip-curlers without serious injury.
    Training journal:

Olympic weightlifting had made me not only stronger and quicker but also better looking and possibly more well-endowed. See what it can do for you!

kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by eyeoftheworld View Post
    How much are your feet externally rotating?
    Not very much, maybe 20-30 degrees?

slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you guise seen the new weightlifting magazine?

its called strength plus. first issue available online for free.

hopefully link is ok: http://www.strengthplusmagazine.com/..._June_2010.pdf
    Misc Strength Crew
    Russian Program Weightlifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=707588271

Originally Posted by kitaristi0 View Post
    Not very much, maybe 20-30 degrees?
    Try to rotate them a little less externally. I have soreness in my knees and even my calf due to that. It's going away since I had it corrected. I might be rotating 15 degrees, tops. Tight adductors make loose abductors and vice versa which could create issues in the surrounding areas as I had a Physical Therapist explain to me.

Then again, it could just be you adjusting to the shoes. Make sure you control your descent and do not bounce, of of course.
    Training journal:

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by eyeoftheworld View Post
    Try to rotate them a little less externally. I have soreness in my knees and even my calf due to that. It's going away since I had it corrected. I might be rotating 15 degrees, tops. Tight adductors make loose abductors and vice versa which could create issues in the surrounding areas as I had a Physical Therapist explain to me.

Then again, it could just be you adjusting to the shoes. Make sure you control your descent and do not bounce, of of course.
    how did you correct it? I've tried just forcing them not rotate but it never worked, a chiro I spoke to suggested insoles to me but is there any other way?
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    how did you correct it? I've tried just forcing them not rotate but it never worked, a chiro I spoke to suggested insoles to me but is there any other way?
    This is gonna sound dumb....I just was told enough times to correct it. One thing that helps is squatting in the same foot and leg position as you vertical jump in. I find that to be ideal for not just for squatting, but the pulls and jerks/overheads as well.

One drill I did was supported squats, holding onto a rack with feet no more than 5-6 inches away to make sure its not an upper body thing. Squat down, hold it for a few seconds and try to sit your torso up and stretch the hips. That way you can really focus on the small details without like 150kg crushing you down.
    Training journal:

ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZachOly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY

Snatch 100kg

Did it for two singles too...and @ 94kg

slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY

Snatch 100kg

congrats!

I was trying to figure out what weight class you were in, and saw your post about your last comp, asking for help.

One thing I noticed while watching your youtube channel vids (no stalker) is that when you do overhead lifts you're dropping the weight as soon as you get it all the way up. try holding it for 1 second over head, then lowering, and do 3sec on the last rep. Read this recently from an oly coach (forget which one) but its to help you be stable under the bar.

just a thought.
    Misc Strength Crew
    Russian Program Weightlifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=707588271

champion w8lifter in prog boykid28's Avatar
    boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000)
    FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY

Snatch 100kg

nice man.
    -we are what we repeatedly do. therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit.
    -sollevatore di pesi campione in corso
    -"that guy is running in shorts"Dr.House
    "he's not running, he's trolling"Dr.Wilson

gym PR's:

snatch:90kg
    clean & jerk:117.5kg
    total:202.3kg

oly squat:179.5kg

journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130985093

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sup pin heads.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    Sup pin heads.
    Everything but my total.

Front squat 160kg

hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sup doods. Finally starting to get back into a normal training schedule. Was in the gym today and things went ok.

I was getting advice from this guy Mike, who is on the men's intercollegiate national team and is going to China at the end of the Month. I love my new gym.

P.S. new journal is up on the sweat pit. (too lazy to duplicate it here as well)
    NJ CREW - 908/973

Originally Posted by crackyflipside View Post
    Everything but my total.
    Well that's something
    you should start a journal at the pit cracky.
    Originally Posted by hazard52003 View Post
    sup doods. Finally starting to get back into a normal training schedule. Was in the gym today and things went ok.

I was getting advice from this guy Mike, who is on the men's intercollegiate national team and is going to China at the end of the Month. I love my new gym.

P.S. new journal is up on the sweat pit. (too lazy to duplicate it here as well)
    Cool beans didn't see it, are you under the same name?

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz

Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ding............exactly.
    -----------------

My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168325713

ah I tore my first ever olympic straps today had them for over a year -everyday use-

I think the fact I sweat so much made them wear out a little faster but for 12bucks to last over a year of heavy everyday use I feel good about the purchase and will be ordering another pair soon.

Heaviest one foot up victory celebration?

Front squat 160kg

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ah I tore my first ever olympic straps today had them for over a year -everyday use-

I think the fact I sweat so much made them wear out a little faster but for 12bucks to last over a year of heavy everyday use I feel good about the purchase and will be ordering another pair soon.
    ironmind straps are tough to break

just sayin'
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by crackyflipside View Post
    Heaviest one foot up victory celebration?

LMAO that was awesome. hahahahahahaha
    NJ CREW - 908/973

Protip: Go to a climbing store and ask for tubular nylon webbing.

I made my own for about $1

Protip: Go to a climbing store and ask for tubular nylon webbing.

I made my own for about $1
    Good tip! They are very cheap online, too.

Front squat 160kg

read this article yesterday, finally got my 2nd pull timing down and added 20lbs to cleans with more in the tank. A little arm pull here and there, but I found when I focused on keeping arms straight for as long as possible as well as really cranking the hip extension, the bar came up surprising fast/explosively. Pretty much "oh, this is how its supposed to work" feelsgoodman

http://www.cathletics.com/articles/i...ty&shortyID=49

in use:

Misc Strength Crew

Page 135 of 580 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 ... LastLast