antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

BB.com login issues with Opera?

Has anyone come across this? I just switched to the Opera browser from Firefox and I've never had any problems before this. Are there any known compatability issues with bb.com and Opera? is there any way to fix this on my end?
    I'm just here for the gangbang.

LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz
    Topic has been brought up a couple times in this section.

Ideas were given in these threads.............

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=118031771

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=116102213
    Keymaster of platinum accounts

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO/HEAD CHEESE....

-Mods cannot do name changes

-Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

-Mods can only neg, no agreeing with posts

In other words if you do not like what you originally called yourself, do not take responsibility of what you wanted to at one point type for the world to see, or desperately want green boxes - YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz
    For some reason Opera simply doesn't work with our login process. Obviously we're not blocking Opera on purpose (as some have claimed) - there's a bug in Opera, and we haven't been able to determine exactly what the problem is (and/or how to fix it). Blackberries also have a similar problem. Everything else seems to work, however, including Safari, Chrome, iPhone, etc.
    Want to close your account? Please contact our Customer Service department (anytime 24/7!) - and they can assist you with that:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/help?bodyspace

IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, I came to this forum just to post about Opera not working. No version has ever worked. 9.5, 9.6, 10 beta, 10 RC, or 10 final. It's EXTREMELY frustrating as I have to post here using IE, which I never use. Any ideas on a fix for this?

I tried the methods mentioned in the above links, and they do work. Something is wrong with the default login system, but the old one works. They seem to be completely different paths. When I logged in, the center of the site said I was logged in and could proceed, but the right margin login path said my credentials were incorrect.
    Last edited by IRCRomeo; 09-18-2009 at 07:42 PM.
    View my Transformation of the Week story here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/trans37.htm

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by IRCRomeo View Post
    Wow, I came to this forum just to post about Opera not working. No version has ever worked. 9.5, 9.6, 10 beta, 10 RC, or 10 final. It's EXTREMELY frustrating as I have to post here using IE, which I never use. Any ideas on a fix for this?

I tried the methods mentioned in the above links, and they do work. Something is wrong with the default login system, but the old one works. They seem to be completely different paths. When I logged in, the center of the site said I was logged in and could proceed, but the right margin login path said my credentials were incorrect.
    FWIW, I used the older skin and I have fewer issues. Yes, opera user. Always worked fine for me before the latest upgrade to the site.

Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000)
    I switched to vBulletin 3 Style , logged in , checked the tick Remember me (switches cookie on) and switched back to BB New style. Nice to get fully using Opera 10.00 now

antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Arlecchino View Post
    FWIW, I used the older skin and I have fewer issues. Yes, opera user. Always worked fine for me before the latest upgrade to the site.
    I'm using the original bb.com skin now as well as identifying Opera as IE for this site and its browsing well now.

thanks guys!
    I'm just here for the gangbang.

jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BodySpaceAdmin View Post
    For some reason Opera simply doesn't work with our login process. Obviously we're not blocking Opera on purpose (as some have claimed) - there's a bug in Opera, and we haven't been able to determine exactly what the problem is (and/or how to fix it). Blackberries also have a similar problem. Everything else seems to work, however, including Safari, Chrome, iPhone, etc.
    This not a bug in Opera, bb.com is blocking Opera.

Easiest way around this is to right click, Edit Site Preferences, Network, and then change the Browser Identification setting to Internet Explorer or Firefox.

All that does is change how Opera identifies itself to the server. This ONLY works in cases where a site looks for and then blocks Opera's browser id string. If there was an actual compatibility problem then just changing the Browser Identification wouldn't do anything. The fact that this workaround does work proves that the site is blocking Opera.

You may not know anything about it, but I can guarantee you that that's what's what the problem is.

Also the Opera Mini browser is commonly used on Blackberries, which may explain why they have problems with the site.
    Last edited by jabryl; 10-12-2009 at 06:17 PM.

wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a blackberry and I can browse and log-in. I can't login on the main page. Instead I go into the forum and open a thread and click on one of the reply icons--this opens a page to either login or register. I login on that page and it does fine, but like I said earlier I can never get it to login on the main page.
    Last edited by wolfdragon; 10-12-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BodySpaceAdmin View Post
    However If changing the user agent of opera to IE fix the bug, I highly doubt it's opera fault...

here's some guess

1) There's a piece of code somewhere that verify if the browser is compatible with feature-set XYZ. That peace of code fail to recognize opera as compatible even if it is(so your not blocking opera it's just not included in the supported browser)

2) Same as 1 but the way you identify Opera is no longer valid even if it worked with an older version of Opera when it was designed.

3) OK there's some non standard behavior from Opera but there's some special case for IE only that fixes the non standard behavior (eg Opera act like IE)

Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000)
    In fact I'm 98% positive that this function is wrong... just downloaded opera and there's a nice trace function in it and the md5 of the password is not calculated so it can never be the rigth password

Code:
    function md5hash(input,output_html,output_utf,skip_empty)
    {if(navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Mozilla/")==0&&parseInt(navigator.appVersion)>=4)
    {var md5string=hex_md5(str_to_ent(trim(input.value)));output_html.value=md5string;if(output_utf)
    {md5string=hex_md5(trim(input.value));output_utf.value=md5string;}
    if(!skip_empty)
    {input.value='';}}
    return true;}
    it's probably a vbulletin bug as it's in that file
    http://my.bodybuilding.com/clientscr...ulletin_md5.js

----------------------------------------------

You can verify that this is the problem using the flowing method:

Tools>Advanced>Developper Tools
    Script tab
    Command Line tab

type the following command:

Code:
    md5hash = function (input,output_html,output_utf,skip_empty) {if(true) {var md5string=hex_md5(str_to_ent(trim(input.value)));output_html.value=md5string;if(output_utf) {md5string=hex_md5(trim(input.value));output_utf.value=md5string;} if(!skip_empty) {input.value='';}}return true;}

and enjoy being able to login :P

On that have a good nigth...
    Last edited by Pho3NiX; 10-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Pho3NiX View Post
    However If changing the user agent of opera to IE fix the bug, I highly doubt it's opera fault...
    It is not.

Thank you for your posts. (serious)

Can someone that have opera test the procedure after the -------- ?
    I know it work for me but I do not want to induce any one in error.

It is not.

Thank you for your posts. (serious)
    It is _sort_of_

if you look at http://www.useragentstring.com/

You see
    Code:
    FIREFOX: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; it-IT; rv:1.9.0.2) Gecko/2008092313 Ubuntu/9.25 (jaunty) Firefox/3.8
    IE8:     Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.2; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0)
    SAFARI:  Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en) AppleWebKit/526.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0dp1 Safari/526.8
    CHROME   Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.222.0 Safari/532.2
    but

Code:
    OPERA:   Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.0; U; en) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.00
    So opera is the only one to not identify itself as being mozilla 4.0+ compatible. Now that moz4.0 compatibility is only here for legacy reason but someone somewhere decided to be lazy and use it anyway...

-------------------------------

Since I've already done 99% of the work I'll also suggest a fix

change
    Code:
    if(navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Mozilla/")==0&&parseInt(navigator.appVersion)>=4)
    for
    Opera

Code:
    if((navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Opera/")==0||navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Mozilla/")==0)&&parseInt(navigator.appVersion)>=4)
    SO now it with with opera or(||) mozilla

In fact I'm 98% positive that this function is wrong... just downloaded opera and there's a nice trace function in it and the md5 of the password is not calculated so it can never be the rigth password

Code:
    function md5hash(input,output_html,output_utf,skip_empty)
    {if(navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Mozilla/")==0&&parseInt(navigator.appVersion)>=4)
    {var md5string=hex_md5(str_to_ent(trim(input.value)));output_html.value=md5string;if(output_utf)
    {md5string=hex_md5(trim(input.value));output_utf.value=md5string;}
    if(!skip_empty)
    {input.value='';}}
    return true;}
    it's probably a vbulletin bug as it's in that file

----------------------------------------------

You can verify that this is the problem using the flowing method:

Tools>Advanced>Developper Tools
    Script tab
    Command Line tab

type the following command:

Code:
    md5hash = function (input,output_html,output_utf,skip_empty) {if(true) {var md5string=hex_md5(str_to_ent(trim(input.value)));output_html.value=md5string;if(output_utf) {md5string=hex_md5(trim(input.value));output_utf.value=md5string;} if(!skip_empty) {input.value='';}}return true;}

and enjoy being able to login :P

On that have a good nigth...
    This did not work for me. Just tried.

Can someone that have opera test the procedure after the -------- ?
    I know it work for me but I do not want to induce any one in error.

It is _sort_of_

if you look at http://www.useragentstring.com/

You see
    Code:
    FIREFOX: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; it-IT; rv:1.9.0.2) Gecko/2008092313 Ubuntu/9.25 (jaunty) Firefox/3.8
    IE8:     Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.2; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0)
    SAFARI:  Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en) AppleWebKit/526.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0dp1 Safari/526.8
    CHROME   Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.222.0 Safari/532.2
    but

Code:
    OPERA:   Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.0; U; en) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.00
    So opera is the only one to not identify itself as being mozilla 4.0+ compatible. Now that moz4.0 compatibility is only here for legacy reason but someone somewhere decided to be lazy and use it anyway...

-------------------------------

Since I've already done 99% of the work I'll also suggest a fix

change
    Code:
    if(navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Mozilla/")==0&&parseInt(navigator.appVersion)>=4)
    for
    Opera

Code:
    if((navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Opera/")==0||navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Mozilla/")==0)&&parseInt(navigator.appVersion)>=4)
    SO now it with with opera or(||) mozilla
    Where exactly would I make this change?

This did not work for me. Just tried.
    I've made a video of it working... maybe I have not documented a step
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh-Ju_ofwr8

Where exactly would I make this change?
    If you want to change something on your machine then it's the user agent...

If you want to fix it on BB.com then it's at the end of this file

---------------------------------------------

To sum up I believe it's best to point the ppl responsible for the forum to this thread.
    To me, one problem is
    1) If the browser user agent does not contain Mozilla (like opera) then the md5_hash is not calculated and the password_md5 field is not updated.
    2) If the server need that field to be filled, the user cannot login.
    3) On a brand new Opera instalation (last version) I managed to make it work by bypassing the browser check.
    4) There might be other things but to me that one looks like broken.

I've suggested a quick fix but as I see that vbulletin is a paid forum software there migth be more official / better way to fix it.
    Last edited by Pho3NiX; 10-13-2009 at 08:53 PM.

I've made a video of it working... maybe I have not documented a step
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh-Ju_ofwr8

If you want to change something on your machine then it's the user agent...

If you want to fix it on BB.com then it's at the end of this file

---------------------------------------------

To sum up I believe it's best to point the ppl responsible for the forum to this thread.
    To me, one problem is
    1) If the browser user agent does not contain Mozilla (like opera) then the md5_hash is not calculated and the password_md5 field is not updated.
    2) If the server need that field to be filled, the user cannot login.
    3) On a brand new Opera instalation (last version) I managed to make it work by bypassing the browser check.
    4) There might be other things but to me that one looks like broken.

I've suggested a quick fix but as I see that vbulletin is a paid forum software there migth be more official / better way to fix it.
    Thanks.

I am going to poke around the vbulletin home forum some more, and then try and contact our geek squad.

Appreciate your time and effort.

Eric

bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Logging in with Opera should work now by default (no javascript or user-agent hack necessary). You may need to shift-reload or clear your cache to get the changes.

Originally Posted by bluesheep View Post
    Logging in with Opera should work now by default (no javascript or user-agent hack necessary). You may need to shift-reload or clear your cache to get the changes.
    Work fine for me right now.

Opera 10/ubuntu.

Thanks man.

Originally Posted by bluesheep View Post
    Thank you confirmed it work here too...
    I've see you've dropped the check for Mozilla/ so I can only approve

bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000) bluesheep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thank you confirmed it work here too...
    I've see you've dropped the check for Mozilla/ so I can only approve
    Indeed, that was a silly check

jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jabryl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks guys.
    I've been waiting for this to get sorted out for months.