ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Deadlifting & Tennis Elbow

Is it possible to get tennis elbow from DLs?

I woke up yesterday (Saturday) noon with a minor one on my right arm. Today I woke up with it again, and it's REALLY bad.

Friday was my Chest workout, Thursday was my Back workout. That's 2 days before I got this problem. Was it possible? (It's the only possible explanation in my book, even though it's not very possible. I didn't do anything that stressed forearms ever since that day.)

PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it COULD be possible and may be more likely if you were using a mixed grip. Am I correct in assuming the tennis elbow like symptoms are in the underhand gripped arm? (if you were using mixed grip)

ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I really have no idea. I use Hook Grip for warm-up, and Over/Under (I switch grips every set) for the heavier sets.

However, I have some good news. The pain is going away, and I'd say its 90% gone. Perhaps I was overthinking things. It should hopefully be completely healed within the next 2 days, if the healing speed continues.

PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that's good to hear, keep us updated

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Tennis elbow (and golfers elbow) is a condition that occurs over time, not with just one singular event.

Evidently one of your recent workouts has exacerbated the muscle tightness in your wrist extensor's and the inflammation in the associated tendon.

I would HIGHLY encourage you to start stretching the extensor's (and flexors) of your forearm as well as consider getting some soft tissue work on the affected areas. Otherwise the tennis elbow will, most likely, rear its ugly head once again in the not so distant future. And trust me, it is MUCH easier to prevent tennis for golfer's elbow than it is to get rid of it once you have it.
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

Originally Posted by Dr Clay View Post
    Tennis elbow (and golfers elbow) is a condition that occurs over time, not with just one singular event.

Evidently one of your recent workouts has exacerbated the muscle tightness in your wrist extensor's and the inflammation in the associated tendon.

I would HIGHLY encourage you to start stretching the extensor's (and flexors) of your forearm as well as consider getting some soft tissue work on the affected areas. Otherwise the tennis elbow will, most likely, rear its ugly head once again in the not so distant future. And trust me, it is MUCH easier to prevent tennis for golfer's elbow than it is to get rid of it once you have it.
    Thanks for the input.

My buddy from UCLA sent me this article. It contains some recommended exercises for treating and [possible preventing] tennis elbow in the future. Would you recommend the same exercises?