Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100)

Kongo's going to beat the piss out of Mir

you heard it here first!

Mir is overated and product of hype.

Don't believe me, check out the guys record on fight finder.

Kongo's going to keep the fight on the feet for a couple rounds, and knock him out in the third. Easy win.

AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How did you think Kongo Velasquez was going to go?
    "Sorry I didn't make it to the beauty pageant"

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mir is overrated.

But so is Kongo, because of his physique.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by AWhislyle View Post
    didn't really think about it much but I figured Cain would just take him down and maul him (which he did).

I don't think Frank has the takedown ability to even take down Kongo.

With Gouveia and Belcher I am also nervous. I think the fight is going to hit the floor where Belcher is a little better on his feet (my opinion).

Originally Posted by LatsMakeTheMan View Post
    Mir is overrated.

But so is Kongo, because of his physique.
    he's a good puncher, tough, and really strong in the clinch. i've seen him throw guys around. Mir's a big guy but not even that strong and his striking (although he hypes it) isn't very sound. Kongo's the better athlete and will beat up Mir.

Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mir's going to sub Kongo in the 2nd.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hurleyy View Post
    didn't really think about it much but I figured Cain would just take him down and maul him (which he did).

I don't think Frank has the takedown ability to even take down Kongo.

With Gouveia and Belcher I am also nervous. I think the fight is going to hit the floor where Belcher is a little better on his feet (my opinion).
    Frank's takedowns aren't great, but he's a big dude and Kongo lets himself get backed into the cage easily. If he can close the distance I think he can get him down. I'm sure he's improved since then, but I still remember a 226 pound Marerro taking him down about 27 times in one fight.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    Frank's takedowns aren't great, but he's a big dude and Kongo lets himself get backed into the cage easily. If he can close the distance I think he can get him down. I'm sure he's improved since then, but I still remember a 226 pound Marerro taking him down about 27 times in one fight.
    i remember herring taking him down relatively easy. but if you watch his last fights (without kain), you can see the improvements. like i said, he's still a very strong guy in the clinch. but i do value your opinion (serious, i have read your posts) and will keep it in mind.

I really want to make some money this weekend (i am a little broke). would really help me out

HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i remember herring taking him down relatively easy. but if you watch his last fights (without kain), you can see the improvements. like i said, he's still a very strong guy in the clinch. but i do value your opinion (serious, i have read your posts) and will keep it in mind.

I really want to make some money this weekend (i am a little broke). would really help me out
    He's gotten much better at sprawling and defending against guys who shoot from way outside, like Al Turk, but I forsee Mir closing the pocket with strikes like he did against Hardonk and getting it down.

I would take Kongo as a single underdog bet, because he definitely COULD put Mir away as he's coming in, or if he decides to stand, but in a parlay I would take Mir.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    He's gotten much better at sprawling and defending against guys who shoot from way outside, like Al Turk, but I forsee Mir closing the pocket with strikes like he did against Hardonk and getting it down.

I would take Kongo as a single underdog bet, because he definitely COULD put Mir away as he's coming in, or if he decides to stand, but in a parlay I would take Mir.
    that's true but you're forgetting how weak Hardonk is in the clinch. and i seem to remember Kongo throwing guys down in the clinch. I dont know, overall seems like a bad matchup for Mir imo......I think he's been overated for a while. The Lesnar fight gave him way too much press.

PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How the hell did you figure kingo is going to beat Mir you damn chump.

keep dreaming, idiot.

CutLoss is a name known to all. (+5000) CutLoss is a name known to all. (+5000) CutLoss is a name known to all. (+5000) CutLoss is a name known to all. (+5000) CutLoss is a name known to all. (+5000) CutLoss is a name known to all. (+5000) CutLoss is a name known to all. (+5000) CutLoss is a name known to all. (+5000) CutLoss is a name known to all. (+5000) CutLoss is a name known to all. (+5000) CutLoss is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PearlSoap View Post
    How the hell did you figure kingo is going to beat Mir you damn chump.

keep dreaming, idiot.
    KINGO is going to win via heel hook in the first
    True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...

fapping wilst on knees beaucephus's Avatar
    beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was actually shocked that Cain couldn't put Kongo to sleep. Made me look at Cain in a whole different light. Before that fight, I thought he had the tools to become the HW champ but after, I realized he lacks a very important tool to hold that position.
    10k+

Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by beaucephus View Post
    I was actually shocked that Cain couldn't put Kongo to sleep. Made me look at Cain in a whole different light. Before that fight, I thought he had the tools to become the HW champ but after, I realized he lacks a very important tool to hold that position.
    he dropped cain twice, and all he wanted to do was wrestle. if cain didnt have his wrestling, it would have been over soon after the first drop.
    "I would fight anyone of the UFC LW's, but the problem is that I will never put my foot in the octagon after they (UFC) tried to be funny, I would rather have bleeding hemorrhoids than fight for the UFC. I would rather have one true Japanese MMA supporter than one million fake mainstream supporters that will turn their back on you as soon as you lose a fight. - Joachim Hansen

“I would feel like a coward, like I’m running away,” - Mirko Crocop on moving to the 205lb LHW division

Brunosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brunosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brunosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brunosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brunosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brunosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brunosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brunosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brunosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brunosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brunosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gomi View Post
    he dropped cain twice, and all he wanted to do was wrestle. if cain didnt have his wrestling, it would have been over soon after the first drop.
    If Cain didn't have his wrestling, he wouldn't be in MMA, let alone the UFC
    "Men acquire a particular quality by constantly acting a particular way... you become just by performing just actions, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave actions."

fapping wilst on knees beaucephus's Avatar
    beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gomi View Post
    Yeah, but the fight stats had Cain landing like 500 punches. That's what I'm on about. You land 500 punches on someone and the fight goes to decision... you're missing something vital to be a HW contender
    10k+

YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    MIR VIA LAY AND PRAY

you heard it here first

TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mir is overated and product of hype.
    A Kongo fan calling another fighter overated and a product of hype?

TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cain is just as overated as Kongo, that's why.

AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by YesThatGuy View Post
    MIR VIA LAY AND PRAY

you heard it here first
    That would be unexpected but interesting to see, maybe Mir thinks that being the bigger guy he can pull it off.

Work hard & Dream big! UkChris93's Avatar
    UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OG

Originally Posted by TheIslander View Post
    A Kongo fan calling another fighter overated and a product of hype?
    Kongo isn't hyped up near like Mir is. Look up the word 'hype' and understand the meaning before you talk ****.

Yeah, but the fight stats had Cain landing like 500 punches. That's what I'm on about. You land 500 punches on someone and the fight goes to decision... you're missing something vital to be a HW contender
    lack of punching power? meh, didn't stop forrest griffin from becoming champ. or sean sherk, randy couture. but i see your point. I don't think Cain is that great of a fighter. just a tough stylistic matchup for Kongo.

N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you have a 50-50 chance of being right.

Kongo isn't hyped up near like Mir is. Look up the word 'hype' and understand the meaning before you talk ****.
    How is it that someone who is a 2-time former champ and people are now questioning if he's really that good more hyped than a no time champion who people think can beat a former two time champion after getting completely owned in his last fight?

E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How is it that someone who is a 2-time former champ and people are now questioning if he's really that good more hyped than a no time champion who people think can beat a former two time champion after getting completely owned in his last fight?
    this

No one ever gives him credit for his wins.

Seriously. Mir has beaten Slyvia (say what you will, but at that time was a very quality win), Big Nog (again, complain all you want about him having Staph, Mir will forever be the first to TKO Nog) and Brock (he tapped Brock. Period)

It's really not his fault that the division has sucked for years (with the exception of AA) until Brock/Nog/Randy/Mir and a couple others put it back on the map
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line
    Love Isn't Always On Time.

I dunno, man. Mir is hyped up by himself. Kongo is hyped up by tons of people who like his pecs.

Doesn't mean that either of them couldn't easily finish this fight in the first two minutes, though. It's one of those weird matchups.
    - Jens Pulver

ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah because we all know that Mir is a 2-Time All American Wrestler like Cain.

Besides I know I'm going to catch a lot of **** for this, but really Frank Mir's Jiu Jitsu is highly overrated.

His submission are explosive, flashy and strong, but his BJJ fundamentals aren't very impressive as compared to someone like BJ Penn.

Originally Posted by ChuteBoxeFC View Post
    Yeah because we all know that Mir is a 2-Time All American Wrestler like Cain.

Besides I know I'm going to catch a lot of **** for this, but really Frank Mir's Jiu Jitsu is highly overrated.

His submission are explosive, flashy and strong, but his BJJ fundamentals aren't very impressive as compared to someone like BJ Penn.
    I think he's as much as admitted that. He said there are lots of guys more technical and better than him on paper but, "If I catch something, you're not getting it back." That's a pretty good style for MMA, and it's pretty accurate looking at most of his sub wins.
    - Jens Pulver

Exilict is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Exilict is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Exilict is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Exilict is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Exilict is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Exilict is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Exilict is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Exilict is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Exilict is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Exilict is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Exilict is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by YesThatGuy View Post
    MIR VIA LAY AND PRAY

you heard it here first
    This UFC card is going to be lay and pray.... And could very well be the most borring UFC ever.

I'll take Penn, via ground game
    Mir via ground game
    Florian via ground game

-X
    ∫ іяс сязш ∫