Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Passed the CSCS!!!

Hey guys,

I am so happy that I passed!! I honestly did not leave that exam very confident, but I did rather well! Part of the reason I was not so confident was the fact I only studied a month. Even though I studied a couple hours a day, I started having second thoughts when I heard people usually study 4-6 months. Oh well..it doesn't matter any more. It definitely feels good to have earned the top training cert out there.
    USAPL Raw @ 205 - 446.2/314/556.5/1316.7

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaveFrankovic

ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000)
    how much education/experience did you have prior? i'm looking to schedule it but honestly cant find time to study... ive had the book since undergrad but im wondering how long i need

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Frankovic View Post
    Hey guys,

I am so happy that I passed!! I honestly did not leave that exam very confident, but I did rather well! Part of the reason I was not so confident was the fact I only studied a month. Even though I studied a couple hours a day, I started having second thoughts when I heard people usually study 4-6 months. Oh well..it doesn't matter any more. It definitely feels good to have earned the top training cert out there.
    Contrats, I thought for sure I failed it as I showed up late after driving 100+mph from Corvallis to Portland to barely make it, and I didn't study but luckily I passed...

Just keep up your CEUs so you don't have to take it again
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frankovic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ExtremeEnigma View Post
    how much education/experience did you have prior? i'm looking to schedule it but honestly cant find time to study... ive had the book since undergrad but im wondering how long i need

Well I have been certified as a personal trainer through NSCA for 2 years now. I also have a bachelor's degree in nutrition as well. Aside from my PT cert (which wasn't too hard), I don't have much formal education in exercise science. I frequently read articles online from T-nation and such, which I believe has helped over the years.

I feel if you have an exercise science degree, you can just briefly look through the book and do well. I only studied a month, but several hours per day as I had a lot of free time. Overall I believe it depends on your education background. Just try to squeeze in a chapter or two every week, and you'll be done before you know it.

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    congradulations on passing the test.

BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I only studied for one month and passed. My Exercise Science degree really helped though.

Atheism, Cures terrorism Sicshift's Avatar
    Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000)
    congrats! That's a tough one. I wanted to get that cert but no bio related degree so no go for me. Congrats again!

jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP

Congrats brother.....can you tell me how the exam is structured and how does it compare to ACSM academically and marketability wise? Thanks.
    Official 200 Pounder

Feb 11, 09 188 lb

Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Congrats.

I flew from Ireland to Phoenix, Az, via San Francisco, to take the test (cheap flights and I planned a road trip as part of the trip to the US). Arrived the night before in terrible rain, found the university where the test was taking place and booked into the nearest hotel. Came down stairs the following morning and asked the concierge if he knew the layout of the college campus so that I could get to the exam hall easily. He told me that I was at the wrong campus and that the exam was taking place in the campus on the other side of the city. He Google mapped the directions and I tore off across the city.

I arrived with 1 minute to spare. Thank God I passed because I didn't fancy another expensive trip to the US to retake the test (the exam is hosted in Ireland now though).

Anyway, congrats again.
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

ISSA CFT, SPN, FT, SSC, SFN
    NSCA CSCS

flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Way to go dude!!!! Now go out and make someone smile.

Originally Posted by Sicshift View Post
    congrats! That's a tough one. I wanted to get that cert but no bio related degree so no go for me. Congrats again!
    A bio related degree is not required. Any Bachelor's Degree fits the requirement to take the CSCS. Go get it!

Originally Posted by jamesbondc View Post
    OP

Congrats brother.....can you tell me how the exam is structured and how does it compare to ACSM academically and marketability wise? Thanks.
    The exam is broken up into 2 sections. The first section consists of 90 questions regarding exercise sciences and nutrition. The second section contains 120 questions dealing with exercise technique, program design, organization and administration, and testing and evaluation.

As far as how it compares to the ACSM academically, I have no clue as I am not too familiar with the ACSM. Marketing wise, the CSCS is pretty much considered the top cert if you are interested in training athletes. If you are looking for a strength and conditioning coach type of position, then CSCS is definitely the way to go. ACSM is probably better for you if you are interested in working with the general population.

Hope this helps.

ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000)
    sweet. i have a bs in ES so ill study for a month or two i guess.

BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ExtremeEnigma View Post
    sweet. i have a bs in ES so ill study for a month or two i guess.
    Just read the book front to back and answer the questions at the end of each chapter, watch your dvd and you should be fine.

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Wink

WELCOME to the Fraternity & Best of Luck in all your future training endevours!!

Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    congrats. i studied a few to several hours a day, too, and took it after 6 weeks. I think it's more about the hours than anything else. I'd hate to spread that over 6 months, like they say other people do. I liked getting it all in at once and being done with it.
    NSCA CSCS, Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology

cantide5ga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

I've seen so much sweat and tears come out of (before and after) that damn test. Congrats!

I myself have an irrelevant degree, so I gotta jump through hoops to get it. But it still scares the hell out of me.
    NSCA-CPT

tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by askthetrainer View Post
    Contrats, I thought for sure I failed it as I showed up late after driving 100+mph from Corvallis to Portland to barely make it, and I didn't study but luckily I passed...

Just keep up your CEUs so you don't have to take it again
    Yeah I did that... had to take the fning test again, sucked! but i only have the cpt. This years test is way different from last years.... What were most the questions based on for the cscs? Is it mostly physiology, or is their a lot of liability type stuff like the cpt. It looks pretty tough...

My boss already wants me to take it and take over as district director and I just started... A little overwhelming but they are really lacking talent. I'm only assistant store director right now, and most of the guys here are certified through issa or some others I've never heard of...
    Last edited by tinman15; 09-18-2009 at 10:14 PM.

tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I have been certified as a personal trainer through NSCA for 2 years now. I also have a bachelor's degree in nutrition as well. Aside from my PT cert (which wasn't too hard), I don't have much formal education in exercise science. I frequently read articles online from T-nation and such, which I believe has helped over the years.

I feel if you have an exercise science degree, you can just briefly look through the book and do well. I only studied a month, but several hours per day as I had a lot of free time. Overall I believe it depends on your education background. Just try to squeeze in a chapter or two every week, and you'll be done before you know it.
    I have three friends who have taken the test, all graduated in exercise science. Only one passed, the other two are athletic trainers now...

Atheism, Cures terrorism Sicshift's Avatar
    Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000)
    A bio related degree is not required. Any Bachelor's Degree fits the requirement to take the CSCS. Go get it!
    Really? That wasn't the case a few years ago to the best of my knowledge. I know they were changing something, maybe that was it.

I'm not personal training anymore. So no more certs for me. I have enough anyway. I'd be getting it just for respect from other trainers Since clients have no clue one cert from another.

But it's one of the only ones I really respect. I may train again someday, but just a couple clients. Nothing worthy of going after a new cert. Sure wish I had that one years ago though.