Registered User 180degreechange's Avatar
    180degreechange is on a distinguished road. (+10) 180degreechange is on a distinguished road. (+10) 180degreechange is on a distinguished road. (+10) 180degreechange is on a distinguished road. (+10) 180degreechange is on a distinguished road. (+10) 180degreechange is on a distinguished road. (+10) 180degreechange is on a distinguished road. (+10) 180degreechange is on a distinguished road. (+10) 180degreechange is on a distinguished road. (+10) 180degreechange is on a distinguished road. (+10) 180degreechange is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Anyone else hate working out shoulders

i think shoulders are the worst and hardest muscle to work out. i hate doing lateral raises, milatary press, db milatary press, and shoulder raises on the machine

MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's not easy but I actually enjoy doing shoulder presses. It's frigging hard to get the 85dbs up into starting position though. That's what I hate.
    19 years old, 6', 210lbs (11%bf)

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I actually like to train shoulders.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Pick an option:

1. Don't do what you hate.

or

2. Don't hate what you do.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    shoulders are a bitch to train !

but once you dedicate yourself...and the poundages go up then it's starting to be fun ... pretty much like legs

Markus !

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    over here!!! i ****ign hate them, i hate military presses, i hate uprights, i hate lat raises i hate them all

still people say i got big shoulders, so that gives me some courage to train them, other then that i can't stand shoulder day

corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000)
    took me awhile to get into them..you gotta do them though. the are so vital to the look that most people desire..nothing to spoil a look like having a huge chest and arms and then some rounded, dinky shoulders ya know?
    "The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."

**KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE**
    06 R1 raven
    02 CBR1100xx
    02 DRZ 400s

PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by midian
    over here!!! i ****ign hate them, i hate military presses, i hate uprights, i hate lat raises i hate them all

still people say i got big shoulders, so that gives me some courage to train them, other then that i can't stand shoulder day
    Yeah but look at the bright side, you only have to do a few sets of direct shoulder work because your shoulders get hit pretty well when you do your chest stuff.

MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by PROSA
    Yeah but look at the bright side, you only have to do a few sets of direct shoulder work because your shoulders get hit pretty well when you do your chest stuff.
    Agreed, I only do 4 sets for shoulders. 2 with dumbbells, 2 with the bar. Works for me.

degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love working shoulder, well I should say I used to. I can't do military press anymore cause of torn ligaments. Anyhow, I can still do front raises, side raises, and shrugs. I like training the shoulders.

Bossman- try putting the dumbells on your knee area, then when you are ready, kick up the weight one at at time and you should be pretty much in the starting position, of course you are going to have to "curl" them up. That's what I do and they work great.

JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lateral raises are my worst, they are really hard for me to do. I'm more of a pressing type. Military presses and dumbell aren't hard for me to do but lateral raises are hard as hell. The pressing are probably easy for me cause my triceps do alot of the work also. I literally need someone to yell in my ear to push myself doing lateral raises. I often pussy out doing them too.
    John

csilva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lateral raises will hurt your ego thats why most people hate them. I'm tiny thats why i only use 30's but try them with lower weight.
    pain is love , so free

CF2K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CF2K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up delts

I love em!!!!

Other than maybe arms, there is nothing like seeing shoulder development as it starts to show. Shoulders are a major weakness for so many guys I see working out at my gym. Big arms, big chest and no shoulders to go along with it. Now Markus Ruhl is an absolute freak, but just look at what his shoulders do for him. If you wanna V taper, you need them delts.

As mentioned, lateral raises take bit of ego and pride swallowing to do properly. If using proper form 15-25lbs will be enough for most people. Not too many guys I see are doing more than 30's, and when they are, their forms just sucks. Their back is getting more work than their shoulders.

Since my lats starting popping about 6 months ago, shrugs are one of my favs. I have to stop myself from doing them every time I go to the gym. Not too many people I see at my gym do anything for the rear delts either. It is difficult to do, and its one of those things you cant really see - out of sight out of mind. I love doing them bent over with DB, it really makes the 3 heads of my delts jump. Gotta love to see that.

Sometimes it just takes pushing your self to do what you hate. I think we all go through periods of not liking to work a certain bodypart. I tend to neglect my back. Not cuz I dont like working it, but I can see it - outta sight outta mind like above.

Just working them friggin shoulders and you will learn to love em.

CF2K

TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by JohnY
    lateral raises are my worst, they are really hard for me to do. I'm more of a pressing type. Military presses and dumbell aren't hard for me to do but lateral raises are hard as hell. The pressing are probably easy for me cause my triceps do alot of the work also. I literally need someone to yell in my ear to push myself doing lateral raises. I often pussy out doing them too.
    lol bump. Love military. Hate laterals, especially bent over laterals cuz i barely feel it.

Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lat raises by far the one of the biggest bitches !

Originally posted by degrat38
    IBossman- try putting the dumbells on your knee area, then when you are ready, kick up the weight one at at time and you should be pretty much in the starting position, of course you are going to have to "curl" them up. That's what I do and they work great.
    That's what I do, it wasn't too hard a few months ago but I'm up to 85lb dumbbells now, so even when I kick them up, it's still hard to get them into position. But I won't ever let myself depend on a spotter.

degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000) degrat38 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, you shouldn't "depend" on a spotter, but the spotter is there to help you get the weight up for that first rep, guide the weight if your form gets sloppy, and help you complete that last 1 or 2 reps. A spotter is there for safety reasons too, it's a good idea to have one.

BritBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BritBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BritBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BritBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BritBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BritBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BritBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BritBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BritBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BritBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BritBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love working out shoulders! I think this is probably because Shoulders are one of my better areas in both strength and size. I hate doing Lateral raises though so I do lying laterals instead (I do mean lying, not bent-over) and I find that it works my lateral delts better.

Terror of Tiny Town EngineThatCould's Avatar
    EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: delts

Originally posted by CF2K
    Not too many people I see at my gym do anything for the rear delts either. It is difficult to do, and its one of those things you cant really see - out of sight out of mind. I love doing them bent over with DB, it really makes the 3 heads of my delts jump. Gotta love to see that.
    Bump. I do rear delt work every shoulder day and never do front raises (hit hard on chest day).
    A man hasn't truly lived until he's held a stepladder steady for a naked woman.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

laulau418 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Shoulders are my favorite!
    I remember when I first joined a gym - many years ago -
    I had absolutely NO muscle on my upper body -
    after about 4 weeks, all of a sudden I looked in the mirror and my arms had a "different" shape to them...
    my shoulders were slightly wider than the rest of my arm -

I've been hooked ever since!! And to this day, shoulders are not only my favorite body part to train, they are also my most impressive.....
    "If you really want something, work hard, take advantage of opportunities, and never give up, you will find a way."
    - Jane Goodall

I sought advice and cooperation from all those around me - but not permission.
    - Muhammad Ali

Dwell in possibility.
    - Emily Dickinson

JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Today I went and switched up my routine on shoulder, I did lat raises and bent over lat raises first. My weakest. Then I finished up with military press and dumbell press. Then finished it all with shrugs, and I was totally blasted. Hopefully this will help me out building shoulders.

Although I had to find a corner to hide in to do Lat raises and Bent over lat raises it wasn't too bad!
    John

Robbie_2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I totally love shoulder.
    I love the feeling when you train them really hard and when they are pumped. Personally i think they are the best lookin muscle when fully developed. I dont find it hard to get round to them.
    Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out
    Till my legs give out, can’t shut my mouth.
    Till the smoke clears out and my high wear out
    I’ma rip this s*** till my bone collapse.
    -EMINEM

AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000)
    I enjoy working shoulders.

jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love training shoulders but the are the most painfull bodypart for me to train... For some reason I get an intense pump every time...Now I am not bragging and neither am I trying to claim world record status but. I worked my way up to a 275 military press behind the neck and 120 with dumbells... About 3 months ago I got bursitus in my left shoulder from doing heavy bench press so I laid back a bit.... Now I do a ton of laterals with db's and cables followed by my presses. Genetically speaking I am gifted with calves, shoulders, back, and chest muscles that grow very well. Now if I only had some pixie dust for my biceps!!!
    "The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."

~Charles Du Bos~

"The best thing you have to offer the world is yourself. You don't have to copy anyone else. If you do, your second best. To acheive success is to be first, and that's being yourself."

~John Denver~

Lift Bests @245 lbs
    Bench 450
    Squat 600
    Dead Lift 585
    Leg Press 1500