Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    1handed87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

National Personal Training Institute

Does anybody on here know about it and know if the schooling is legit? It seems like a good setup bc it has 200 hrs in the gym as well at 300 in the classroom. The program also claims to have great job placement programs if I wasn't going to do my own business. If anybody can let me know about if its good or not I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 1handed87 View Post
    Does anybody on here know about it and know if the schooling is legit? It seems like a good setup bc it has 200 hrs in the gym as well at 300 in the classroom. The program also claims to have great job placement programs if I wasn't going to do my own business. If anybody can let me know about if its good or not I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.
    I haven't heard about the program specifically but those "personal trainer schools" with that many hours I would guess are a good investment if you want to be a personal trainer and don't have any formal education and little or no practical experience.

How much does their program cost?
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | Facebook.com/askthetrainercom

Kevin463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevin463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

The program costs $6300.

500 hours total (4, 6 or 12 month options) including, as the OP said, 300 classroom and 200 in the gym.

I don't think it's a bad deal and I'm thinking of attending too. I don't do well with self-study type learning so this sounds ideal to me.

JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kevin463 View Post
    The program costs $6300.

500 hours total (4, 6 or 12 month options) including, as the OP said, 300 classroom and 200 in the gym.

I don't think it's a bad deal and I'm thinking of attending too. I don't do well with self-study type learning so this sounds ideal to me.
    I actually attended NPTI out here in Hoboken, NJ and honestly, it was the best thing I've ever done. The instructors are top notch and it's all hands on learning. The course covers everything from strength training to Anatomy to Nutrition. It's a lot of information and it's well worth it in my opinion. Plus, the school is a legitimate school. They are board of Ed certified and you can take out a student load for the course, which is what I did. I highly recommend it to someone who has the time to put into it.

believe7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kevin463 View Post
    The program costs $6300.

I graduated from the course last April and it was a wonderful learning experience, phenomenal instructor here in Seattle and you can always go back and be a guest speaker or sit in on class anytime. Its a great networking thing also...It's all about who you know and of course what you learn in the program...but I'm still keeping in contact with my fellow classmates and its a great opportunity overall. It may seem pricey but its definitely worth it in the long run.
    "If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done." --Vince Lombardi

1handed87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the advice. I am thinking about enrolling in Raleigh, NC come January. I have only heard good things about the school but I want to make sure it is the real deal before I would shell out that much money.

N.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have heard good things about the school for those who want to become personal trainers. They cover's a broad range of kinesiology topics that you will need for the certification exam.
    Exercise

StrongGurl123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I just started the coarse 2 weeks ago in Rochester Hills, MI. So far I love it! I have learned so much in 2 weeks and the workouts are great! I think this is a very good choice in becoming a certified personal trainer.

TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500)
    Does the tuition include the cost of getting certified or is it just a prep ccourse?

Miike012 is not very well liked. (-100) Miike012 is not very well liked. (-100) Miike012 is not very well liked. (-100) Miike012 is not very well liked. (-100) Miike012 is not very well liked. (-100) Miike012 is not very well liked. (-100) Miike012 is not very well liked. (-100) Miike012 is not very well liked. (-100) Miike012 is not very well liked. (-100) Miike012 is not very well liked. (-100) Miike012 is not very well liked. (-100)
    what certifications do you get?

TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500) TheLimit is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Miike012 View Post
    what certifications do you get?

That's what I'm wondering.. Or if its just a really expensive prep course. Hell.. For 6k I better get prepared and tested for SEVERAL certs. Wether they're relevant or not, still I expect more than just a long seminar.

Someone with experience plz chime in

Respectmyhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Respectmyhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Respectmyhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Respectmyhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Respectmyhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Respectmyhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Respectmyhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Respectmyhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Respectmyhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Respectmyhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Respectmyhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheLimit View Post
    That's what I'm wondering.. Or if its just a really expensive prep course. Hell.. For 6k I better get prepared and tested for SEVERAL certs. Wether they're relevant or not, still I expect more than just a long seminar.

Hey man whats up i am currently attending the one in lyndhurst nj its real deal. It is not just sit and learn how to lift weights its very intense and it teaches you all the stuff you dont know not just the stuff u already been hearing from day one in the gym . It is very intense into anatomy and nutrition and i have been attending for about a month now and i had one test and its great how most of it is memorization and any math formulas they give you and your allowed to use on the tests so its good ......you earn a diploma in training and in nutrion and you get cpr certified so you do not have to attend any seminars or pay fees or anything to renew eevry year or so so its kinda worth the money plus books are all inclued and half od the class is actually working out or literally training your other classmates and it counts as experince so you start the game with 200 hours of on site training so not many gyms can deny you with all these credentials im sure........plus after this course you should be able to pass most of the other certs or at least be very close to it so if your serious about a career i think im set when im done i will be ready to do my thing
    When all my humanity was gone and i did not care if i lived or died anymore I awoke again

I will win the dymatize 200k 2015 challenge
    follow me on
    instagram- Theguzzi
    face book -www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008488175320

camfahey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its worth it.. i have been in it for 3 months and already have a Job as a PT. It is just a really expensive prep course but you learn a lot of stuff. most gyms will hire you with just an NPTI diploma

Kevin463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevin463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I went to check out the school in Tampa and wow, the gym there is awesome!

I will definitely be attending in January.

-Trav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also have a few questions for those enrolled or graduated from NPTI. This program sounds well worth it, but it also says it is state recognized. If I graduate from on school and move out of state, will I have to renew my certification in that state? Also, what is the job outlook like for the graduates and average salary?

I am currently enrolled in a 4-year University that is recognized internationally for many areas within the Health Promotion and Wellness Dept. I dislike universities due to all the GER's required before actaully progressing towards the major intended. I am just looking for some guidance or deciding factors to help make my decision.

Originally Posted by -Trav View Post
    I also have a few questions for those enrolled or graduated from NPTI. This program sounds well worth it, but it also says it is state recognized. If I graduate from on school and move out of state, will I have to renew my certification in that state? Also, what is the job outlook like for the graduates and average salary?

I am currently enrolled in a 4-year University that is recognized internationally for many areas within the Health Promotion and Wellness Dept. I dislike universities due to all the GER's required before actaully progressing towards the major intended. I am just looking for some guidance or deciding factors to help make my decision.
    bump for updates?

jjsafari is not very helpful. (-500) jjsafari is not very helpful. (-500) jjsafari is not very helpful. (-500) jjsafari is not very helpful. (-500) jjsafari is not very helpful. (-500) jjsafari is not very helpful. (-500) jjsafari is not very helpful. (-500) jjsafari is not very helpful. (-500) jjsafari is not very helpful. (-500) jjsafari is not very helpful. (-500) jjsafari is not very helpful. (-500)
    i have seen the ad's but was very skeptical about it. but i think this thread offers a lot of assurance about the program. thumbs up for NPTI.

what is their pass/fail ratio?
    NASM CPT
    -need to know whats gtg lmk
    http://www.precisionpeptides.com/?aff=JSNetwork

disposablewiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheLimit View Post

-----

Im enrolled in Virginia. When I graduate I have 30 days to take NASM (choices were NASM or ACE) test at no additional cost. NPTI also had 3 specialty classes just on NASM specific protocol (several things are just a little different in the way NASM does things). Also recieved the NASM text book with my tuition. Program in VA Year 2018 is $8,000.