mirandawrites has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirandawrites has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirandawrites has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirandawrites has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Celulite above the knee on both legs :(

I will call it genitics, no matter how hard I work my legs, I can not seem to get the celulite/fat above my knees to go away. Does anyone have any sugestions? BTW my bf is 17%
    Last edited by mirandawrites; 10-06-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    Miranda

SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SportyShorty89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mirandawrites View Post
    i will call it genitics, no matter how hard i work my legs, i can not seem to get the celulite/fat above my knees to go away. Does anyone have any sugestions?
    bf%
    *Mirror on the wall, here we are again, through my rise and fall, you've been my only friend* -lil wayne

Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I will call it genitics, no matter how hard I work my legs, I can not seem to get the celulite/fat above my knees to go away. Does anyone have any sugestions? BTW my bf is 17%
    judging by your weight and height id agree that it is genetics... All i can say is that you should up your cardio and continue hitting your legs hard. Dont forget those squats, legs presses, and leg extensions
    Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then what deafness may we not all possess? ~ Dune

We need a new ideology with the core values of reason, honesty, science and secular progress over the older traditions of religion, superstition and dogmatic faith that have long defined humanity. We will never be free to progress and advance until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest. And every equivalent.

mikayla487 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikayla487 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikayla487 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikayla487 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikayla487 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikayla487 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikayla487 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikayla487 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikayla487 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikayla487 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikayla487 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I too fight a daily battle against cellulite and I know it's one I will never completely win - but there are things you can do to keep it under control...firstly, no-one knows why some women are more prone to the unsightly attack of the buldge more than others, which is caused by fat tissues pushing through the underlying structure of our skin, even present on girls with low bodyfat ratios - your's for example, is hardly tipping the scale towards unheathy. Did you know cellulite can even be graded, from levels 1 - 3, depending upon its severity! Ok, so to get rid of it completely you would have to drop to such a low bodyfat that would just be unhealthy and impractical to sustain. However, you can improve the appearance of cellulite by using a multi-pronged attack combining weight-training, increase in muscle should in theory push out against the skin, giving a firming effect, diet, and as a fellow bodybuilding enthuiast I don't need to patronise you as to what you put in your mouth, some good cardio, personally I go for a 5 to 10 k run every day and what follows is my secret weapon which I swear has seen my cellulite dramatically improve over the past couple of years...and I was most certainly a stage 3... immediately after my run, and whilst my legs are still red from the increased blood circulation I use a natural bristle brush with a mild body soap and give them a really good brushing, in circular motions, towards the lymph nodes in the groin area. When out of the shower and towel dry use a decent body lotion to replace moisture to your skin, again using a massaging action to basically break down any fatty build up which may be tempted to take up residence on your thighs. Keep at it, every day, not just when you remember, don't give that cellulite a chance to regroup or reform!! Hope this helps, it did for me!

Plainandtall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Plainandtall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Plainandtall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Plainandtall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Plainandtall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Plainandtall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Plainandtall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Plainandtall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Plainandtall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Plainandtall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Plainandtall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Miranda- Are you sure it's cellulite? You BF is pretty low and your weight seems right on... the knee is a funny place because
    1. they bend a lot- so there is a lot of slack skin when the leg is straight
    2. the thigh muscles are huge- and weighty when not flexed- so their weight shifts too
    3. your eye view of the knee makes every bump foreshortened

I think it's possible that you are viewing your body with an unrealisticly harsh eye that other people don't.

My last question... there is actually a part of anatomy- that looks like a lump at the bottom of your thigh just above your kneecap (it's an indent made by a band running across the bottom of a well developed vastus medialis- akin to the bumps of a sixpack!)... it's something you only see in fantasticly thin fit althetes when their thigh muscle is relaxed!! This "detail" was so beloved by the ancient Greek sculptors- they actually accentuated it in sculpture - like an adonis belt- it's a sign of PRIMO fitness... my heart would just break to think that you might have THAT and be thinking it's FAT!

I just did a quick search to show you what I mean in sculpture- you will always see it accentuated on the relaxed weight bearing leg right above the kneecap-
    http://www.ruwilson.com/sitebuilderc...res/hermes.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Ke3xWBnMokg/SB...taly+2+048.jpg

Please report back- I would be so happy if your "problem" was just a misunderstanding about your wonderful legs.

andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Plainandtall View Post
    Miranda- Are you sure it's cellulite? You BF is pretty low and your weight seems right on... the knee is a funny place because
    1. they bend a lot- so there is a lot of slack skin when the leg is straight
    2. the thigh muscles are huge- and weighty when not flexed- so their weight shifts too
    3. your eye view of the knee makes every bump foreshortened

I think it's possible that you are viewing your body with an unrealisticly harsh eye that other people don't.

My last question... there is actually a part of anatomy- that looks like a lump at the bottom of your thigh just above your kneecap (it's an indent made by a band running across the bottom of a well developed vastus medialis- akin to the bumps of a sixpack!)... it's something you only see in fantasticly thin fit althetes when their thigh muscle is relaxed!! This "detail" was so beloved by the ancient Greek sculptors- they actually accentuated it in sculpture - like an adonis belt- it's a sign of PRIMO fitness... my heart would just break to think that you might have THAT and be thinking it's FAT!

I just did a quick search to show you what I mean in sculpture- you will always see it accentuated on the relaxed weight bearing leg right above the kneecap-
    http://www.ruwilson.com/sitebuilderc...res/hermes.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Ke3xWBnMokg/SB...taly+2+048.jpg

Please report back- I would be so happy if your "problem" was just a misunderstanding about your wonderful legs.
    I thought the same thing at first, but after a minute I assumed she meant on the *back* of her leg above the knee.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's a combination of building up more lean mass in your legs and getting body fat lower.

Keep at it, you'll get there.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

mirandawrites has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirandawrites has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirandawrites has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirandawrites has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mikayla487 View Post
    I too fight a daily battle against cellulite and I know it's one I will never completely win - but there are things you can do to keep it under control...firstly, no-one knows why some women are more prone to the unsightly attack of the buldge more than others, which is caused by fat tissues pushing through the underlying structure of our skin, even present on girls with low bodyfat ratios - your's for example, is hardly tipping the scale towards unheathy. Did you know cellulite can even be graded, from levels 1 - 3, depending upon its severity! Ok, so to get rid of it completely you would have to drop to such a low bodyfat that would just be unhealthy and impractical to sustain. However, you can improve the appearance of cellulite by using a multi-pronged attack combining weight-training, increase in muscle should in theory push out against the skin, giving a firming effect, diet, and as a fellow bodybuilding enthuiast I don't need to patronise you as to what you put in your mouth, some good cardio, personally I go for a 5 to 10 k run every day and what follows is my secret weapon which I swear has seen my cellulite dramatically improve over the past couple of years...and I was most certainly a stage 3... immediately after my run, and whilst my legs are still red from the increased blood circulation I use a natural bristle brush with a mild body soap and give them a really good brushing, in circular motions, towards the lymph nodes in the groin area. When out of the shower and towel dry use a decent body lotion to replace moisture to your skin, again using a massaging action to basically break down any fatty build up which may be tempted to take up residence on your thighs. Keep at it, every day, not just when you remember, don't give that cellulite a chance to regroup or reform!! Hope this helps, it did for me!
    Wow Thanks!
    Miranda

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mikayla487 View Post
    You're 5'8" and 121 lbs. You're underweight and lack of overall muscle is why you have a problem with cellulite.

Add some overall lean mass and it will make a huge difference.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    You're 5'8" and 121 lbs. You're underweight and lack of overall muscle is why you have a problem with cellulite.

Also I noticed that removing sparkling beverages from my diet helps with that. Birth control pills also favor the cellulite and it's growth.

andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post

I definitely noticed that as my hamstrings have grown my cellulite has gotten better...now to tackle that huge dent in my bum.