shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question My diet...thoughts and opinions please!

I'm 27 years old, 241.7 lbs with 36.8% (as at today).

Trying to shed fat but at the same time wanna put on lean muscle. I currently train 3 times a week (4 weeks on, 1 week off) and my workouts change every 4 weeks).

My goals are to hit 220 lbs with less then 20% body fat by the end of the year.

I Supplement with the following;

Animal Paks - 1 per day
    PHD BCAAs - Pre & Post workout only
    Dymatize ISO 100 protein - minimum of 6 scoops a day (25g of protein per each 28g scoop)
    L-Glutamine - 3 Caps Daily (extra caps pre and post workout)
    L-Carnitine - 3 Caps Daily (extra caps pre and post workout)
    L-Arganine - 3 Caps daily (extra caps pre and post workout)

Daily diet is usually

Gym day;

Pre-Workout - 1 Scoop of protein (350ml semi skimmed milk)

Post-Workout - 2 scoops of protein with ground flaxseeds 400ml semi skimmed milk)

Breakfast - 3 whole bolied Eggs

Lunch - 1 Tin of tuna/1 Large Chicken Breast/2 Salmon Steaks with Salad

Mid Afternoon Snack - Tin of tuna/1 Large Chicken Breast/2 scoops of protein with 400ml semi skimmed milk

Dinner - Large Steak/2 Salmon Fillets/Lamb Steaks with Steamed Veg

Before Bed - 1 scoop of protein with ground flaxseeds

On non gym days as above but;

Breakfast - 3 Scrambled Eggs with 1 slice wholemeal bread toasted.

Mid Morning Snack - 2 Scoops of Protein with ground flaxseeds

Before Bed - 2scoops of protein, 1 bannana, ground flaxseeds with 300mls os semi skimmed milk.

Any pointers on where i can improve to help reach my goals?
    "Go hard or go home"

Registered User SlapNutsPoonJab's Avatar
    SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by shakatron View Post

Trying to shed fat but at the same time wanna put on lean muscle. I currently train 3 times a week (4 weeks on, 1 week off) and my workouts change every 4 weeks).

My goals are to hit 220 lbs with less then 20% body fat by the end of the year.

I Supplement with the following;

Animal Paks - 1 per day
    PHD BCAAs - Pre & Post workout only
    Dymatize ISO 100 protein - minimum of 6 scoops a day (25g of protein per each 28g scoop)
    L-Glutamine - 3 Caps Daily (extra caps pre and post workout)
    L-Carnitine - 3 Caps Daily (extra caps pre and post workout)
    L-Arganine - 3 Caps daily (extra caps pre and post workout)

Daily diet is usually

Gym day;

Pre-Workout - 1 Scoop of protein (350ml semi skimmed milk)

Post-Workout - 2 scoops of protein with ground flaxseeds 400ml semi skimmed milk)

Breakfast - 3 whole bolied Eggs

Lunch - 1 Tin of tuna/1 Large Chicken Breast/2 Salmon Steaks with Salad

Mid Afternoon Snack - Tin of tuna/1 Large Chicken Breast/2 scoops of protein with 400ml semi skimmed milk

Dinner - Large Steak/2 Salmon Fillets/Lamb Steaks with Steamed Veg

Before Bed - 1 scoop of protein with ground flaxseeds

On non gym days as above but;

Breakfast - 3 Scrambled Eggs with 1 slice wholemeal bread toasted.

Mid Morning Snack - 2 Scoops of Protein with ground flaxseeds

Before Bed - 2scoops of protein, 1 bannana, ground flaxseeds with 300mls os semi skimmed milk.

Any pointers on where i can improve to help reach my goals?

Hey bud, we have basically the same goal? I was 200 lb?s dropped down to 170 lb?s around 10-15% body fat, and am trying to bulk back up to a lean 200 lb?s.

You have a ton of protein in your diet which is good, but I noticed you have them all at the same time and that?s a ton of calories some of your meals look like they are close to 500-1000 calories each. That could be a problem if your trying to lean up!

Just a suggestion but try to spred them out a little bit more, and keep your meals under 500 calories. You may have to eat an extra meal later in the day to do that. But it will be best in the long run. Shoot for a 50% Carb 40% Protein 10% Fat diet? it will help lean you up, but still give you the Carb?s you need to be able to lift with full intensity at the gym.

This is my diet and it may work well for you aswell. It?s a little less than what your eating now, but it?s probably a little bit more well rounded. This is my off day diet, It?s about 2500 calories, with close to 225 g of protein. On my workout day?s which are mon, tues, thurs, & Friday? I just scale evering up just a hair, if I?m feeling lazy? or eat a whole meal similar to my lunch just before bed. To get me up to 3000 calories and about 275 g of protien wich is a lot of protein, almost 4 times the daily recommend allowance!

The diet works amazingly? in 2 months I dropped almost 30lbs without hitting the gym. The biggest thing is to just keep at it, and don?t skip meals =)

Morning?

5 Egg whites, and 1 whole egg scrambled?. The whites are basically pure protein with almost no fat. So I add a whole egg in there to get a little fat.

1 packet of Quaker instant oatmeal, for carb?s and fiber

1 8 oz glass of Orange Juice

Morning snack?

The exact same thing as my morning meal? with an added Celltech creatine drink thrown in, to replace the OJ.

Lunch?

6 oz, lean chicken breast

? packet of Kashi 7 whole grains rice packet thingy, it?s between 1-2 cups of whole grains. It?s similar to the uncle bens instant rice packets only these ones have slightly higher protien and no added salt.

1 small can of mix veggies.

Afternoon snack?

Exact same thing as lunch, if you get burnt out on the chicken? 4 oz of steak, or a small can of tuna can be replaced aswell.

Dinner?

Basically the same thing as lunch?

Post Workout/Late Night Snack?

Wheybolic portine shake, and a couple of bananas.

SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SlapNutsPoonJab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sorry about all the question marks. I wrote it in Microsoft Word first. And appartently exclamations, commas, ect. were switched to random question marks.

shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) shakatron is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SlapNutsPoonJab View Post
    Sorry about all the question marks. I wrote it in Microsoft Word first. And appartently exclamations, commas, ect. were switched to random question marks.
    No worries man!

Really appreciate the feedback though!

I think you may have got something wrong though, i put my daily diet (well, an average day) on fitday.com and it worked out i was consuming around 2000 - 2200 calories a day.

One thing I will look to do is add a little bit more carbs to my diat to help with my weight training.

Again, thinks for the advice.

Regards
    "Go hard or go home"

My apologies, I thought when you said Large Steak/2 Salmon Fillets/Lamb Steak? you meant in the same meal. I was actually some what confused and very impressed thinking you could eat all of that in a single sitting.

Not a problem, the carbs sound really dumb if you?re trying to drop weight I know. But I figured if that diet is good enough for Ronnie Colman or Jay Cutler when they are cutting? if I scaled it back by 2,000-3,000 calories it would work well for me too, and has so far. Now that I pulled my head out of my, well you know what? and actually understand what you were talking about.

I would highly recommend you ditch the whole eggs, or cut them back a little as well. They are between 80-100 calories each, with 7 g of protein but 7 g of fat. If you trying to lose weight, eating high fat food?s is defiantly not the way to go. If you start eating egg whites instead. They are only 15 calories each, of basically pure protein. 4 g of protein with 0.1 g of fat and 0.1 g of carb?s and very low cholesterol. Egg whites are the best source of pure protein you can get next to an Isolated Whey Protein. They defiantly don?t taste as good, as whole eggs. But a little Bacon salt and Ms. Dash imitation chess power works miracles =)

Hopefully that helps, sorry again about the confusion!!!

Wink

Originally Posted by SlapNutsPoonJab View Post
    My apologies, I thought when you said Large Steak/2 Salmon Fillets/Lamb Steak? you meant in the same meal. I was actually some what confused and very impressed thinking you could eat all of that in a single sitting.

Not a problem, the carbs sound really dumb if you?re trying to drop weight I know. But I figured if that diet is good enough for Ronnie Colman or Jay Cutler when they are cutting? if I scaled it back by 2,000-3,000 calories it would work well for me too, and has so far. Now that I pulled my head out of my, well you know what? and actually understand what you were talking about.

I would highly recommend you ditch the whole eggs, or cut them back a little as well. They are between 80-100 calories each, with 7 g of protein but 7 g of fat. If you trying to lose weight, eating high fat food?s is defiantly not the way to go. If you start eating egg whites instead. They are only 15 calories each, of basically pure protein. 4 g of protein with 0.1 g of fat and 0.1 g of carb?s and very low cholesterol. Egg whites are the best source of pure protein you can get next to an Isolated Whey Protein. They defiantly don?t taste as good, as whole eggs. But a little Bacon salt and Ms. Dash imitation chess power works miracles =)

Hopefully that helps, sorry again about the confusion!!!
    Man...i wish i could put away that much food!!

Yeah, looking into egg whites, found a uk supplier that stocks tetra paks of pasturised egg whites...hopefully this will half my fat intake but keepmy protein intake up there!!

I posted my workout on one of the groups message boards aswell (the one titled 'Post yr workouts').

Workout changing after this week...will send it too you once i have!

Send me yours and we'll swap notes!

Remember man, go hard or go home!!
    "Go hard or go home"

doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shakatron View Post
    What I want to know is if you are 36.8% bf who the hell is that in the picture?!

Originally Posted by doctapeppa View Post
    What I want to know is if you are 36.8% bf who the hell is that in the picture?!
    Ha ha ha...take a look at my progress pics! My profile pic was taken back in 2006 when I was probably about 22-25% BF!
    "Go hard or go home"