killabigk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how many times should i workout per week?

Normally i had a split routine and would do Chest-Back-Triceps on one day and Legs-shoulders-biceps and abs on another day. I was working out from mon-Sat but then i read in a lot of places that it was bad to workout so many times a week because i'm not giving my body enough rest for muscle to grow so i stopped. I'm 16, i weigh about 127 pounds. My question is how many times should i work-out a week, and what to workout each individual day?

kopimi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kopimi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kopimi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kopimi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kopimi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kopimi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kopimi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kopimi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kopimi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kopimi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kopimi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by killabigk View Post
    Normally i had a split routine and would do Chest-Back-Triceps on one day and Legs-shoulders-biceps and abs on another day. I was working out from mon-Sat but then i read in a lot of places that it was bad to workout so many times a week because i'm not giving my body enough rest for muscle to grow so i stopped. I'm 16, i weigh about 127 pounds. My question is how many times should i work-out a week, and what to workout each individual day?
    if you are working out alot , it's a good idea to do a 4 or 5 day split
    this ensures you hit everything but give each muscle enough time to recuperate (doing every second day 6 days in a row is probably too much)

try a routine like
    day 1 - chest/tris/ abs
    day 2 - legs / calves
    day 3 - shoulders / abs
    day 4 - back/ bis / calves
    day off

this is a very popular 4 day split
    if you are new to bodybuilding (and it sounds like you are) try squatting every second day or so and do alot of compound exercises (ie bench for chest, press for shoulders, suqats and DL for legs and rows for back)

with this split you can hit the gym 1 - 6 times a week, depending on your schedule and whatnot
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125350561 meal plans for 3k, 4k calories, no excuses