bigcoupe will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcoupe will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcoupe will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcoupe will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcoupe will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcoupe will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcoupe will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcoupe will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcoupe will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcoupe will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigcoupe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Losing inches but gaining weight..???

Posted this in the 35+ group but want another view.

I'm perplexed. The waistline is definitely getting smaller. I have gone up a wrung on the belt and am using a belt on jeans I didn't need one on. However, I have gained 2-3 lbs. What's going on here?

FWIW, Eating about 150g of protein a day. Keeping calories under 2000. Lifting like an animal.

Get this. I asked my 17 year old yesterday if I look thinner. She goes... "Dad, that T-shirt is very slimming"! I was laughing and told her it has nothing to do with the t-shirt!

To sum things up, I have gained about 2 lbs in the last 7 days. I hear it is impossible to gain 2lbs of muscle a week. What gives?
    Why do they call it common sense, when it is so uncommon? - Brian Fonseca

Woodwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Woodwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Woodwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Woodwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Woodwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Woodwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Woodwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Woodwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Woodwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Woodwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Woodwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maybe water weight? I remember reading somewhere on here that the body fluctuates weight a couple of pounds

warangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm having the same thing happen. I dropped to 196 then shot back up to 199 for the past two weeks and i've been really going at it in the gym. I've lost 1.75 inches on my waist though in the past 2.5 weeks and that's been steady going down no matter what the scale says.

Maybe we're just super awesome like other people can't be but want to be too, lol. =P But to be serious, I think we're just putting on muscle and losing at the same time. I'm not a hard gainer and you dont look like one either.

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bigcoupe View Post
    To sum things up, I have gained about 2 lbs in the last 7 days.
    7 days means literally nothing. If you weighed yourself every two hours today, there would be at least a 5 pound range.

hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The waistline is definitely getting smaller.
    Stop here. That is all you need to know. If you look good and feel good, do you really care what the scale says?

I have been on a cut since May 31 and my weight has been up and down, although clearly on a long-term downward trajectory. You just have to ignore those week to week variations unless you are stuck for longer periods, like 2-3 weeks at a time.

My wife has also been dieting with me and her pattern is very consistent: she will stay flat or gains slightly just before she drops 1.5-2.0 pounds, seemingly overnight. Then she stays the same weight for another week or two, then bam, another 1.5 lbs. Water does this to you; ignore it as best you can before it robs you of your sanity.
    May 31 WT: 227.6 BF%: 33.2%
    June 28 WT: 216.2 BF%: 32.0%
    July 26 WT: 207.6 BF%: 30.2%
    Aug 30 WT: 199.8 BF%: 28.7%

Goal WT: 155 BF%: 10.0%

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Water weight or muscle? Your body will fluctuate 2-5 lbs. every 24 hours in either direction no matter how meticulous and repetative your diet is.

JustinMMA is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinMMA is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinMMA is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinMMA is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinMMA is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinMMA is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinMMA is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinMMA is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinMMA is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinMMA is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinMMA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    pics of daughter?... err wait this aint misc sorry. but ya, probly water.

Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hodag1 View Post
    Stop here. That is all you need to know. If you look good and feel good, do you really care what the scale says?
    x2....
    Cass

jdbaker82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdbaker82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdbaker82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdbaker82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdbaker82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdbaker82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdbaker82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdbaker82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdbaker82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdbaker82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdbaker82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    To the OP. I have had the same problem and I started a strict diet and weight training/cardio program 3 weeks ago. I am 27 yrs old and when I started I weighed 208 lbs and according to the scale I still pretty much weight 205-207. Now I am on a plan that should allow me to gain muscle and lose weight slowly (1 lb a week) which I believe I am doing because the jeans and mirror don't lie however the scale is saying the same thing for I believe a couple reasons.

1.) I started taking creatine and I eat probably a little too much sodium so my water weight is prob over the roof.
    2.) I used to work out and go to the gym when I was 19-22 years old and I heard you gain muscle back faster because in a way it has a memory therfore I have added quite a bit of muscle weight in very little time (I know for a fact I have significant strength gains in 3 weeks my max went from doing 155 lbs when I first went back to the gym and barly being able to rep 135 lbs 6 times and now I can rep 180lbs 6 times and I was able to max at 205 lbs!). So 3 weeks and my bench max goes up 40 lbs? There has to be truth to the muscle memory thing! Not only that but the appearance of my chest changed significantly instead of being flabby looking womens boobs they are actually firmer and no longer look like bich tits lol.
    3.) Scales alwyas lie anyway I would recommend weighing yourself at the same time every week. Say sunday morning as soon as you wake up.

Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    when weighing yourself, its best to wear the exact same clothes for the best results. its possible that you are more hydrated than you were, wich would be a good thing.

as your lifting weights and eating masses of protein, its pretty obvious to me that you have gained weight in muscle.

most of my clients ask me the same thing, "i wanted to lose weight and tone up. i've lost a lot of fat but i've put on more weight, what happend?" "thats pretty easy to explain. fat weighs less than muscle. fat is less dense than muscle. so because your exercising your body isn't just losing weight in fat, its gaining weight in muscle. when toning up, you will always gain weight in the form of muscle."

Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SocratesTX View Post
    Water weight or muscle? Your body will fluctuate 2-5 lbs. every 24 hours in either direction no matter how meticulous and repetative your diet is.
    another thing to consider would be that you should weigh yourself before a meal, rather than after. and if you had a poo, your going to measure up as lighter.

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is an example of why weight is not a good measure of progress

Registered User ALipStickTomBoy's Avatar
    ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

I'm perplexed. The waistline is definitely getting smaller. I have gone up a wrung on the belt and am using a belt on jeans I didn't need one on. However, I have gained 2-3 lbs. What's going on here?

FWIW, Eating about 150g of protein a day. Keeping calories under 2000. Lifting like an animal.

Get this. I asked my 17 year old yesterday if I look thinner. She goes... "Dad, that T-shirt is very slimming"! I was laughing and told her it has nothing to do with the t-shirt!

To sum things up, I have gained about 2 lbs in the last 7 days. I hear it is impossible to gain 2lbs of muscle a week. What gives?

As "heavy" as I am, I am learning something here...and it is to NOT pay attention to the scale as much as to pay attention to inches going away. Did you gain that in muscle? maybe. It depends on what you are eating and doing on the side. I eat super high protein and keep my carbs low, and gain some muscle (yes, I am one of those people who cannot eat carbs). I also am experimenting with some alternatives wich in the past few weeks have put muscle on me and inches off. Sure, I have a ways to go...but if you are happy with how you feel, who cares? I was able to get some excellent help, and advice from Steroid-Club.com and let me tell you...I feel 100% better than I did 6 weeks ago.
    Me :)

tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    More than likely water weight, especially if you have just started your diet. Hell, I have been on my diet 2 months now and still gain water weight depending on what I eat.....like others said, as long as you feel better and losing inches, then that is what should count!

Good luck and stay positive!
    Current Stack
    iForce fanatic!
    Trutein fanatic!
    Controlled Labs fanatic!

Trutein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
    Gold Feast-Watermelon
    Orange Triad
    ON Fish oil
    White Flood-Watermelon
    iForce HemaVol-Lemon Drop
    NOW Vit
    NOW Green Extract
    AllMax-Creatine
    AllMax-Glutamine
    Xtend-Sour Lemon-Lime

What I can't get in with Supp's, I get in with food....;)

Reds the new green.....

6' 195lbs 32" W 17.5" Gs HeismanWatch's Avatar
    HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Early gains of muscle is going to happen to those really committed to a sound diet and w/o program! After about 60 to 90 days you'll begin to see that averaging off a lot, so don't get discourage there either. Don't worry about it! You are obviously doing something right, so keep going strong!!!

And, stay away from weight scales!!! That's for cheaters IMHO. Size measures and the mirror is the truth!!!
    Last edited by HeismanWatch; 09-22-2009 at 03:47 PM.
    Pre-W/O Weight Days = IntrAbolic
    Post-W/O Weight Days = Purple Intrain
    PWO Weight Days = 100% Whey Optimum
    Protein Drink Between Meals = Myofusion
    BCAA's Throughout the Day = Xtend
    PRE Cardio Days = Purple Wraath
    PWO Cardio Days = Xtend
    Multi-Vitamin = Source Naturals Life Force
    Flex = Animal Flex
    Cissus = Supplement Direct

6' 195lbs 32" W 17.5" Gs HeismanWatch's Avatar
    HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by socratestx View Post
    this is an example of why weight is not a good measure of progress
    Never has been!!!
    Last edited by HeismanWatch; 09-22-2009 at 03:45 PM.
    Pre-W/O Weight Days = IntrAbolic
    Post-W/O Weight Days = Purple Intrain
    PWO Weight Days = 100% Whey Optimum
    Protein Drink Between Meals = Myofusion
    BCAA's Throughout the Day = Xtend
    PRE Cardio Days = Purple Wraath
    PWO Cardio Days = Xtend
    Multi-Vitamin = Source Naturals Life Force
    Flex = Animal Flex
    Cissus = Supplement Direct

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by justinmma View Post
    pics of daughter?... Err wait this aint misc sorry. But ya, probly water.
    lmfao!