Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bmy- View Post
    Boise St. is not good. They may have a good team every few years.. but If they played in the SEC they'd have 4 losses at best every year.
    Your logic is retarded. You still butt hurt LSU lost? I promise you Boise will be in a bigger bowl game then LSU. Another thing LSU will be losing again very soon.

Sometimes I can be a dick jkeithc82's Avatar
    jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PitbullJR View Post
    Another thing LSU will be losing again very soon.
    To Alabama right?
    Sinners in the hands of an angry Mod.

Mod is a concept...by which, we measure, our pain.

PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jkeithc82 View Post
    To Alabama right?
    Of course, and they may lose to Arkansas. I wouldn't be surprise if Auburn beats them next week.

jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Another thing LSU will be losing again very soon.
    Originally Posted by jkeithc82
    To Alabama right?
    Originally Posted by PitbullJR
    Of course

Democrats are terrorists cncman's Avatar
    cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    and, as previously stated, probably arkansas
    "If you don't vote for me you ain't black!" - Plantation Joe Biden

Wreck em
    Hook em
    Glory to Aubernia!

bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your logic is retarded.
    LSU will probably lose to Alabama, big deal. 10-2 and a top-10 finish if that plays out. You think Boise St would be successful in the SEC? Based off what? Beating bottom dwellers of ****ty conferences and winning a bowl game vs Oklahoma? FWIW Boise St would get beat by about 35 vs Florida or Alabama.

LSU just held Florida to one legit touchdown (and a total of 13 points) and that would make them lose to Arkansas how? Arkansas has no defense.. LSU should actually be able to score a few points.
    Last edited by bmy-; 10-11-2009 at 06:15 PM.
    "Sa souvraya niende misain ye ... I am lost in my own mind"
    ― Robert Jordan, A Memory of Light

For he cannot read his tombstone when he’s dead.

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ)

Originally Posted by cncman View Post
    and, as previously stated, probably arkansas
    Yes but I don't give two ****s about Arkansas.

cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    LSU will probably lose to Alabama, big deal. 10-2 and a top-10 finish if that plays out. You think Boise St would be successful in the SEC? Based off what? Beating bottom dwellers of ****ty conferences and winning a bowl game vs Oklahoma?

LSU just held Florida to one legit touchdown (and a total of 13 points) and that would make them lose to Arkansas how? Arkansas has no defense.. LSU should actually be able to score a few points. FWIW Boise St would have gotten beat by about 35 vs Florida.
    lol

Yes but I don't give two ****s about Arkansas.
    you and me both

Wreck em
    Hook em
    Glory to Aubernia!

bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000) bmy- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol
    ...?

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ)

...?
    I think bringing Texas into the subject is silly, although I agree with your point. The Longhorns would give florida or alabama a great game, LSU would not come to the table. Like I've said, we will not be able to see what Texas is capable of unless they go all the way.

Wreck em
    Hook em
    Glory to Aubernia!

I think bringing Texas into the subject is silly, although I agree with your point. The Longhorns would give florida or alabama a great game, LSU would not come to the table. Like I've said, we will not be able to see what Texas is capable of unless they go all the way.
    LSU isn't a national championship contender this year. No one with a brain expected us to win it all. Most predicted 9-3, and a quality team.

We showed we're a quality team versus Florida last night. Just lacking an offense now.. which is mind boggling considering the offensive talent we have. I'm beginning to think the problem is the offensive coordinator and not Miles. The below article predicted this turn of events in 2007.. almost perfectly. After we won the NC in 2007 he said about halfway through the 2008 season.. expect the offense to die.

http://www.picklewagon.com/2007/01/1...f-gary-crowton

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ)

LSU will probably lose to Alabama, big deal. 10-2 and a top-10 finish if that plays out. You think Boise St would be successful in the SEC? Based off what? Beating bottom dwellers of ****ty conferences and winning a bowl game vs Oklahoma? FWIW Boise St would get beat by about 35 vs Florida or Alabama.

LSU just held Florida to one legit touchdown (and a total of 13 points) and that would make them lose to Arkansas how? Arkansas has no defense.. LSU should actually be able to score a few points.
    I don't know if Boise St would be successful in the SEC and neither do you! But what I do know is that they are undefeated and ranked higher than your LSU Tigers. I played in the SEC and yes there are good teams but not all the teams are good. We just all play each other tough because many of the coaches have been coaching against one another for many years. They know eachother's tendacies and style of play.Back to not every team being good...Vanderbilt just lost to Army. D-1AA teams whip on Army. Need I say more. I feel the best teams should play for the title and until a team is beaten you can't talk sh!t about them.
    And your last comment about LSU should be able to score a few points against Arkansas...well that is debatable lol. Your offense doesn't exist and you have a lot of explosive players.

mtomjr14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mtomjr14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mtomjr14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mtomjr14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mtomjr14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mtomjr14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mtomjr14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mtomjr14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mtomjr14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mtomjr14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mtomjr14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ Florida Gators Crew ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

I don't know if Boise St would be successful in the SEC and neither do you! But what I do know is that they are undefeated and ranked higher than your LSU Tigers. I played in the SEC and yes there are good teams but not all the teams are good. We just all play each other tough because many of the coaches have been coaching against one another for many years. They know eachother's tendacies and style of play.Back to not every team being good...Vanderbilt just lost to Army. D-1AA teams whip on Army. Need I say more. I feel the best teams should play for the title and until a team is beaten you can't talk sh!t about them.
    And your last comment about LSU should be able to score a few points against Arkansas...well that is debatable lol. Your offense doesn't exist and you have a lot of explosive players.
    I can tell strictly by looking at 'recruiting rankings' and 'strength of schedule' that Boise St would not be able to hang in the SEC. There's a positive relationship between "recruiting rankings" and success.

That means that the lower a teams average recruiting ranking the less (BCS) success they will have, unless they play teams with even worse recruiting (Boise St is a shining example). Good coaching can keep lesser teams in games.. but Boise St does not have the talent to play in the SEC, they'd be an Ole Miss type team. Good once a decade.

Originally Posted by mtomjr14 View Post
    I love LSUfreek

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ)

I can tell strictly by looking at 'recruiting rankings' and 'strength of schedule' that Boise St would not be able to hang in the SEC. There's a positive relationship between "recruiting rankings" and success.

That means that the lower a teams average recruiting ranking the less (BCS) success they will have, unless they play teams with even worse recruiting (Boise St is a shining example). Good coaching can keep lesser teams in games.. but Boise St does not have the talent to play in the SEC, they'd be an Ole Miss type team. Good once a decade.

I love LSUfreek
    LMAO....You confirmed what I have always been thinking about you. I knew I was talking to a Rivals and Scout.com guru

LMAO....You confirmed what I have always been thinking about you. I knew I was talking to a Rivals and Scout.com guru
    Face the facts. There's a positive relationship whether you like to admit it or not. USC, LSU, Florida, Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, and Miami all have one thing in common besides being the best of the best. They all recruit very well. Boise St may be go able to go head to head for one big game a year. Can they do that for multiple weeks through out the season? Not a chance.

Good recruiting = good depth, and there are two things that win championships.. depth and defense.

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ)

Face the facts. There's a positive relationship whether you like to admit it or not. USC, LSU, Florida, Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, and Miami all have one thing in common besides being the best of the best. They all recruit very well.
    In terms of what, the amount of "stars" behind a person name??

In terms of what, the amount of "stars" behind a person name??
    The 'amount of stars' behind the 'amount of people' in the class, yes. 4/5* players have a better hit rate than 3*s, it's that simple. They're more likely to make an early impact and be a high-round draft pick also.

Look at Alabama recently -- two things changed for them over the course of the last few years.
    1) Coaching
    2) Talent level

Put Nick Saban at Vanderbilt and keep the talent pool the same and they'll still be Vandy due to a lack of talent.
    Last edited by bmy-; 10-11-2009 at 07:41 PM.

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ)

The 'amount of stars' behind the 'amount of people' in the class, yes. 4/5* players have a better hit rate than 3*s, it's that simple. They're more likely to make an early impact and be a high-round draft pick also.
    Seriously have you ever played football, HS? College?

Seriously have you ever played football, HS? College?
    Played HS ball. What exactly do you disagree with? The results back my statement up and they do it time after time (trends).. and all you can do is "LMAO" and "facepalm.jpg"..

Again.. put Nick Saban at Vanderbilt and keep the talent pool the same and they'll still be a bottom dweller due to a lack of talent.

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ)

Look at Alabama recently -- two things changed for them over the course of the last few years.
    1) Coaching
    2) Talent level

Put Nick Saban at Vanderbilt and keep the talent pool the same and they'll still be Vandy due to a lack of talent.
    Not true at all. Urban Meyer turned Utah into a power house, Rich Rod did the same to WVU. Look what the coach is doing for Cincy. Coaching matters more than talent. Bama was very talented when Coach Shula was there. OSU has talent and they can't win a NC....so does a lot of other teams. Stop judging people because of the amount of stars they have behind their name.

Not true at all. Urban Meyer turned Utah into a power house, Rich Rod did the same to WVU. Look what the coach is doing for Cincy. Coaching matters more than talent. Bama was very talented when Coach Shula was there. OSU has talent and they can't win a NC....so does a lot of other teams. Stop judging people because of the amount of stars they have behind their name.
    Utah was playing against teams with poor talent. When talent is equal coaching prevails. Unfortunately for schools like Boise St.. the talent is NOT equal when you're playing against the best.

Again.. what separates Alabama and Vandy?

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ)

Again.. what separates Alabama and Vandy?
    Tradition.

Tradition.
    And good tradition sure does help recruiting, right? He's literally saying that a teams overall talent level does not matter.. lmao.

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ)

And good tradition sure does help recruiting, right? He's literally saying that a teams overall talent level does not matter.. lmao.
    I personally don't think you know anythinggggg about football or talent.

I personally don't think you know anythinggggg about football or talent.
    I know that the teams that recruit the best (see: have the best players) produce the best results and the most NFL players. Why can't you grasp that simple fact? You usually argue against facts.. by presenting facts to the contrary.. not by saying "no"

So.. show me some facts that show that the less 'talented' a team is.. the better the results on the field.

Prediction: Can't and won't.

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ)

I know that the teams that recruit the best (see: have the best players) produce the best results and the most NFL players. Why can't you grasp that simple fact? You usually argue against facts.. by presenting facts to the contrary.. not by saying "no"

So.. show me some facts that show that the less 'talented' a team is.. the better the results on the field.

Prediction: Can't and won't.
    Wins and Loses matter not the stars behind recruit names. One of the best QB in the nation play for the Univ of Nevada. I assume you think that he is probably not that talented right because he was a 2star recruit? What about Vilma 2star, Sean Taylor 2star? I say this because I know many people who were 5 stars and many who were no stars and if you judge their talent level because of that you are a fool. Many of the players who were not ranked were the most successful. But I am talking to a person who probably doesn't even know what a 3 or a 9 technique is or dont even know what a stack defense consist of.

Wins and Loses matter not the stars behind recruit names. One of the best QB in the nation play for the Univ of Nevada. I assume you think that he is probably not that talented right because he was a 2star recruit? What about Vilma 2star, Sean Taylor 2star? I say this because I know many people who were 5 stars and many who were no stars and if you judge their talent level because of that you are a fool. Many of the players who were not ranked were the most successful. But I am talking to a person who probably doesn't even know what a 3 or a 9 technique is or dont even know what a stack defense consist of.
    People who go to small highschools can slip through the cracks easily. It's more difficult now that the recruiting websites are giant and have feelers everywhere. They may have changed positions in college or been injured in highschool -- but they are nothing more than exceptions to a rule that becomes more and more solid with every passing year.

Bottom line: 4/5* players have a higher 'hit rate' than 2/3* players. It's fact. It's why the good teams are the good teams and why Boise St is Boise St.

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ)

Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tmc. View Post
    I am bringing OSU up in every point because the reason you think those two teams being ranked high are laughable is because they are above OSU.

A horrible FSU team is still a better win than anything OSU has done.

Name some teams that should be ranked higher and back it up with facts and then we'll talk. Until then, you're just an ignorant homer.
    You're hating on me soley because my location says Ohio. Yes OSU and USC should be well above south florida/carolina but that has nothing to do with me being a buckeye fan. You're the only person Ive found to even come up with the gamecocks being a top 15 team.

Im an "ignorant" homer b/c you have SC about 10 spots too high, right. Keep telling youself that, I never said anything that would give the conclusion that I only care you put them over OSU. Hell, Oregon should be in the Top8 if you think SC should be 11th. You brought OSU up and started trashing them before I even posted what I thought was wrong, you are clueless and an apparent OSU hater as well.
    Last edited by Tyler44; 10-11-2009 at 08:54 PM.
    Benes

lol_ottumwa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lol_ottumwa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lol_ottumwa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lol_ottumwa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lol_ottumwa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lol_ottumwa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lol_ottumwa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lol_ottumwa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lol_ottumwa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lol_ottumwa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lol_ottumwa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    talent in high school does have a correlation with success, but football is not played on paper. If it was Florida St is a top ten team this year. And Iowa isnt a top 10 team, and sure, Boise isnt a top 5.

But it is not, coaching affects games, weather and crowds affect games, and most importantly, the maturation process between an 18 year old 5 star recruit turning 21 and growing into himself.

You honestly have no idea how talented Boise is, nor do I, but be open minded, they did dominate what looks to be a pretty damn good Oregon team.