skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Very very thirsty....

I woke up last night so thirsty I thought I was dieing. I scrambled to the sink for water as my mouth was sticking to its self in extreme thirst. All day I'm thirsty like this, it's horrible. I try to offset each cup of coffee with one cup of water but to no avail, all the foods I've been eating have been horribley salty (marinated pork loins, baby bell cheese, etc).

Has any one experienced this? What can I do aside try to change my eating pattern?
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    I woke up last night so thirsty I thought I was dieing. I scrambled to the sink for water as my mouth was sticking to its self in extreme thirst. All day I'm thirsty like this, it's horrible. I try to offset each cup of coffee with one cup of water but to no avail, all the foods I've been eating have been horribley salty (marinated pork loins, baby bell cheese, etc).

Has any one experienced this? What can I do aside try to change my eating pattern?
    By any chance with being in NY, have you had to turn your heat up? I know I get dehydrated once fall hits because the air is so dry in our house. We already had to turn our humidifiers at night.

s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500)
    I get this regularily

Carbohydrates and salt are electrolytes, restricting them means restricting your electrolyte intake, which hold water in the body.

I drink some water with lemon juice in it, it doesn't happen as bad after that.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Of course I spent 20 minutes scraping ice off my car this morning!

I really think this is completely related to my diet, but I find myself in a situation where I need to make big changes to change how I eat. I no longer cook for just myself, and the other person detests anything healthy I make So I end up getting things like premarinated pieces of meat because they fill my macros and the palette of the other person. But the salt.... oh lawd I think I'm going to die of dehydration.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Originally Posted by s.o.u.p View Post
    I get this regularily

Carbohydrates and salt are electrolytes, restricting them means restricting your electrolyte intake, which hold water in the body.

I drink some water with lemon juice in it, it doesn't happen as bad after that.
    But I'm getting plenty of salt

s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500)
    Well how much water are you drinking? A man your size should be drinking 3 litres a day.

Hmmm probably around that including coffee, w/ one liter being coffee.

So the answer is what I feared, drink more water, eat less salt?

Have you looked at potassium?

Potassium is also needed by the body, just as much as sodium, you could have an imbalance.

Does I have catabolismz? TaoistWarrior's Avatar
    TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This diet has a diuretic effect (high-sodium foods; protein) and you'll need to drink way more water on it than a normal diet- It's normal.

Are you taking a protein shake before bed?
    It's time for a Breakthrough.

No protein shake before bed, usually I'll have a spoon of PB which I'm sure doesn't help

Does I have catabolismz? TaoistWarrior's Avatar
    TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No protein shake before bed, usually I'll have a spoon of PB which I'm sure doesn't help
    That's not too bad. PB is a great, satisfying little lump of fatty/proteiny heaven that can help ya sleep if yu don't like going to bed hungry/on an empty stomach.

You may just have to increase your water intake throughout the day, and look into supplemental potassium.
    It's time for a Breakthrough.

stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had the exact same thing the first few weeks of keto... i would wake up thinking i was gonna die chug 3 huge glasses of water and bring one back to bed and finish it in a few minutes... and all day pretty much. It ended up going a way but i started drinking over a gallon a day.

Word, I'm gonna go buy like 10 gallons of water after work. This means war.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by s.o.u.p View Post
    Have you looked at potassium?

Potassium is also needed by the body, just as much as sodium, you could have an imbalance.
    Bingo. That comes out through sweat and piss too.
    FEED THE MUSCLE, BURN THE FAT!

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Word, I'm gonna go buy like 10 gallons of water after work. This means war.
    What type of supplements do you take? I know EC Stack makes you piss like crazy too.
    FEED THE MUSCLE, BURN THE FAT!

supplements: fish oil, multi, whey

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Definitely sounds like you might be taking in too much sodium in relation to potassium. Personally, I like to get the salt that is a mixture of sodium and potassium. Also, almonds, spinach, lettuce and many other keto friendly foods have a pretty good dose of potassium.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/likness14.htm