jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50)

3 Exercise Tweaks For RESULTS!

Certain exercises can be altered slightly, and produce largely different load and stress on the body?s muscles.

I will start with a disclaimer. If you are still struggling with form and efficiency of the standard exercise variations, then work on those before trying the variations.

3 Exercise Tweaks for BIG Results.

1. Finish off with a thick bar- or other added forearm and grip exercise - emphasis on the ?finish off.? Here?s the dilemma, people will do thick bar dead lift, which the limiting factor is the grip. This will ?cheat? the posture chain as the grip fails first. If you do only straight bar, then the grip and forearm won?t advance quickly enough to help deadlift progression.

Here?s the fix - perform the dead lift as usual. After the last set, cut the weight and perform one set with a thicker grip (no thick bar? wrap it with a towel, rope, pipe insulation, whatever). This way the posterior chain has been trained and the grip can be hit with just one additionally set.

2. Tense and Concentrate - I?m serious with this one. Go with slightly lighter weight than you normally use and concentrate on flexing all the appropriate muscle and staying extremely tight throughout the motion. Even though it is lighter weight, you will be surprised at how effective this can me.

Example - The squat is a great exercise for leg development and you can squat 405. Cut the weight to 355 and perform the movement slightly slower while flexing the core has hard as humanly possible, squeezing the bar, firing your lats and tightening up your back.

This will ?teach? the muscles to fire when you get back to working heavy. When you get back to 405, and the muscles and breathing pattern now have the proper habits, then the weights will increase!

3. Switch Barbell Positions - Moving the position of the external load can drastically change the training effect on your muscles. For example, instead of holding dumbbells or a barbell on your back during step ups, hold it zercher style. This will force your core to pull yourself upright.

Have someone that leans too far fwd during lunges? Put the weight on the front, like the video below, and the person will have to pull their body upright to fight the weight.

Switch Barbell Positions - Front Lunge Exercise

-Joe Hashey, CSCS -

PS. Thanks for reading!

Double PS. Sorry to the mods for screwing up the vid and some text on the first post.
    J. Hashey, CSCS, Owner - Synergy Athletics

Website/Blog: www.synergy-athletics.com
    Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/jhashey
    EliteFts Article Contributor, Diesel Crew Forum Mod,
    Author -Bull Strength Training- www.bullstrength.com

glittergirl69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) glittergirl69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) glittergirl69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) glittergirl69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) glittergirl69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) glittergirl69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) glittergirl69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) glittergirl69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) glittergirl69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) glittergirl69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) glittergirl69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't use bar bells when I lift, but I still was able to apply what you wrote and use it for my own use. I workout on the weight machines. One thing tht I realized a long time ago is that concentration is so important. I am not sure why not many people replied to this post. I just wanted to tell you that I agree with you. I appreciate the information, thanks.

jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks glittergirl.

I know exactly what you mean about concentration, it makes a WORLD of difference. Great suggestion.

Joe

Nedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    .... i will try this wen i workout...well except for the alternative barbell placement, it looks like the guy's wrist in the video is going to snap off
    "People are always looking for an edge. A way to get better. Better than somebody else. Yet, instead of putting in the simple work and dedication, they try to find a way to get a quick fix. Simplicity works. Not the fancy Muscle-Tech hype or the lies you read in the Muscle Magazines. Just keep it simple, and work hard - Everything you want will follow."

--[llll]----[llll]--...Shut up and lift.

If you need to take off your shirt to look muscular....Your not.

hardBODmiranda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys alot of good reads.
    Getting a Hard body is not hard - it just takes hard work and motivation : http://bit.ly/48bj8y

hema456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks

Thanks for the read and comments!

The first person with the wrist position - Brad - has great wrist, eblow, and shoulder mobility from being proficent at oly lifts.

I usually go "cross arms" if I am using that variation.

Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I always wonder about stuff like this in the gym.. I have great form and I always pay extreme attention to all the exercises to make sure that (to the best of my knowledge) i am doing them to get the best results.. im always afraid though that if i drop my weight a bit that i wont be able to eventually get my weight higher and or get bigger (since my body wont think the weight is to much and not seeing a need to grow??)

joe_animal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've done exactly what you said during althletic training
    and it's very true!!!
    we switched up a lot of the same lifts just in different ways
    like your example of the lunges forward
    and instead of back squating front squating.
    I personally clinching the last set
    finally made my biceps get defined good post =)

RippedAchilles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedAchilles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedAchilles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedAchilles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedAchilles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedAchilles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedAchilles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedAchilles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedAchilles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedAchilles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedAchilles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    (1) is interesting, have never tried that. thanks.

tailender1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmm i will try them but.. i feel uncomfortable doing regular ones.
    http://free-workout-videos.com

joe animal - it looks like it worked for you!

Achilles - let me know how it goes if you try it.

tailender - I know what you mean with a barbell loaded back lunge. Tough to get your body position right and comfortable. I have most of my guys start with DBs.

Joe

msoarixay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msoarixay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msoarixay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msoarixay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msoarixay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msoarixay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msoarixay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msoarixay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msoarixay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msoarixay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msoarixay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whats the pros and cons compared with thick bar and thin bar? I tried a thick bar yesterday while increasing my weight in the bench and it felt so much lighter for some reason. Can you get the same results using thick bar all the way through instead of thin?
    Self improvement is masterbation, but self destruction......

TonicWater will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonicWater will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonicWater will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonicWater will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonicWater will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonicWater will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonicWater will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonicWater will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonicWater will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonicWater will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonicWater will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've done the 2nd and 3rd point before. 1st is an interesting idea I'll defo give a shot.
    /perma injured since 23rd Jan 2008

flyrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    il try and do that, especially with the barbell

showgirl23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) showgirl23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    awesome

newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good information. I will give it a shot.

chriskiosses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cool

chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    pretty interesting way to change things up and look at them from a different perspective.
    Bodybuilder/Powerlifter
    Bench- 460
    squat- 635
    Deadlift- 735

My Journey to Bodybuilding: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VopcJxRXd-I

realmenxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realmenxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realmenxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realmenxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realmenxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realmenxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realmenxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realmenxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realmenxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realmenxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realmenxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nice write up and informative