Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arrow arm wrestling injury (srs answers)

would appreciate it you read,
    i want to get back in the gym as soon as possible

my friends and i were arm wrestling at youth group, and we were going at it.
    i let him win half way due to a sudden elbow pain, 7/10 pain.

to make a long story short i couldn't work out last week because the arm i used to wrestle with would give out early on me, and develop this long dual pain in my elbow and my wrist for the rest of the workout, 3/10 pain.

my guesses are that the tendons are sore and fatigued; it doesn't feel like a sprain or strain.

how can i strengthen my arm back?
    exercises? im taking a week off, thurs im hoping its gone.

reps for good ones
    SUBSCRIBE:
    -Journal-
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=282545651#post282545651

"True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

-Baha'u'llah

๏̯͡๏) ๏̯͡๏)ManletS UniteD๏̯͡๏) ๏̯͡๏)

pummel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pummel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pummel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pummel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pummel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pummel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pummel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pummel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pummel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pummel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pummel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey bro, I've had this several times cause I like to arm wrestle. Both times for me it's been tendonitis.

First of all, I took a week off. Then I stuck to exercises that didn't hurt the area for a week or 2, I was still able to bench etc.

Be careful with it though.
    MOD NEGGED CREW

kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah this is kind of weird I had a very similar thing happen. Was arm wrestling against my gym teacher because he was trying to get me to join the football team my senior year for running back and was trying to show me what raw strength was :P (never played football, was always fastest in school let alone the fb team, so coaches nagged me) and we ended up being stuck at the annoying 90 degree point for a while. I felt a quick jolt in my elbow, arm gave out a little, lost maybe 60 degrees. Then held my arm there for a minute or so and felt a strain go up the inside of my arm directly under the bicep. Arm went numb, gave out, wasn't able to lift anything over 20 lbs without crazy pain for a month or so. Doctor gave me some good anti-inflams (Voltaren 75mg I believe) and it helped a lot.

I just took a straight month off of everything but running and soccer. I actually kind of benefited from this injury in two ways.. it kept my left arm in perfect position while running and now it's not a problem to have a loosey goosey arm.. and my right arm is now even with my left in strength. Get some basic anti-inflams from the doctor, chances are he will just do that in a heartbeat. My mom kind of had a similar but more carpal tunnel related problem and got Lorcet Plus (Hydros) for 3 refills.. 24/bottle. And never uses them because she thinks she'll get addicted. I'd also think it's be good continue to train the rest of your body and do some light weights to find out which contractions hurt.. and some won't hurt at all. I found out after a while that I could bench even though the area of pain I was stuck with was very big and right on the triceps. Any throwing/pulling motion would kill me no matter the weight.. throwing is inevitably painful if it's in the elbow obviously =/

Good luck.. arm wrestling is serious business :P
    I'm a marathon runner, and love supplements and strength training.
    PR: 2:35:12 (Boston 09) | 5k PR: 15:42 | Mile PR: 4:14.4

bmxunknown is not very helpful. (-500) bmxunknown is not very helpful. (-500) bmxunknown is not very helpful. (-500) bmxunknown is not very helpful. (-500) bmxunknown is not very helpful. (-500) bmxunknown is not very helpful. (-500) bmxunknown is not very helpful. (-500) bmxunknown is not very helpful. (-500) bmxunknown is not very helpful. (-500) bmxunknown is not very helpful. (-500) bmxunknown is not very helpful. (-500)
    ive seen alot of people get hurt at arm wrestling. i dont think i should start doing it...

just ice it, take a week off, ibrofen. go see a doctor if it presists.

Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troy93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pummel View Post
    Hey bro, I've had this several times cause I like to arm wrestle. Both times for me it's been tendonitis.

First of all, I took a week off. Then I stuck to exercises that didn't hurt the area for a week or 2, I was still able to bench etc.

Be careful with it though.
    hey thanks, this sounds about right,
    would you know if your RC is influenced through arm wrestling?
    SUBSCRIBE:
    -Journal-
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=282545651#post282545651

"True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

-Baha'u'llah

๏̯͡๏) ๏̯͡๏)ManletS UniteD๏̯͡๏) ๏̯͡๏)