jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10)

slap tear cause pectoral instability ???

Just wondering if any of you out there have experienced the following in relation to your slap tear: I have upcoming surgery on 11/18 and have been trying to get through my workouts the best that I can. But I have noticed that my pec/chest on the left side (left shoulder is the one that's injured) is soft and not as hard in comparison to my right when flexed. Anyone else notice this especially when doing the pec deck or other chest exercise? Does the slap tear have any relation to the pectoral muscle?
    "Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young."

Dirtylocks is a name known to all. (+5000) Dirtylocks is a name known to all. (+5000) Dirtylocks is a name known to all. (+5000) Dirtylocks is a name known to all. (+5000) Dirtylocks is a name known to all. (+5000) Dirtylocks is a name known to all. (+5000) Dirtylocks is a name known to all. (+5000) Dirtylocks is a name known to all. (+5000) Dirtylocks is a name known to all. (+5000) Dirtylocks is a name known to all. (+5000) Dirtylocks is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jfiercly View Post
    Does the slap tear have any relation to the pectoral muscle?
    Absolutely.

I know after my anterior inferior capsular shift (for torn labrum after dislocation), my left pectoral muscle was never the same.

Forget pec flies, and it may even be wise to avoid the bench all together for building chest strength...the compromise to shoulders is simply not worth it in the long run.