Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ant918 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ant918 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ant918 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ant918 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ant918 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ant918 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ant918 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ant918 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ant918 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ant918 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ant918 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by PROTEINNN View Post
    Is anyone else having problems trying to set up an account on nutritiondata.com?

I can access all the other parts of the website, but the "register" page never loads up for some reason
    This is happening to me too
    Aspiring personal trainer, any tips on the ACE certification would be well appreciated.

jondoeshouston has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jondoeshouston has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jondoeshouston has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jondoeshouston has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jondoeshouston has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jondoeshouston has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jondoeshouston has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jondoeshouston has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jondoeshouston has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jondoeshouston has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jondoeshouston has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PROTEINNN View Post
    Is anyone else having problems trying to set up an account on nutritiondata.com?

I can access all the other parts of the website, but the "register" page never loads up for some reason
    Loaded up fine for me just now. I even registered last night. I don't really like their set-up though.

|progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by xFORGEDx View Post
    livestrong.com
    Sign up free its pretty awesome, has about every food out there! even protien powders, counts all your calories, protien, cho,fiber,sugar,sodium, and everything.
    Same. Livestrong is awesome.
    "Just Get It Off"
    Fightin' Texas Aggie
    MFC
    RIP YGST

CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have tried a few different ones.

I liked fitday for the pie chart and ratios. The foods are off for sure though. Only good if your going to manually enter all foods.

Dailyburn was good but didn't have all the information i wanted.

Now I use Fatsecret

Fatsecret IMO is a great site. Has almost every food i type in. Easy to add food. Also has a BB app! Try it out!
    That that don't kill me.. can only make me stronger..

VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CFree3344 View Post
    I have tried a few different ones.

I liked fitday for the pie chart and ratios. The foods are off for sure though. Only good if your going to manually enter all foods.

Dailyburn was good but didn't have all the information i wanted.

Now I use Fatsecret

Fatsecret IMO is a great site. Has almost every food i type in. Easy to add food. Also has a BB app! Try it out!
    loads of unaccurate food due to asshat users making it up and adding to databases. I used to like but recently I have been questioning alot of its data
    Reps for life: Iccyman001, Janky
    ---
    --

CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by VendettaV2b View Post
    loads of unaccurate food due to asshat users making it up and adding to databases. I used to like but recently I have been questioning alot of its data
    What do you use now?
    That that don't kill me.. can only make me stronger..

VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CFree3344 View Post
    What do you use now?
    Believe it or not I spent ages looking but went back to fatsecret. Tail between my legs head down I went back. I decide mainly becuase I can use it on my G1 and add my own foods im just going to start building my own database inside of fat secret but not share the ones I put in so im not spamming the database
    Reps for life: Iccyman001, Janky
    ---
    --

teenylbc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    fatsecret.com is amazing,
    i thought fitday was pretty good until i started using it, they have alot more food, and tons of charts, the only thing i dont like is
    the inability to ajust your rdi lower then what they feel is healthy

bri87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I actually use plain old pen and paper used with nutritiondata.com and fitday.com I enter all my foods into fitday and use their tools for easier addition, and subtraction of quantity. Pen and paper to write out and plan each meal for the day, and nutritiondata.com for any food that I'm not sure of the value.

ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pumped4life82 View Post
    Why isn't thedailyplate up there? That one kick ass IMO (way better than fitday)...
    It's what I use. Sure does help!

pandamonium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about calculating

Hi, I'm new to this and have started tracking my food intake: when I search for chicken thighs, though, it gives me measurements for a unit, an ounce, etc. I'm not sure how to calculate my the thigh sitting in my fridge: it weighs 219 grams, with bone and skin. After I cook and weigh it, what do I compare it to? The number of ounces? Does it take bone into consideration? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Research Associate adoboandryce's Avatar
    adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ChrisBK View Post
    It's what I use. Sure does help!
    the daily plate was picked up by livestrong. they're the same website now. i use livestrong/thedailyplate too.

feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500)
    I use livestrong.com. I found this website really helpful to count my calories, protein, fat and carbs intake. It's free too and there is an iphone/ipod touch app. It will also do exercise input too.

Buck1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to have a print out of nutritional value of a variety of different foods. Mainly featuring the things I enjoyed. I have no idea where I got this from. Does anyone know where I can find this Info at in a format I can print out. I dont like to get on the web all the Time.

mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Does anyone use these on their cell phone? I use TheDailyPlate.com, and tried to check my profile last night, but I have to sign up and pay for their "Gold" membership to use the mobile site.

Anybody know if you can use any of these completely free on your phone?
    May 2004 - 225 lbs.
    May 2010 - 145 lbs.

Live and breathe Mizzou and St. Louis sports!

Completed logs/reviews on: Controlled Labs White Pump, White Flood Reborn, PROnom23, White Flood, & Sample Pack, MuscleTech Phase 8, Anabolic Halo, Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite & Amino Build, Gaspari Nutrition GlycoFuse & AminoLast, Scivation Xtend & Novem

supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any apps?

skandlus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skandlus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skandlus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skandlus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skandlus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skandlus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skandlus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skandlus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skandlus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skandlus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skandlus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I need a blackberry app for this... mynetdiary.com has a free one but its very inaccurate unless you happen to off the wall brands... anyone have a good app for the BB curve?

Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I prefer nutrihand.com to fitday.com...
    "It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others"

jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face

Read through both pages of this post, and still unsure which to use.

I have used Fitday a year ago. I liked the charts and stuff, but the info was always off somehow, and I ended up manually inserting info for just about anything I ate. That was a bit annoying. And this is when I was living in America.

Now, I'm back in Asia, and I must rely on whatever nutritional data they put on food here (which is very sparse). At most, they put total calories, protein, and fat content. But then I eat less processed foods here than I did back home. On top of that, I don't know what's in a lot of the food here cuz my Japanese ability is poor. They do have McDonalds here, but I try to avoid fast food if I can cuz it's not particularly tasty. Other than that, most brands would be unknown to the Western World (many here are familiar to me as I lived in Korea prior to here).

Anyway, I'll probably be doing most of my input through my iPhone, so I'm looking for something that works well with that rather than using my computer at home.

BTW, WAFFLES RULE!!!...but I can't find them here.
    Starting Strength workout journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124119971

Fearghas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fearghas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fearghas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fearghas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fearghas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fearghas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fearghas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fearghas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fearghas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fearghas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just wanted to add FatSecret... kicks FitDay's ass AND has saveable meals, absolutely every possible food listed and uploaded by users or yourself, has an App for Android users (CalorieCounter, search it in the Market) and easy, fast layout. No signup restrictions, 100% free and doesn't push anything on you. Way better than FitDay, seriously.

ready_to_learn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ready_to_learn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ready_to_learn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ready_to_learn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ready_to_learn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ready_to_learn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ready_to_learn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ready_to_learn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ready_to_learn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ready_to_learn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ready_to_learn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just use an excel spreadsheet with added forumlas
    I doesn't save daily, but it is really easy to use when you know the calorie counts of your food, and it requires no login, no uploading of information, and it is quick and simply

If anyone wants a copy of it just hit me up and I can email it to you

Violettraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Loseit.com is a great site too......

jojimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since I manually type in most of my food anyway I just use FitDay. I also like the fact that I can use it offline at home and don't have to log in or anything. If you rely on the food in the Database though the values are off on quite a bit. Occasionally I will use something in the Database if I happen to eat out and don't know the Nutritional Value of what I'm eating, in that case I just pick the one with the most calories so I always overestimate.

lilrach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all your insight Emma. But which one is the best for tracking food as well as exercise so you can see the overall report and breakdown of the day???
    Which one do you use?

Many thanks.

harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ugh...too many choices...

lilrach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by harharhar View Post
    Ugh...too many choices...

Any suggestions?

danjav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danjav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danjav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danjav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danjav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For iPhone users!!

I recommend "tap and track" I think it is, it's great gives u macro ratio, let's u set limits on carb and fat intake and can add ur own foods, I used to use the daily plate/livestrong app but that is crap in comparision lol

-Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used dailyplate/livestrong for the longest time - worked really well for me. I liked how it grouped what you ate for breakfast, lunch, dinner etc. I switched to fitday and found it the easiest to use, but had to enter most of my own foods. I think I may switch for dailyburn based on this thread.

I still like the good ol' pen and paper too.

harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lilrach View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Lol that's what I was hoping for!

I've been trying out each website for a little while, trying to get a feel for which fits me best. I'll post an update when I have a better idea to help out others in my position.

Emma, very helpful info in this thread and all over the nutrition forum from what I've seen.

If you wouldn't mind sharing:

which website do you personally use and why?