Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BEEFYCAKY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BEEFYCAKY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BEEFYCAKY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BEEFYCAKY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BEEFYCAKY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BEEFYCAKY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BEEFYCAKY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BEEFYCAKY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BEEFYCAKY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BEEFYCAKY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BEEFYCAKY will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What causes a GH gut?

Hi

I'm having a discussion on another forum and try explaining to people that steroids or HGH don't have anything to do with the gut bodybuilders get. Why does the gut get big from eating lots of food?

And any pic of Dexter Jackson with relaxed gut would be cool.

Thanks

Kiwi_Kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiwi_Kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiwi_Kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiwi_Kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiwi_Kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiwi_Kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiwi_Kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiwi_Kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiwi_Kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiwi_Kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiwi_Kid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was under the impression it was due to the huge carbohydrate requirements when using insulin and IGF-1.
    " The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Coming back from injury

Current 5RM

Bench 5x80kg
    Squat 5x120kg
    Dead 5x120kg
    Millitary 5x60kg

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is it the growing of internal organs which distends the belly? I'm not sure to be honest but I heard insulin use is a big reason for GH guts too.

mackenzie-uk is just really nice. (+1000) mackenzie-uk is just really nice. (+1000) mackenzie-uk is just really nice. (+1000) mackenzie-uk is just really nice. (+1000) mackenzie-uk is just really nice. (+1000) mackenzie-uk is just really nice. (+1000) mackenzie-uk is just really nice. (+1000) mackenzie-uk is just really nice. (+1000) mackenzie-uk is just really nice. (+1000) mackenzie-uk is just really nice. (+1000) mackenzie-uk is just really nice. (+1000)
    Urm GH?

jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mackenzie-uk View Post
    Urm GH?
    Winnar.

Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    insulin causes the disgusting elastic alien belly that Ronnie, Silvio, Dennis Wolf showed on stage.

standard distended bellies can be caused by eating too much on a regular basis or a hernia or even liver problems. these ones protrude but still look firm unlike that Ronnie & Silvio elastic looking stomach crap... abdomen looking like a plastic bag that got stretched out too far and can never return to its previous firmer state.

ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kiwi_Kid View Post
    I was under the impression it was due to the huge carbohydrate requirements when using insulin and IGF-1.
    Originally Posted by Rsardinia View Post
    Is it the growing of internal organs which distends the belly? I'm not sure to be honest but I heard insulin use is a big reason for GH guts too.
    Originally Posted by Daewoo_Lanos View Post
    insulin causes the disgusting elastic alien belly that Ronnie, Silvio, Dennis Wolf showed on stage.

standard distended bellies can be caused by eating too much on a regular basis or a hernia or even liver problems. these ones protrude but still look firm unlike that Ronnie & Silvio elastic looking stomach crap... abdomen looking like a plastic bag that got stretched out too far and can never return to its previous firmer state.
    this ^^^^^^^king kamali was asked this question on his thread a while ago and he said it was slin that caused the distended gut and not gh
    i rep back if i forget pm me and i will do it on recharge............

getting massive again :)

show time next year

first_second is a jewel in the rough. (+500) first_second is a jewel in the rough. (+500) first_second is a jewel in the rough. (+500) first_second is a jewel in the rough. (+500) first_second is a jewel in the rough. (+500) first_second is a jewel in the rough. (+500) first_second is a jewel in the rough. (+500) first_second is a jewel in the rough. (+500) first_second is a jewel in the rough. (+500) first_second is a jewel in the rough. (+500) first_second is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I always believed an extended gut was caused only by drugs, now I know a big factor is food. I failed a bulk ages ago, I was chuggin' a liter of oats a day etc etc, way more than my digested system could handle. What price did I pay? Well now I have mild distention which I will have forever.

FullROM is not very well liked. (-100) FullROM is not very well liked. (-100) FullROM is not very well liked. (-100) FullROM is not very well liked. (-100) FullROM is not very well liked. (-100) FullROM is not very well liked. (-100) FullROM is not very well liked. (-100) FullROM is not very well liked. (-100) FullROM is not very well liked. (-100) FullROM is not very well liked. (-100) FullROM is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by first_second View Post
    I always believed an extended gut was caused only by drugs, now I know a big factor is food. I failed a bulk ages ago, I was chuggin' a liter of oats a day etc etc, way more than my digested system could handle. What price did I pay? Well now I have mild distention which I will have forever.
    Solution to your problem is loose some fat or train your abs, if that does nt work get some pills for constipation. You will not have any kind of gut from food...lol

80's bodybuilders used to eat huge amounts of food and they did into thje 1990's before 1997 when guts really appeared. Food is not the main reason.

morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by first_second View Post
    its a combined effect. u have it mild, but if u took all the stuff as well it would be major. not just coz it will make u eat even more but there is something about intestines having many igf receptors. the slin makes it even worse as it makes them hungry as hell. guys in the 70s ate tons as well, didnt have guts.

"thats right, its just business. pure & simple.
    not nose biting, alien hiding, secret parking-lot meeting conspiracies.
    just pure business, ally-favoring, charade playing business.
    & they always pull the conspiracy card out to make anyone who questions it sound like some paranoid freak."

The Big D's Advocate.
    Keepin the bastards honest.
    Building an ego the size of a cathedral.
    Holding the light in one hand, the darkness in the other.

Mpower. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mpower. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mpower. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some times its plain old visceral fat and has nothing to do with drugs or even bodybuilding in general.

delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not enough protein supplements causing them to get kwashiorkor.

morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) morderstwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mpower. View Post
    Some times its plain old visceral fat and has nothing to do with drugs or even bodybuilding in general.
    gh increases fat deposits internally around organs, but burns it off under the skin

Originally Posted by delineator View Post
    Not enough protein supplements causing them to get kwashiorkor.
    lulz

& they always pull the conspiracy card out to make anyone who questions it sound like some paranoid freak."

The Big D's Advocate.

Mpower. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mpower. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mpower. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FullROM View Post
    Solution to your problem is loose some fat or train your abs, if that does nt work get some pills for constipation. You will not have any kind of gut from food...lol

80's bodybuilders used to eat huge amounts of food and they did into thje 1990's before 1997 when guts really appeared. Food is not the main reason.
    In SOME cases it can be food in the sense that your body will determine where excess calories/fat will go....In some people's specific cases that place is in between organs.

xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mpower. View Post
    In SOME cases it can be food in the sense that your body will determine where excess calories/fat will go....In some people's specific cases that place is in between organs.
    They get to about 3% BF, there is no excess fat at that range, food gives you a gut only if you are fat, pros in competition got them because of drugs, although I dont know wich one
    If you see your loaded squat barbell and dont feel fear you are not pushing yourself enough.
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xh_gonz/

ONE MORE REP!!!

The finish line is just the begining of another race, GO!

tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by morderstwo View Post
    its a combined effect. u have it mild, but if u took all the stuff as well it would be major. not just coz it will make u eat even more but there is something about intestines having many igf receptors. the slin makes it even worse as it makes them hungry as hell. guys in the 70s ate tons as well, didnt have guts.
    Most pros are in their 30's and 40's these days. Arnold and other 70's guys were much younger.

I'm 50 and gut is considerably bigger than it was in my 20's despite having relatively low sub-cutaneous fat. I'm searching for answers and even went to my doc and had an ultra sound to find out what is in there. My doctor seems to think it's part of aging...the accumulation up of viseral fat.

On the way to 200+ pounds KevinSorbo's Avatar
    KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LOL @ people thinking its from food. BBers have always eaten a ton, but when you have been dieting for 8-14 weeks and STILL have a gut at 3% bodyfat, you're an idiot if you think its from food. By that point you dotn have alot in your system, and distention is not permanent, so it would not be there after dieting.
    Last edited by KevinSorbo; 10-07-2009 at 03:12 PM.

BiggerTommorow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggerTommorow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggerTommorow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggerTommorow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggerTommorow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggerTommorow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggerTommorow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggerTommorow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggerTommorow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggerTommorow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggerTommorow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sugar sugar sugar, where i live we have a lot of brown people and in their home country they are accustomed to their sugary treats, the only problem is in Canada sugar is ridiculously cheap and they eat way too much of it, all of the brown older men have wicked guts that look like they are pregnant because they have toothpick arms/legs/everything else except the gut. Maybe one too many insulin spikes?

Registered User eXpiRaTioN_DaTe's Avatar
    eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eXpiRaTioN_DaTe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lordosis can also give the appearance of a distended gut, although im not sure how many pro BBers have this problem

gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tropo View Post
    Most pros are in their 30's and 40's these days. Arnold and other 70's guys were much younger.

I'm 50 and gut is considerably bigger than it was in my 20's despite having relatively low sub-cutaneous fat. I'm searching for answers and even went to my doc and had an ultra sound to find out what is in there. My doctor seems to think it's part of aging...the accumulation up of viseral fat.
    When they had Masters Olympia the guts weren't noticeably bigger than the normal Olympia. Cant really make a judgment off 1 case alone.
    "Though the concept is not scientifically validated in detail (it should be considered as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory), it is useful from a practical standpoint. When training athletes, it is impossible to wait until scientific research provides all of the necessary knowledge." Vladmir M. Zatsiorsky, Ph.D.

Helper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never bought the, "Well do you know how much pros eat!" line of reasoning for the cause of GH gut. That never made any sense to me.

Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've heard several diabetics confirm that insulin has nothing to do with a gut....and I've seen a few scientific studies that show HGH can cause gut growth.

If you think it isn't drug related you're deluding yourself.
    No crew crew.

Originally Posted by Zeneth View Post
    I've heard several diabetics confirm that insulin has nothing to do with a gut....and I've seen a few scientific studies that show HGH can cause gut growth.

i think people are too obsessed with the idea that they have to narrow it down to 1 cause alone. its not just the insulin (diabetics dont eat like bb'ers), its not just the gh (ppl on hrt dont have guts), & its not just food. it is the combined effect. aas & insulin with hard training make u eat like u wouldn't imagine, more blood is sent to the intestine to digest it all so the igf receptors are flooded, the gh grows things that are being worked hard + all the swelling & stretching thrown in etc etc. cant anyone see the chain reaction?

The Big D's Advocate.

Wixom74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wixom74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wixom74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wixom74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wixom74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wixom74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wixom74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wixom74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wixom74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wixom74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wixom74 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Imo, I believe that it is because no one does abdominal vacuums anymore. Look at Mark Alvisi, he's the only popular bodybuilder I've seen that can do a good vacuum pose and he has no gut at all.

Sorry I can't find any pics. If you have the lastest MD, you can see for yourself, sorry guys.
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight."
    -Ronnie Coleman

"Light weight................. Baby."
    -Ronnie Coleman

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Could you point me in the direction of those studies? No one has ever given me a medical reference for the distended gut from GH. I even talked to a doctor doing cutting-edge research in bowel diseases and rehabilitation with GH and she wasn't familiar with these distention and organ-growing side effects.

feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mrusa85 View Post
    Could you point me in the direction of those studies? No one has ever given me a medical reference for the distended gut from GH. I even talked to a doctor doing cutting-edge research in bowel diseases and rehabilitation with GH and she wasn't familiar with these distention and organ-growing side effects.
    Probably because they don't eat large amounts of food... oh wait hold on that's right its got nothing to do with food as evidenced by 70s bodybuilders.

Probably because they don't take insulin to get hungry enough to eat large amounts of food... oh wait hold on that's right its got nothing to do with insulin as evidenced by everyday diabetics.

i think people are too obsessed with the idea that they have to narrow it down to 1 cause alone. its not just the insulin (diabetics dont eat like bb'ers), its not just the gh (ppl on hrt dont have guts), & its not just food. it is the combined effect. aas & insulin with hard training make u eat like u wouldn't imagine, more blood is sent to the intestine to digest it all so the igf receptors are flooded, the gh grows things that are being worked hard + all the swelling & stretching thrown in etc etc. cant anyone see the chain reaction?

Actually its probably just because they don't do stomach vacuums anymore. Tell her to study this instead.
    The irrestistible force meets the immovable object.

Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000) Zeneth is just really nice. (+1000)
    If it was food, why didn't the bodybuilders of old get guts?

People forget they were eating pretty insane amounts of food, and they knew less about nutrition than now. Sergio Oliva was drinking 3 litres of coca cola a day and eating cakes and **** right up to contest time.
    No crew crew.

Originally Posted by mrusa85 View Post
    I'll try and find them. A few have been posted on this forum.
    No crew crew.

feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If it was food, why didn't the bodybuilders of old get guts?

People forget they were eating pretty insane amounts of food, and they knew less about nutrition than now. Sergio Oliva was drinking 3 litres of coca cola a day and eating cakes and **** right up to contest time.
    Strong comprehension skills
    The irrestistible force meets the immovable object.

Originally Posted by feltmann View Post
    Strong comprehension skills
    I didn't quote you. Strong comprehension skills.
    No crew crew.