FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000)

Please Critique my Keto Diet Plan

Will be starting this in 11 days. Weight currently is 195 lbs today. Should be 190-191ish in 11 days. Maintenance assumes around 1900-2000. Foods and serving sizes are not posted, as I'm still tweaking that, just basic protein/carb/fat splits.

Any critique/comments/criticisms are welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    MAGA --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tamorlane: No one really cares except for people like you. Wow he wore a blackface, guess what back in the day many people did that. It was a different time period. Not full of PC little betas like you that cry foul over every little thing.

SillieBazzillie: Under Obama we always strove to be the best at everything. Trump really has ruined everything.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wasn't really worth posting a link for that.

Too much protein, not enough fat. Carbs are a little on the high side, but not too bad. But you've got to get your protein and fat right.

Your carb-up looks way over the top. Keep it relative to your maintenance calories. A little over maintenance, but not a total pig out.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    35 g of carb per day is too high? What do you suggest? 30? 25?

1.1g of protein per 1 lb. of bodyweight for cutting to preserve lean muscle mass. That's the 200g of protein. What do you suggest?

Fat is the left over calories I have. 1800 calories is a baseline prescription for cutting. It will vary as I see fit.

Carb loading day is the same calories as other days, just different proportions. The calories added up are the same, if you noticed. No "pig out" on 1800 calories...

I put this together by reading almost every thread on the first few pages, as well as the stickes. I'm not trying to lose 50 lbs. I'm trying to lose the last 5-6 lbs in 3-4 weeks, hit about 8-9% body fat, and then move into a keto bulking phase.

Any other opinions?
    MAGA --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tamorlane: No one really cares except for people like you. Wow he wore a blackface, guess what back in the day many people did that. It was a different time period. Not full of PC little betas like you that cry foul over every little thing.

SillieBazzillie: Under Obama we always strove to be the best at everything. Trump really has ruined everything.

Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Varies depending on metabolism and exercise. 30g means you get back to ketosis as quickly as possible. 50-100g is fine for a general low carb approach.
    You posted this in another thread... I'm extremely active. 30-45m of cardio every day. Weights for 1.5-2 hours 6 days a week. Please critique further, and explain why there would be more than a marginal difference in 5g of carbs for someone who is burning 600-700 calories a day just from cardio.

Also posted in another thread...
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    The first time, it could take up to four days to get into ketosis, but the juice is not helping. OJ is not a good idea on keto and 8oz is too much. Try something like 10g of dextrose in your whey instead.
    I was under the assumption that 20-30g of carbs post workout was not counted in daily calculations because of the recovery reasons...

Not nitpicking, just trying to clarify, as I have heard different things. Thank you.
    Last edited by FunAndSun; 09-15-2009 at 04:40 PM.
    MAGA --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Does I have catabolismz? TaoistWarrior's Avatar
    TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FunAndSun View Post
    You posted this in another thread... I'm extremely active. 30-45m of cardio every day. Weights for 1.5-2 hours 6 days a week. Please critique further, and explain why there would be more than a marginal difference in 5g of carbs for someone who is burning 600-700 calories a day just from cardio.

Also posted in another thread...

I was under the assumption that 20-30g of carbs post workout was not counted in daily calculations because of the recovery reasons...

Not nitpicking, just trying to clarify, as I have heard different things. Thank you.
    Are you doing this for fat loss? Why are you combining TKD and CKD? I'd choose one protocol and stick to i. If you are going to do a carb-up, you don't need to take in 30 grams of carbs post-workout, and IMO it's counterproductive.
    It's time for a Breakthrough.

Originally Posted by TaoistWarrior View Post
    Are you doing this for fat loss? Why are you combining TKD and CKD? I'd choose one protocol and stick to i. If you are going to do a carb-up, you don't need to take in 30 grams of carbs post-workout, and IMO it's counterproductive.
    Yes. Fat loss. The final 6-8 lbs. to put me under 10% bodyfat. 6 week time frame. 1-1.5 lbs. a week is fine. During that time I'll be learning more about keto bulking, as it seems very interesting.

You would advocate no carb post workout? What about pre workout?

Not asking questions to be obstinate, just to learn more about the implementation of keto. The stickies are quite out of date [circa 2002-2004] and I prefer the personal experience of people on this site to the hodge podge of snake oil bloggers out there.

Thank you.
    MAGA --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Does I have catabolismz? TaoistWarrior's Avatar
    TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FunAndSun View Post
    Yes. Fat loss. The final 6-8 lbs. to put me under 10% bodyfat. 6 week time frame. 1-1.5 lbs. a week is fine. During that time I'll be learning more about keto bulking, as it seems very interesting.

You would advocate no carb post workout? What about pre workout?

Not asking questions to be obstinate, just to learn more about the implementation of keto. The stickies are quite out of date [circa 2002-2004] and I prefer the personal experience of people on this site to the hodge podge of snake oil bloggers out there.

Thank you.
    TKD: peri-workout carbs. No carb-up.

CKD: no peri-workout carbs (or very minimal amounts). Yes carb-up.

I dont have much experience with TKD, but I've done CKD for more than a year and I love it. I think it's quite adaptable to either bulking or cutting (or maintenance/recomp.)

Google Mark McManus and download his free e-book; that'll get you started.
    It's time for a Breakthrough.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    5g of carbs here or there makes very little difference. But if you are setting out to eat 35g, you could well end up eating a lot more. It means you are opening the door to the sort of higher carb food that keto generally avoids.

With that length of time in the gym, you could probably handle 20-30g of dextrose post workout, but the standard starting point is 15g, unless you are doing TKD.

No carbs pre-workout unless you are training for a competitive sport. Try a cup of black coffee with some coconut oil if you think you'll need an energy boost.

Keto is muscle sparing. You only need 1g of protein per pound of LEAN mass.

Normally, your carb load should be a refeed. It's designed to reset your leptin levels and keep your thyroid happy as well as replenish glycogen. Eat above maintenance for that day.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Thanks for the info will adjust and ask for more feedback.
    MAGA --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ