Relevant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

any good genetics? bulk or cut? bf%?

hello guys, first time post (trying not to be a lurker anymore) ive been using this site as my go to source for information. ive been trying diets with varying success, but now ive been lifting as hard as i can 3 days a week for the last month in a small middle school gym (where i work) i just weighed myself im at 199lbs. my main questions are in the title.

my "bulking" diet:
    7am - 2scoops 100% on protein shake an oatmeal /w brown sugar an apple
    10am - banana 10 to 20 almonds unsalted
    12:05pm - either 8oz chicken or roast beef sandwich whole wheat 10+ almonds
    3pm - banana 10 almonds
    *****workout days****3:30pm pre-workout supp (sp250 3 scoops)
    *****4:15 - workout****
    6pm - 2 scoops 100% on protein shake
    7pm - generally some kind of meat or pasta

workout:
    TUES:
    incline bench 4x8
    cable flys 4x8
    db flat bench 3x8

tri (bar) pulldown 4x8
    tri rope pulldown 3x8
    tri kickback 3x10

bent over rows 3x8
    cable rows 3x10

THURS:
    Hammer curls 4x8
    cable curls 3x8
    ez bar curls (if i can handle it that day) 3x8

leg press 3x12

SAT (sometimes Sunday)
    i generally repeat Tuesday

ihave tried to do deadlifts but i feel like my form isnt good so im working on it and scared to do squats cause im always alone and dont have a squat rack?

i know my workout is out of wack so maybe i could get some tips there too

sorry for rambling but i figure id give you enough info to give advice on and some pics with bad lighting to help as well if i got good genetics at all. thanks in advance
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Relevant; 09-25-2009 at 09:56 PM.

bumbity bump

klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You've got a stocky build.
    You should probably lose the love handles by doing some HIIT. What cardio do you do?

Why do you have a shake at 6pm and then dinner at 7pm?

Your program looks weird too, do you go to a gym or workout from home? Go to a gym and ask an instructor to show you how to squat and deadlift with proper form. You spend a lot of time doing triceps/biceps. Maybe instead of doing isolation exercises you could incorporate compound exercises e.g. pullups
    To train like a horse you must eat like one!

Angry

Originally Posted by klen View Post
    You've got a stocky build.
    You should probably lose the love handles by doing some HIIT. What cardio do you do?

Why do you have a shake at 6pm and then dinner at 7pm?

Your program looks weird too, do you go to a gym or workout from home? Go to a gym and ask an instructor to show you how to squat and deadlift with proper form. You spend a lot of time doing triceps/biceps. Maybe instead of doing isolation exercises you could incorporate compound exercises e.g. pullups
    i work out in a middle school gym with limited equip and cant afford a membership to a large one. i havent done cardio in a while just because i was trying to put on some more muscle before cutting down. sadly i weigh too much to do alot of pullups, and the protein shake at 6 is because i have a hard time getting enough protein during the day so i just try to make it up wherever i can (im generally really hungery after a workout) im not sure about stocky the pics dont do full justice but i am carrying a bit of weight on my sides. i also have stretch marks on my hips from getting pretty big out of high school i wonder if they will ever go away =(

engann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i suggest u should do a 'mini' cut at this stage as from your pix posted u seem to carry quite abit of bodyfats. its up to ya but generally you can still do a clean bulk when u'r done with your cut, in which case you will be able to monitor better progress.
    hence, my personal suggestion, cardio 3xtimes throughout a week, days when ya dont cardio ya lift weights to maintain/gain strength while shedding off fats.

u dont need fancy big machines to run your cardio, jogging in the mornin prior to work or skippin at home will do just good.

wat ya think ?

Originally Posted by engann View Post
    i suggest u should do a 'mini' cut at this stage as from your pix posted u seem to carry quite abit of bodyfats. its up to ya but generally you can still do a clean bulk when u'r done with your cut, in which case you will be able to monitor better progress.
    hence, my personal suggestion, cardio 3xtimes throughout a week, days when ya dont cardio ya lift weights to maintain/gain strength while shedding off fats.

u dont need fancy big machines to run your cardio, jogging in the mornin prior to work or skippin at home will do just good.

wat ya think ?
    ya i could do cardio. the only thing is i would have to do LISS because i have 2 metal screws in my left ankle from a rock climing fall =(. what should i do to my diet and how would my routine change? im not expecting anyone to make up a routine or a diet plan these are just thoughts that cross my mind when considering this. thanks for the input engann. anyone else (shameless plug for oppinions lol)

engann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can do light cardio perhaps in that case, powerwalking or brisk walk would do just fine,instead of HIIT try doing for like a couple of miles of brisk walking (keeping up with the intensity and consistency while walking) you will see results as well.

as for diet, it would be best to substitute ya protein shakes @6pm with solid/complete protein source like poultry/fish/milk.
    try avoiding food high in sodium/simple carbs and opt for complex carbs.
    preparing your meals beforehand i.e a during weekends while not wrking and bring those food u've made to work, sounds great?
    you can always make ya own protein bar with jus oats,whey,almonds,PB...

jhokie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    About 30% bodyfat.

I'd suggest you cut to at least 170lb. If you continue bulking now you're going to gain ALOT of weight to burn off if you ever want to be cut.

At your current approximate lean body mass you would need to weigh 153 lbs to have 10% body fat.

What is your body fat goal?

ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jhokie View Post
    About 30% bodyfat.

I'd suggest you cut to at least 170lb. If you continue bulking now you're going to gain ALOT of weight to burn off if you ever want to be cut.

At your current approximate lean body mass you would need to weigh 153 lbs to have 10% body fat.

What is your body fat goal?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    this, You've got a normal build. we're the same height and im 10 lb's heavier. You look like me but with 10 lbs less of fat.

However if I were you I might drop to 165ish.

KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think you should cut.
    Micronized Creatine
    Elite Whey
    Orange Triad
    Jack3d
    Fishoils

Keeps me healthy =D

-squishy- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -squishy- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -squishy- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -squishy- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -squishy- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -squishy- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -squishy- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -squishy- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -squishy- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -squishy- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -squishy- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    cut, and lift heavy while your doing it. really build up that chest....im in the process of doing the same thing but about to go on a heavy bulk

Mc.fatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mc.fatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mc.fatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mc.fatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mc.fatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mc.fatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mc.fatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mc.fatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mc.fatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mc.fatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mc.fatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea just cut about 20 pounds then bulk
    meh.

Originally Posted by Mc.fatty View Post
    yea just cut about 20 pounds then bulk
    thanks for all the help i think ill start doing a keto diet but ill prolly do a little more research just to find the right plan for me

McMackin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think hes 30%. Thats ALOT of body fat. But i agree definately cut.