orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need help buying bumpers

Hello everyone, I am planning to buy a nice set of Olympic bumpers and a solid olympic barbell to use in my basement. I have a few different options and questions and I would like a few pointers.. I preferably want a colored set of bumpers with a great bounce.

It is between a Pendlay bumper and barbell set or a Werksan Economy High School bumper kit. Both can be found here, respectively:

http://www.muscledriverusa.com/pebupenehdba.html
    http://www.werksan.com/ (second kit under "rubber bumpers")

What does "economy" even mean in regards to the WerkSan bumpers?

Now I would prefer colored bumpers, but WerkSan seems to be the higher quality choice. Quality will come over color. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Also, what do you guys think of these "Econ" bumpers?

http://www.muscledriverusa.com/ecblbupl.html

Seem to have a higher rating than Pendlay bumpers in regards to how close they are to the weight they are said to be.

Thanks again
    pawt

orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10) orangeking is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not one person can give me a hand with this?
    pawt

madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    chadwilliam1 should be able to give you the best advice on this question. He's the resident bumper expert...

I got the Kraiburg bumpers from muscledriver and they're great. To be honest, if you're just lifting alone in your basement, you won't really notice that much of a difference, and durability won't be such a huge deal. You can't really go wrong with any of those choices... Hi-Temp bumpers have a smaller diameter than others, so watch out for that.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^I agree, Chad seems to be the expert. I lift on Mavrik bumpers at home, and getting ready to pick a pair of 10's and 15's of the Pendlay colored bumpers (I lifted on them up in WF back in July with Glenn and liked them). They are fairly inexpensive and colored. The Werk-san Training colored bumpers are pretty good also, but a bit more cost.

You mentioned that you wanted colored bumpers, but then went on list all black bumpers as your options, what prompted that? take a look at www.muscledriverusa.com for the pendlay bumpers. You can get a set for a great price and free shipping.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks, madaozeki and olyw8lifter you guys made me feel all warm inside.

Werksan makes a good product. IMO if you are willing to spend that kind of money than I suggest the Eliko training set. With the choices you gave, it is simple you get what you pay for. I have the Pendlay 140 KG set and I like them a lot. I only lift at my house 1-2 times per week. My garage is just a back up if I cant lift at the club. So the durability is not a huge issue and I could gone with a cheaper set but I love colored bumpers.

I would stay away from the econ bumpers if you will be training a lot. Also if you will be using the 10kg's alone a lot you will wear them out pretty fast. The brass insert on those is not the best. I have fixed the 10's at my club several times. They are very very sloppy now.

IMO the best bang for the buck in terms of durability is the Hi-Temp bumpers. They are not dense so they have a lot of bounce, this might be good since you will be lifting at your house if other people are home. The 10's are too bouncy they will be all over the place when you drop them. That is the reason my coach took his 10kg Hi-temps home. People were hitting things when they let them drop.

If you are very strong and you can clean and jerk 200Kg the Hi-temps, kraiburgs and econ bumpers will limit you because of the bumper width. You can eventually run out of bar space. Rarely is this an issue.

I would go with the Pendlay set and an Eleiko bar. That is what I lift with now and I am very happy. I think an Eliko training bar is $900 and pendlay set is $700. That would make for a very nice home gym.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=118253631

hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i've never bought bumpers but my gym has kraiburg bumpers and there good enough for me
    Last edited by hazard52003; 10-24-2009 at 08:46 AM.
    NJ CREW - 908/973

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have used the bumpers from MDUSA, they are good quality and the price is right.

Take a look at the Kraiburg ones as well (also mentioned above).
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs

ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    After spending the day at a comp yesterday loading and unloading Eleiko plates I am glad I didnt buy them. Do not get me wrong they are awesome as I am an Eliko fan boy but they fit so damn tight. It is a PIA loading and unloading them all day,

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    These may be worth taking a look at.They were recommended to me.I went with Kraiburgs to get started though.The Kraiburgs now have stainless inserts.

http://www.theg2scart.com/CrossFit_B...Plates_s/2.htm

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    here's a link to a thread in the Equip forum.

You can get 30-40% off york stuff through their rep.

Their elite bumpers may be worth looking at too.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=119670021

Originally Posted by 4MEandThem View Post
    here's a link to a thread in the Equip forum.

You can get 30-40% off york stuff through their rep.

Their elite bumpers may be worth looking at too.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=119670021
    Nice, I just e-mail for a quote on a bar.
    York's comp bars are nice. I dont recall ever using york comp bumpers though.