Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000)

How long does it take to burn off fat?

Hey guys, I have a body fat of 17% and I recently started to exercise everyday. I run on the treadmill for 20 mins, and I eat about 4 times a day (I eat eggs in the morning, tuna/chicken breast at lunch, protein shake after exercising, dinner, and a small meal a couple hours after dinner) It's currently been 1 week and I haven't seen any results at all, my stomach still sticks out, and my weight hasn't gone up or down. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm 14, I'm 158 lbs. My waist is 33.5'', and I'm 5'7 if that matters
    Last edited by Davidn28; 09-24-2009 at 07:51 PM.

LargeSmallGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LargeSmallGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LargeSmallGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just eat healthy, take in less calories then your body consumes each day. (Body uses 2000 Cal per day only eat like 1500 - 1800) Then just simply do cardio for extended peroids of time. The fat will fall off, just remember to work out to ensure you don't lose any muscle mass.
    I only want to get... BIGGER, STRONG, AND FASTER.

Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000) Davidn28 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LargeSmallGuy View Post
    Just eat healthy, take in less calories then your body consumes each day. (Body uses 2000 Cal per day only eat like 1500 - 1800) Then just simply do cardio for extended peroids of time. The fat will fall off, just remember to work out to ensure you don't lose any muscle mass.
    Thanks, and do you know how long on average it takes to shed off the pot belly? I sort of have one right now. And I do work out after running, but I feel sore for half an hour after I leave the gym center, and after half an hour, the soreness goes away. Is that bad? because I heard you should be really sore after all your workouts

Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000)
    [QUOTE=Davidn28;389172481]Hey guys, I have a body fat of 17% and I recently started to exercise everyday. I run on the treadmill for 20 mins, and I eat about 4 times a day (I eat eggs in the morning, tuna/chicken breast at lunch, protein shake after exercising, dinner, and a small meal a couple hours after dinner) It's currently been 1 week and I haven't seen any results at all, my stomach still sticks out, and my weight hasn't gone up or down. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm 14, I'm 158 lbs. My waist is 33.5'', and I'm 5'7 if that matters[/QUOTE

Hey bro, im 14 as well, though im 94kg and 5'8 waist is 34. Try eating more, your not eating anything man! Your bodys gonna go into a starvation mode! Eat over or around 2000 calories a day. Keep doing cardio, but you should weightlight too. Also, don't cut, ive just learned its not good for us or the best choice. Bulk (each 2500 to 3000 calories of clean foods) and just weight lift like crazy, do a little low intensity cardio to mid intensty. see how it works out, itll be great. Eat more, your losing water weight now, ull see changes in no time. Just stay away from Junk and Candy!
    I'm a bitch.

Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000) Prodigy94 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bro! By his food listings, hes eating under 1000 calories a day, if that!
    I'm a bitch.

Gt3x24x7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gt3x24x7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gt3x24x7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gt3x24x7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gt3x24x7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gt3x24x7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gt3x24x7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gt3x24x7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gt3x24x7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gt3x24x7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gt3x24x7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How ever much your dedicated to it.

[QUOTE=Prodigy94;389176401]
    Originally Posted by Davidn28 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a body fat of 17% and I recently started to exercise everyday. I run on the treadmill for 20 mins, and I eat about 4 times a day (I eat eggs in the morning, tuna/chicken breast at lunch, protein shake after exercising, dinner, and a small meal a couple hours after dinner) It's currently been 1 week and I haven't seen any results at all, my stomach still sticks out, and my weight hasn't gone up or down. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm 14, I'm 158 lbs. My waist is 33.5'', and I'm 5'7 if that matters[/QUOTE

Hey bro, im 14 as well, though im 94kg and 5'8 waist is 34. Try eating more, your not eating anything man! Your bodys gonna go into a starvation mode! Eat over or around 2000 calories a day. Keep doing cardio, but you should weightlight too. Also, don't cut, ive just learned its not good for us or the best choice. Bulk (each 2500 to 3000 calories of clean foods) and just weight lift like crazy, do a little low intensity cardio to mid intensty. see how it works out, itll be great. Eat more, your losing water weight now, ull see changes in no time. Just stay away from Junk and Candy!
    Sorry I'm new to weightlifting terms, and how to eat, so do you know how I can keep a good track of calories I eat? and is it bad to drink alot of water while at the gym?

Oh I see, I guess I'm eating not that much then, are there any good foods that gives more calories then?

LargeSmallGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LargeSmallGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LargeSmallGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm sure he just exagerating how little he's eating. People tend to do that when they're trying to describe things. It's an assumption though so sorry if i angry you. Not too mention if he was eating less then 1000 calories a day AND doing cardio AND working out, the fat would be melting away. So the only assumption i can make is he's eating "too much" if that makes any sense whats so ever.

"I eat eggs in the morning, tuna/chicken breast at lunch, protein shake after exercising, dinner, and a small meal a couple hours after dinner"

Thats about 2000... an egg is about 90 calories each so thats like 180 eggs plus like I'd assume another 100 for juice, that 280. Chicken breats range from about 350 - 500 cal, same with tuna preferably less, although with mayo about the same. Leaving us at roughly 1200 cal, excluding drinks. Protein shake mabye 120cal. Dinner should be roughly 1000cal. thats like 2400 and another small meal is preferably 300 -500 cal, leaving us at roughly 3000cal, excluding drinks again. Again these numbers are based on my experiance, not yours so don't assume I'm 100% correct.
    Last edited by LargeSmallGuy; 09-24-2009 at 08:08 PM.
    I only want to get... BIGGER, STRONG, AND FASTER.

I'm sure he just exagerating how little he's eating. People tend to do that when they're trying to describe things. It's an assumption though so sorry if i angry you. Not too mention if he was eating less then 1000 calories a day AND doing cardio AND working out, the fat would be melting away. So the only assumption i can make is he's eating "too much" if that makes any sense whats so ever.
    I guess I might be eating around only 1000 calories, but I'm sort of worried that I'm not seeing any progress over a full week for training and exersicing. Is this normal? I know it depends on genes and stuff, but from your personal experience or someone you know (If you or a friend burned fat in the past) how long did it take you/them to get under 10% body fat?

RollTide99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollTide99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollTide99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollTide99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollTide99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollTide99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollTide99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollTide99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollTide99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollTide99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollTide99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

hmm

Thanks, and do you know how long on average it takes to shed off the pot belly? I sort of have one right now. And I do work out after running, but I feel sore for half an hour after I leave the gym center, and after half an hour, the soreness goes away. Is that bad? because I heard you should be really sore after all your workouts
    id workout first, take a short break, then run, but thats me.. i cannot workout after running

MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    did you ever think that your body is changing from fat to muscle slowly? if your doing everything you say which sounds really good. give it time (edit) it has been one week you think your gonna just transform over night? lol keep it the good work man

ooji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thats right people go on low calories diet their bodies reset itself to burn fewer calories and lose fat slower
    don't be cheated with the big lose in the first weeks as most of it are muscels
    my advice to you is to find agood personal trainer if you hane money
    if you dont have mony begin to read losing fat articles in this site tell you can ,ake your cutting program suitable to you life and durimg thid time you should stop eating fried and junk food and doind cardio gore from 20 to 30 min after weight liftinhg you will lose some fat

MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ooji View Post
    thats right people go on low calories diet their bodies reset itself to burn fewer calories and lose fat slower
    don't be cheated with the big lose in the first weeks as most of it are muscels
    my advice to you is to find agood personal trainer if you hane money
    if you dont have mony begin to read losing fat articles in this site tell you can ,ake your cutting program suitable to you life and durimg thid time you should stop eating fried and junk food and doind cardio gore from 20 to 30 min after weight liftinhg you will lose some fat

he doesnt need a trainer he needs to give it time lets keep it simple

Originally Posted by MuscleMission View Post
    did you ever think that your body is changing from fat to muscle slowly? if your doing everything you say which sounds really good. give it time
    Oh alright, I'm a newbie at this stuff, just a question, when I'm running, and burning fat, does fat burn all over my body? Like will my potbelly burn and (Hopefully LOL) turn flat or a 6 pack?

Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    my advice, start having more than 4 meals, make it 5-6,

a sample could look like this:

breakfast - 1/2 cup of scrambled egg whites, 1 whole egg, all scrambled, and a bowl of oatmeal, or high fiber cereal
    snack - protein bar, or protein shake, or a handful of nuts with a piece of fruit
    lunch - maybe a whole wheat sandwhich/pita wrap, with turkey/fish/lean ham, etc... and lots of leafty greens with a piece of fruit or something, or a glass of milk
    snack - protein bar, or protein shake, or a handful of nuts with a piece of fruit
    dinner - grirlled chicken breast/grilled fish/lean beef with brown rice and veggies or salad
    snack - protein shake or something, try to keep it small and high in protein

experiment and find out what works for you

ALSO make sure ALL your meals have protein in them. As well in order to drop body fat most people will advice you to diet down, aka, create a caloric deficit, my advice, is just eat normally, till you are satisfied, BUT MAKE SURE YOU EAT CLEAN AND HEALTHY and DONT overeat and get stuffed. Its better to burn fat through exercise than to starve your body through diet. besides you are still young, shouldn't have to diet or count calories, its something becomes hectic after a while. besides all caloric deficits are good for, I find, is for messing up metabolisms and throwing bodies into starvation mode. my theory is that only lazy people diet because they dont want to create a bigger deficit through a bit more exercise. exercise is the SINGLE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY to burn fat and build lean muscle, which is essential for keeping a high metabolism and turning your body into a constant fat burning machine.

Also I really advice you to step up the cardio, seeing as cardio is EXTREMELY essential for burning fat, plus it will raise your cardiovascular health and it will greatly benefit your lifting, try to aim for AT LEAST 30 minutes of med-intensity cardio 5-7 times a week, everyday if you can. so 30-45 mins should be good. try to throw in some high intensity days of cardio for 30 mins at least once a week on a day that you arent lifting.

also i personally like to do my cardio AFTER I lift. Why? well anyone who lifts weights knows (or should know) that lifting uses energy through the anaerobic pathway, hence being fueled by glycogen supplies (carbs). A good weight lifting session will almost, if not, completely deplete your liver and muscle glycogen supplies (sugar). running, which makes use of the aerobic pathway, can use both glycogen (carbs) or fat for fuel, however the body needs oxygen to turn fat into fuel, hence the term aerobic. doing aerobic exercise in a state of really low, or completed depleted glycogen supplies forces the body to obtain energy from free fatty acids (fat) rather than glycogen (carbs/sugar), and you are looking to burn fat so it should work for you. Another thing which you should keep in mind is that the body's preferred source of energy is glycogen over fat, so thats why its essential you manipulate your body into burning fat by running after lifting.

so remember: EAT HEALTHY AND CLEAN (no junk/fried foods,sugar filled foods, etc..) , CARDIO 5-7 times a week AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...BE PATIENT, don't expect to see changes over night. you are 14, you are young, so burning fat is relatively easier since your body is still growing. Besides the slower you burn the fat, the more likely you are to keep it off in the long run and stay lean.

and no you can spot reduce fat, if you have fat in other places other than your stomach, then expect that fat to come off first. think of your body like a pool, the shallow end will always empty out first, no matter how much water you are taking out of the deep end. so if u have a chubby face, or have fat in you chest, legs, etc... expect that fat to come off first, you will lose your belly last, and once you lose it, if u start eating junk food again, then your belly will be the first place where the fat will go. 17 percent body fat isn't much, at around 14-15 percent your pot belly should start to shrink and become flat .

just run, keep lifting, eat healthy and you'll see results

oh and make sure you are getting at least 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night, rest is essential for body recovery and effective fatloss.
    Last edited by Lt_Jesus; 09-24-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000)
    anabolic diet

that is all

Originally Posted by Lt_Jesus View Post

so it would go

breakfast
    snack
    lunch
    snack
    dinner
    snack

make sure ALL your meals have protein in them. also to lose body fat most people will advice you to diet down, aka, create a caloric deficit, my advice, is just eat normally, like you always do, till you are satisfied, BUT MAKE SURE YOU EAT CLEAN AND HEALTHY. Its better to burn fat through exercise to starve your body through diet. besides you are still young, shouldnt have to diet.

Also I advice you to step up cardio, because cardio is essential for burning fat, plus it will raise your cardiovascular health and it will greatly benefit your lifting, try to aim for AT LEAST 30 minutes 5-7 times a week, everyday if you can. so 30-45 mins should be good

also i personally like to do my cardio AFTER I lift. Why? well anyone who lifts weights knows (or should know) that lifting uses energy through the anaerobic pathway, hence being fueled by glycogen supplies (carbs). running in a state of really low, or completed depleted glycogen supplies, forces the body to obtain energy from free fatty acids rather than carbs when switching to aerobic exercise.

remember tho EAT CLEAN, CARDIO and BE PATIENT, don't expect to see changes over night. you are 14, you are young, so burning fat is relatively easier since your body is still growing.
    Thanks dude! Do you know what kind of snacks I should eat? I don't really want to eat something big for a snack since I'll be in class while eating ;s
    I'm on a budget too, chicken breast is really expensive, about 30$ for like 12 breasts, but my parents buy me it sometimes
    Last edited by Davidn28; 09-24-2009 at 08:25 PM.

ooji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh alright, I'm a newbie at this stuff, just a question, when I'm running, and burning fat, does fat burn all over my body? Like will my potbelly burn and (Hopefully LOL) turn flat or a 6 pack?
    yes, but dn't forget your nutration

Originally Posted by Lt_Jesus View Post

so it would go

breakfast
    snack
    lunch
    snack
    dinner
    snack

make sure ALL your meals have protein in them. also to lose body fat most people will advice you to diet down, aka, create a caloric deficit, my advice, is just eat normally, like you always do, till you are satisfied, BUT MAKE SURE YOU EAT CLEAN AND HEALTHY. Its better to burn fat through exercise to starve your body through diet. besides you are still young, shouldnt have to diet.

Also I advice you to step up cardio, because cardio is essential for burning fat, plus it will raise your cardiovascular health and it will greatly benefit your lifting, try to aim for AT LEAST 30 minutes 5-7 times a week, everyday if you can. so 30-45 mins should be good

also i personally like to do my cardio AFTER I lift. Why? well anyone who lifts weights knows (or should know) that lifting uses energy through the anaerobic pathway, hence being fueled by glycogen supplies (carbs). running in a state of really low, or completed depleted glycogen supplies, forces the body to obtain energy from free fatty acids rather than carbs when switching to aerobic exercise.

remember tho EAT CLEAN, CARDIO and BE PATIENT, don't expect to see changes over night. you are 14, you are young, so burning fat is relatively easier since your body is still growing.
    i think you should take this program and change the cardio training every 6 weeks because your body will reset it self to burn fewer calories throuh this cardio

Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks dude! Do you know what kind of snacks I should eat? I don't really want to eat something big for a snack since I'll be in class while eating ;s
    I'm on a budget too, chicken breast is really expensive, about 30$ for like 12 breasts, but my parents buy me it sometimes
    well just buy whey protein, I know a 5 pound tub is like what over 50 bucks? but when you think about it, its actually cheaper in the longer term because where else are you going to find a meal substitute for about under 2 bucks a meal? eh eh? same with meal replacements such as myoplex, its worth the money.

and protein wise, there are many source of protein that arent expensive such as

skim milk
    whole wheat bread (whole grains)
    nuts
    legumes (lentils, beans etc..)
    canned tuna

just look around man. also with things such as beans or lentils, peanut butter, etc.. they are incomplete proteins, meaning they dont have all essential amino acids, but u can complete them by combining them with whole grains, such as combining lentils with brown rice, or all natural peanut butter with whole wheat bread, and a glass of milk. etc...

for snacks u can always try protein shakes, haha i always did that, kept my protein shake in a non transparent water bottle and drank it in class passing it off as water aha. also make you eat every 2-3 hours so u never get overly hungry and dont get those drops in blood sugar which cause you to snack and eventually binger on junk food and stuff. your just gonna have to find what works for you

also remember that six pack abs are obtained in the kitchen, exercise is only 20 percent of the equation, proper nutrition is 80 percent, and its what will be responsible for you being able to keep a flat stomach or six pack abs