Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

You're doing it wrong!

Alright so I made a commitment to myself to get down to under 200lbs and into the ever elusive 100's by the new year. I found BB.com last December, joined in January for a challenge in the fat loss forums and I've just been lurking, reading and learning ever since. Since then I've lost ~50lbs with about another 20-30lbs to lose.
    Hopefully this log will keep me accountable.

Goals:
    3 Months
    3 Holidays
    ~18lbs
    1.5lbs/week

My diet:

I follow a really loose diet... Well to be honest I don't really have a "diet". I eat whatever I want/whatever is available. Obviously protein takes the most precedence in my diet but I don't have a macro split, I don't count(write down) calories (I keep a mental count), don't eat 6 times a day, I just live life and am mindful about what I eat. I follow a modified Intermittent Fasting protocol where I don't eat for ~16 hours then have an 8hr "eating window".

Oh and I'm in college so I drink like a fish.

Excercise:
    3-4 day split
    Chest/Tri's (sometimes shoulders)
    Back/Bi's
    Legs
    (sometimes shoulders)

I just make sure I bench, dead, and squat each week and throw in 2-3 additional exercises on top of those then Bi's/Tri's get another 2-3sets for good measure. Again, no routine I just go by feel. I warm up with 10-15mins of jump rope and no other cardio (o noes!)

Philosophy:
    I don't believe that 90% of the restrictions written on the forums when it comes to diet/cardio are necessary, especially if you're not a pro bodybuilder or make a living off your body.
    I don't like micromanaging my diet because I have better, more important things to do.
    I don't like running/biking/elliptical-ing in place for an extended period of time.

I don't try to discredit other peoples approaches I just try to do whatever is most convenient for me and if that involves downing a box of Reeses Puffs then so be it

Sub if:
    You think all my muscles will fall off. (I'll let you say, "I told you so!")
    Or
    You wanna see me get shredded like wheat.

Stay tuned and find out
    Last edited by iDrive; 09-30-2009 at 09:05 PM.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I guess today will be Day 1

Workout: Back/Bi's

Pull-ups
    BB Rows: 3x190
    Close Grip Rows: 3x110
    Underhand Pulldowns: 4x110
    Lat Pushdowns:4x40
    Barbell Curls:4x55
    Cable Curls: 3x40

Gym was especially crowded today so I just did whatever was actually open and GTFO

Food:
    Tuna melts, Reeces Puffs, Protein Shake, Peanut Butter

I need to go grocery shopping lol
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha, in!
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    Haha, in!
    Strong endorsement

...now I'm gunna have to go hire a professional photographer to compete with your pics..

..and also import Austrian food lol
    You don't start there.

webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000)
    subbed !

I can see you with abs like his..lol wooooo!
    Goals:
    ST:300
    LT:200

High:335

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iDrive View Post
    Strong endorsement

...now I'm gunna have to go hire a professional photographer to compete with your pics..

..and also import Austrian food lol
    Haha, I read about it in the morning and wanted to be sure to be in on page one.

To everyone reading this log: iDrive is one of the best posters on this forum, check his contributions in the fat loss for noobs sticky. I predict an iRipped, an iSliced, no, an iShredded to come out of this thread!
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

freedevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freedevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freedevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freedevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freedevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freedevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freedevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freedevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freedevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freedevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freedevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In and Subbed!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    01/01/2009 - 196.4
    01/01/2010 - 166
    01/26/2010 - 169.4
    03/31/2010 - 158
    05/25/2010 - 156.4
    06/23/2010 - 158.8

Total - 40 lbs
    Goal - 150 lbs
    ------------------------------------------------------------

**Traditional Wet Shaving Crew**

Originally Posted by webgodess View Post
    subbed !

I can see you with abs like his..lol wooooo!
    That's my goal for next summer... find some way to steal wave's abs and paste them onto my body

Haha, I read about it in the morning and wanted to be sure to be in on page one.

To everyone reading this log: iDrive is one of the best posters on this forum, check his contributions in the fat loss for noobs sticky. I predict an iRipped, an iSliced, no, an iShredded to come out of this thread!
    haha thanks for the support!

Originally Posted by freedevil View Post
    In and Subbed!
    Great to have you aboard!

About to go attempt Legs. Kinda worried since I tweaked my lower back on Monday when I slipped playing frisbee but I think once I get loose I'll be fine.
    You don't start there.

Ended up passing out doing homework and didn't get to post yesterday

Thu 10/1

Workout: Legs

Box Jumps
    Squats: 3 x 225
    RDL: 3 x 135
    Leg Press & Straight Calf Press: 3 x 450
    Single Leg Extentions: 4 x 70
    Single Leg Curls: 4x 50
    Seated Calf Press: 3 x 90

My lower back has been bothering me all week but hasn't affected me when lifting so far after I get warmed up. My legs just weren't under me yesterday so I wasn't moving as much weight as usual. I just compensated with more sets. Just posted working sets.

Food:

Lunch: Reuben Sandwhich
    Pre-WO:Coffee
    PWO-: Whey
    Dinner: Egg Salad Sandwiches, Reeses Puffs

Egg Salad + Honey Wheat Bread + Franks Red Hot = Magic
    You don't start there.

wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Checked out your progress pics, amazing progress to date... hell subbed
    Live wrong and prosper.

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wabeer1 View Post
    In, because I know you are going to tear it up.

I really like your thoughts overall. A few differences but they are personally preferences (I love running, biking, etc, for long periods of time).

Strongly agree on not micro managing your nutrition. I am mindful of what I eat and have a fairly good idea of calories for what I eat, plus I am still seeing progress so why bother.

I am curious. Do you think the heavy drinking has, or will, prohibit your efforts or do you take into account the calories and try to consume less to adjust for them?

good luck man, looking forward to seeing what you can achieve!
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

Thanks! I wish I had pics from 2 years ago before I started lifting, it was baaad.

Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    In, because I know you are going to tear it up.

I really like your thoughts overall. A few differences but they are personally preferences (I love running, biking, etc, for long periods of time).
    Yeah, 2008 was all about cardio for me. Every day I'd get on the treadmill or bike or elliptical and just go before and after my workouts. I burnt out and @ 275-280lbs that's NOT fun. I don't have a problem running around for sports like basketball, football, frisbee, etc. but treadmills are so discouraging to me.

Strongly agree on not micro managing your nutrition. I am mindful of what I eat and have a fairly good idea of calories for what I eat, plus I am still seeing progress so why bother.
    I've always known that I needed to lose weight and thought that "eating sensibly" would get me there except I didn't have a frame of reference for "sensibly" until I started counting calories (ironic much?) but after I learned what calories looked like I don't really need to count and I can just eyeball it.

I am curious. Do you think the heavy drinking has, or will, prohibit your efforts or do you take into account the calories and try to consume less to adjust for them?

good luck man, looking forward to seeing what you can achieve!
    Well I've made it down 50lbs without limiting my going out/drinking. I started off the year trying to track how many calories I was taking in when I was drinking and accounting for it though intake but then I decided it wasn't worth it to be worrying about that (back to the whole micromanage thing)

In reality the most I go out in a week is twice (fri/sat) and besides the hangover or the binge eating after a night out I don't seem to notice any adverse effects. If I cut it out I might have lost 2lbs/week instead of just 1lb but I'll take the bad with the good.
    *Also my tolerance has gone way down after the weight loss so I don't need a case of beer to get drunk anymore lol

I think I might have to start adding in some cardio to get to the 1.5lbs/wk I need if I keep going out.

Edit: I meant to include this in my last post w/ legs

I didn't train calves for the longest time because I could never really "feel" it. Then I read this article by Lyle McDonald and my calves get blasted on leg days now. In case anyone was feeling the same way
    Last edited by iDrive; 10-02-2009 at 09:44 AM.
    You don't start there.

Friday 10/2

Workout:
    Rest

Food:
    Pizza
    Bratwurst
    Beer

Went to a local brewery for Octoberfest after work so lots of beer was consumed
    You don't start there.

Friday 10/2

Workout:
    Rest

Food:
    Pizza
    Bratwurst
    Beer

Went to a local brewery for Octoberfest after work so lots of beer was consumed
    Hahaha, sounds so awesome!

And you bastid didn't take pics!

Hahaha, sounds so awesome!

And you bastid didn't take pics!
    lol yeah I had a bratwurst in one hand and a beer in the other.
    You don't start there.

Saturday 10/3

Food:
    Medium Dominos Bacon Pizza
    Beer/Drinks
    1/2 Cheeseburger sub

I was doing homework all day and I still haven't gone food shopping so I ordered a pizza then went out for drinks later and topped it off with a cheeseburger sub.

Workout:
    Rest

I was going to hit the gym but I had too much work to do
    You don't start there.

Saturday 10/3

Food:
    Beer/Drinks
    1/2 Cheeseburger sub

I was doing homework all day and I still haven't gone food shopping so I ordered a pizza then went out for drinks later and topped it off with a cheeseburger sub.

Workout:
    Rest

I was going to hit the gym but I had too much work to do
    Damn, you're worse than me!

Damn, you're worse than me!
    haha yeeaaah... it was the perfect storm this weekend that just kept blowing the junk food my way lol No groceries + No time + Drinking + Late Night = Bad News

I kinda compensated today because I was at the library all day and didn't get to eat til just now.

Workout:
    Rest

Food:
    Beef Jerky
    Egg Salad Sandwiches

Library all day, actually still doing homework...or should be. I can't wait to get back to the gym tomorrow.
    You don't start there.

wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    LMAO on you weekend 'treats' ... the bacon pizza sounded extra nice

Looks like back into the swing of things today, egg salad sandwich - safe choice and training compatible!!
    Live wrong and prosper.

LMAO on you weekend 'treats' ... the bacon pizza sounded extra nice

Looks like back into the swing of things today, egg salad sandwich - safe choice and training compatible!!
    Haha the pizza actually wasn't that bad calorie wise it's only ~1600 calories.
    You don't start there.

Workout: Chest/Shoulders
    BB Bench: 3 x 205
    Pushups
    DB Press: 3 x 50
    Pushups
    Machine Chest Flys: 3 x 120
    Arnold Press: 3 x 30
    Seated BB Press: 3 x 20

I never got into a groove and this was by far one of the worst workouts I've had in recent memory. Can't explain it. I didn't have any power in Bench so I tried to go for more volume by adding pushups.
    Tried doing Shoulders but felt too fatigued from chest.
    Didn't even attempt Tri's.

Very frustrated.

Food:
    Coffee
    Protein Shake w/ Milk
    Tuna Rice w/ Eggs

I took a pic. Poor lighting though
    You don't start there.

Workout: Back

Deadlifts: 3x 315lbs *PR*
    1-Arm Rows: 8x75lbs
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns: 10x150lbs
    Lat Pushdowns: 8x50lbs
    Shrugs: 12x140lbs

Excited to get 315 on DL today. I could've had more but the gym has the crappy hexagonal plates and my grip was giving out on #3 so I stopped.
    Wanted to focus on just back today after a sh!t day yesterday. Short training because I'm getting groceries delivered finally

Food:

Lunch:Chicken Gyro, Spinach pie
    PWO: Dr. Pepper, Protein Shake
    Dinner:Leftover Tuna Rice w/ Eggs

Lunch was awesome
    Don't know why but after the gym I was craving a Dr. Pepper so instead of making my shake w/ milk I'm going to use water and enjoy the Dr. Pepper

Pic Of Lunch.
    You don't start there.

Oh, you get your groceries "delivered", have your people do it?

Oh, you get your groceries "delivered", have your people do it?
    Yeah, it's easier and cheaper than getting a cab to take me to the nearest supermarket and back.

U mad brah?
    You don't start there.

congrats on the pr on deadlifts!
    Live wrong and prosper.

congrats on the pr on deadlifts!
    Thank you! It felt great!
    You don't start there.

Workout: Legs

Squats: 10 x 225
    Leg Press: 12 x 450
    Straight Calves: 10 x 270
    Single Leg Squat: 7 x 70
    Seated Calves: 12 x 135
    Box Jumps: 45

Felt exhausted from deads still. Wasn't moving much weight but I focused more quality reps/sets.

Food:
    Protein Shake
    Homemade Chili & Crackers, Milk

Edit: Yogurt w/ Kashi Go Lean Crunch

I meant to take a pic but I inhaled it lol

Edit: Got hungry so I had some cereal w/ yogurt. Love Kashi.
    Last edited by iDrive; 10-07-2009 at 09:37 PM.
    You don't start there.

webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000) webgodess is just really nice. (+1000)
    Saturday 10/3

Food:
    Beer/Drinks
    1/2 Cheeseburger sub

Ugh no fair! I'd kill for even a slice of pizza. Right now having a dam muffin feels like a cheat.

So you need 19 more lbs to get to 200 and I need 19 more lbs to get to 210 which is the all important "100 lbs lost" mark. We are so close it's painful. Let's not be talking about this again in 2010?!?!? I want it off now
    Goals:
    ST:300
    LT:200

High:335

Originally Posted by webgodess View Post
    Ugh no fair! I'd kill for even a slice of pizza. Right now having a dam muffin feels like a cheat.

So you need 19 more lbs to get to 200 and I need 19 more lbs to get to 210 which is the all important "100 lbs lost" mark. We are so close it's painful. Let's not be talking about this again in 2010?!?!? I want it off now
    You can certainly have a piece of pizza (actually may be better than a muffin lol) and that's kinda the reason I started this log to show people that if you're going to be in this for the long haul then it should be enjoyed... responsibly.

Admittedly the Bacon pizza, copious amounts of beer and cheeseburger sub was a hell of a day.. it'll balance out because I barely ate the next 2 days (oh noes my muscles fell off!)

I know you want it off yesterday but IMO it's easier to embrace it and roll with it than to attack it and stress about it. You've come a very long way and have gone through one hell of a transformation so far... I mean look @ those guns!
    You don't start there.

BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ha man your a funny guy
    I see your doing IF as well sweet. Im with ya on the whole diet thing. As long as you get your protein and eat 500kcal below there ant an issue.

O and subbed!
    My cutting log:
    -----------------------------------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=513460853#post513460853