Closed Thread
Page 13 of 334 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by C Project View Post

Become General

Invade

??????

Learn BJJ
    And that doesn't negate getting an education because?
    "If you can read this and still disagree, fantastic; just realize that you’re wrong." - Lyle McDonald

"We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. and there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Half of the stuff I say is said to piss you off. Everything else is just a lead up to me trolling you.

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MUFC View Post
    Knowing that you may never make enough through fighting to be well off (or even support yourself with only it), would fighting make you happier than working?
    For me it sure would.

Working: Sit in a cubicle and hit enter about 5,000 times a day while looking at the same screen

Fighting: Punching people

I guess working would help fuel the fire for fighting though.

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    JB let's look at this from a different side of the coin.
    You're single and you don't own a home. You're car is really the largest sort of bill you have.

I'd quit work and train full time + school full time. If you are lucky you may even be able to turn pro and make some extra change.

If you finish school at the level you're wanting too (masters) then when you finish up in 4 or so years it won't take long to pay back any loans to pay for school.

At 35 you're still 30 or so years from the age of retirement. So if you feel that 32 is "too old" to be training just hold off on working. Land a gig PT at the gym you train at or something for spending cash.

But I guess the biggest point is you're going to have to lose some money. And social living is really nothing, but a money suck. That's why it's the "first option" to cut the fat imo.
    β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Equipment Crew #56 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ

MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheStender View Post
    For me it sure would.

Working: Sit in a cubicle and hit enter about 5,000 times a day while looking at the same screen

Fighting: Punching people

I guess working would help fuel the fire for fighting though.
    Have you considered the funds-or lack thereof, that you would recieve from fighting in comparison to what you'd get from working?
    "If you can read this and still disagree, fantastic; just realize that you’re wrong." - Lyle McDonald

"We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. and there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Half of the stuff I say is said to piss you off. Everything else is just a lead up to me trolling you.

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How do you still have four years left? I thought you had two left? Generally after folks transfer from a CC it's just their major's core classes, which is like three to five semesters.
    Because I've switched my major like 4 times and just now definitely decided on accounting this semester. After this semester I will have 85 credit hours. However, some of those credit hours wouldn't count towards and accounting degree so I have some backtracking to do unfortunately.

And while it may be the least enjoyable, it's still something that has to be done. If you keep putting it off and dragging it out, by the time you graduate, get a job, and get moved around/promoted -- you will be almost 40 by the time you're making the cash you want to make.
    I agree. Do I keep making crap money now but have a semi enjoyable, non-stressful life? Or do I buckle down and have a less enjoyable life now and start making money quicker?

I just feel like, once you are out of your 20's, your life is basically worthless anyways, you might as well be married. I only have a few more good years left, do I want to waste them?

WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want to be the very best...........
    " I love it when women go to school . It's like seeing a monkey on roller skates --- it means nothing to them, but its so adorable for us "

- Admiral General Aladeen

Originally Posted by JAGERBOY View Post
    Because I've switched my major like 4 times and just now definitely decided on accounting this semester. After this semester I will have 85 credit hours. However, some of those credit hours wouldn't count towards and accounting degree so I have some backtracking to do unfortunately.

I agree. Do I keep making crap money now but have a semi enjoyable, non-stressful life? Or do I buckle down and have a less enjoyable life now and start making money quicker?

I just feel like, once you are out of your 20's, your life is basically worthless anyways, you might as well be married. I only have a few more good years left, do I want to waste them?
    A) Have less money, but be more happy?

B) Have more money, but potentially be less happy?

Interesting.

Strikeforce or bust DONJUANPIMPIN's Avatar
    DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A little NY takedown. Back Mount. RNC choke

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/10...st-viewed-24h5
    I'm
    Born to Lose
    Built To Win
    New Blog life,bjj,lifting
    cashonomics.org

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A) Have less money, but be more happy?

B) Have more money, but potentially be less happy?

Interesting.
    All that glitters is not gold.

Strength Sports for Life C Project's Avatar
    C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And that doesn't negate getting an education because?
    No, people with a college degree who go to the military start off at a higher rank and higher pay, I believe.

That's why I never really "switched" majors. Thought about it a lot, but decided that all the Engineering and Science credits wouldn't transfer. And my mommy told me not to

I would do the second option, but that's just me. I wanted to be done with this sh!t by the time I was 25, and after a lot of ups and downs, I think I'll be able to make it happen. With two degrees and a fairly decent starting salary, almost double what I'm making now.

And no way man, my dad got "in shape" going into his 40's. My mom became a certified deep sea diving instructor, and she went f*cking sky diving. She travels maybe eight times out of the year (for diving), and she has an epic social life. She's 46 or 47 I think.

Just because you're not 21 anymore, doesn't mean your life is over. You still got a long way to go, as long as you don't drink yourself into a coma
    Moved Squat, Bench, and Deadlift to Yoke, Log, and Stones.

JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I apply, I'm only eligible for like $9-11k a year right now. Maybe I could get more some other way, but I don't know how.
    Is that because of credit?

Knowing that you may never make enough through fighting to be well off (or even support yourself with only it), would fighting make you happier than working?
    No.

Originally Posted by Hishiad View Post
    JB let's look at this from a different side of the coin.
    You're single and you don't own a home. You're car is really the largest sort of bill you have.

I'd quit work and train full time + school full time. If you are lucky you may even be able to turn pro and make some extra change.

If you finish school at the level you're wanting too (masters) then when you finish up in 4 or so years it won't take long to pay back any loans to pay for school.

At 35 you're still 30 or so years from the age of retirement. So if you feel that 32 is "too old" to be training just hold off on working. Land a gig PT at the gym you train at or something for spending cash.

But I guess the biggest point is you're going to have to lose some money. And social living is really nothing, but a money suck. That's why it's the "first option" to cut the fat imo.
    Very good points. I think the lowest I'd go at hours at work would be 20 hours a week. I still need the health care benefits.

And no way man, my dad got "in shape" going into his 40's. My mom became a certified deep sea diving instructor, and she went f*cking sky diving. She travels maybe eight times out of the year (for diving), and she has an epic social life. She's 46 or 47 I think.
    Ross (rosstraining.com) just put up a blog about some lady who started powerlifting at like 60 years old and now competes in events.

Is that because of credit?
    I have no idea. I don't really even know how to apply for more. I just go to the website and follow the directions.

All that glitters is not gold.
    Chea.

I have no idea. I don't really even know how to apply for more. I just go to the website and follow the directions.
    What website?

C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ross (rosstraining.com) just put up a blog about some lady who started powerlifting at like 60 years old and now competes in events.
    That's insane.

What website?
    I don't remember, the one for financial aid?

Originally Posted by thestender View Post
    i don't remember, the one for financial aid?
    fafsa?

What website?
    It is very obv that having money/a good job would make you happier than fighting.
    It is also very obv that is near impossible for you to work full time, train and finish your education quickly (and with good grades).

In order to make money/have a good job, you need to finish your education. Since that makes you happiest (good job+money), it would also be obv that you need to get that done quickly. In order to get it done quickly, you have to drop training or working right now. Since you need to work right now for health care and to sustain yourself (and a social life, something you seem to value highly), you should stop training, work and finish your education.

There.

It is very obv that having money/a good job would make you happier than fighting.
    It is also very obv that is near impossible for you to work full time, train and finish your education quickly (and with good grades).

In order to make money/have a good job, you need to finish your education. Since that makes you happiest (good job+money), it would also be obv that you need to get that done quickly. In order to get it done quickly, you have to drop training or working right now. Since you need to work right now for health care and to sustain yourself (and a social life, something you seem to value highly), you should stop training, work and finish your education.

There.
    I agree with her.

fafsa?
    That sounds right.

Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    False.

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    False.
    You had a specific exception, one that JB does not have.

Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You had a specific exception, one that JB does not have.
    What is this exception?

I just spoke with the GF, and she said it's probably because we go to community college and that's probably why we don't get offered as much. Because the lenders aren't going to give you $20,000 a year for a college that even if you maxed it out would probably only cost $12,000 a year.

What is this exception?
    You're a goddamn superhero who can leap tall buildings.

That sounds right.
    FAFSA can eat a dick and suck my balls. Private loans be the way to go. And fastweb. But you have to work for those lol.

False.
    Agree.

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Honestly JB you're too damn worried about how old you are. Age doesn't mean ****.

Cause retirement doesn't hit until 67....and you finish high school at 18...so if you straight worked that'd be 49 years straight of working. With the life span for males being mid 80s these days that means that after you retire you still have damn near 20 years to find something to do with your time.

You've been out of high school only 10 years..you got nearly 40 left before you can retire...why not take 4 years now to train/school so that when you get back into the work world the last 30 to 35 years you'll be making a more impressive income.

You're so worried about "I'll be in my 30s my life is over" really you're life doesn't truly begin until 40 cause at 40 you're normally settled with a wife. You have a house nearly paid off and you have car loans paid off and you have 15-20 years work experience and you have finished school. So I don't get why you think 4 years now is such a big deal when in the master scheme of things you can have a larger income using these 4 years to go to school than you could just working for the 4 years.
    Last edited by Hishiad; 10-07-2009 at 11:06 AM.
    β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Equipment Crew #56 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ

You're a goddamn superhero who can leap tall buildings.
    If only. That would make my commute much better.

Seriously though Jager.

The reason I was able to work, finish my degree with a 3.65 GPA, and train was because I did not have much of a social life.

You seem REALLY attached to it, and for what?

You seem to like going out, spending money, and time, on booze and broads.

What have you gotten as a return on this investment, besides hangovers and overall lack of desire to train?

You REALLY aren't missing anything when you don't go out, other than hearing a bar full of drunks sing along to Sweet Child of Mine on the jukebox.

If anything go out one night a month if you HAVE to. That way when you do this, you will appreciate and enjoy it a bit more.

Also Jager try looking for some clubs or organizations on campus to join. I'm sure you could find something to supplement your social life.

If only. That would make my commute much better.

Seriously though Jager.

The reason I was able to work, finish my degree with a 3.65 GPA, and train was because I did not have much of a social life.

You seem REALLY attached to it, and for what?

You seem to like going out, spending money, and time, on booze and broads.

What have you gotten as a return on this investment, besides hangovers and overall lack of desire to train?

You REALLY aren't missing anything when you don't go out, other than hearing a bar full of drunks sing along to Sweet Child of Mine on the jukebox.

If anything go out one night a month if you HAVE to. That way when you do this, you will appreciate and enjoy it a bit more.
    I apprecuate the advice. But, as I told Hish, its very easy to say "forget about social life" when you are already married and were really never in to going out/being a whore in the first place. I don't value marriage or having children all that much so our priorities are much different. All I have in this world is experiences, good times and memories...and then I die. I don't believe I'm going to some paradise after I die. Maybe that's why its easier for you religous folks to not be so concerened with maximum good times in the here and now.

Closed Thread