Closed Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just what I needed, thank you!

Scatillac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good Start!

Perf_white_GT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Meleky View Post
    Just what I needed, thank you!
    Same here, one of the videos are down but other than that it seems like a solid workout that will get me out of the pool and treadmill and into the weight room.

Rebel21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice!

Kory69187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great info! The videos are very helpful for noobs like me as far as what good form is suppose to look like and how the lift should be done.

entershikari is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) entershikari is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) entershikari is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) entershikari is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) entershikari is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) entershikari is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) entershikari is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) entershikari is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) entershikari is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) entershikari is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) entershikari is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great info thanks.

FIsh1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fantastic wealth of information. Extremely helpful, thanks.

PiranhaMatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This was a great post. I had been looking around youtube for videos of proper technique, and this was much easier. There is a lot of bad information out there, so thanks for making it easy.

matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My pet peeve is deginately clean and jerks. But everything in this thread is informative.

matkat is not very well liked. (-100) matkat is not very well liked. (-100) matkat is not very well liked. (-100) matkat is not very well liked. (-100) matkat is not very well liked. (-100) matkat is not very well liked. (-100) matkat is not very well liked. (-100) matkat is not very well liked. (-100) matkat is not very well liked. (-100) matkat is not very well liked. (-100) matkat is not very well liked. (-100)
    good mass-building exercises for your back. We all know how to do these from grade school

The Muscle Daredevil Apacalypto's Avatar
    Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The basics are the core to any workout plan. Unfortunately, athletes tend to forget about em once they focus primarily on lifting heavier and heavier weight. That just stupid. Another point: The biggest problem I see others doing with the deadlift is forgetting to bring the chest up sooner.
    http://www.RapidMuscleRecovery.com - You want me to do what?!

4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Where do you lower the bar during bench press and even close grip bench press? Lower chest? Middle chest?

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 4one5 View Post
    Where do you lower the bar during bench press and even close grip bench press? Lower chest? Middle chest?
    Generally, the middle to bottom of the pecs.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

KieranGray95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieranGray95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieranGray95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieranGray95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieranGray95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieranGray95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieranGray95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieranGray95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieranGray95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieranGray95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieranGray95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great Information, thanks for sharing .

4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can someone explain to me the lowering part of the deadlift? Do I use my hips to lower to the knees then from there use my knees to lower the weight down?

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 4one5 View Post
    Can someone explain to me the lowering part of the deadlift?
    Read the Deadlift Sticky.

Do I use my hips to lower to the knees then from there use my knees to lower the weight down?
    Essentially, yes. You just do the same movement you did to raise the weight, in reverse. You begin to lower by breaking at the hips, not at the knees.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Knock0ut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Knock0ut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Knock0ut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Knock0ut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Knock0ut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Knock0ut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Knock0ut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Knock0ut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Knock0ut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Knock0ut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Knock0ut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is slight rounding of the back ok when deadlifting? if my back arches at all i always think i'mdoinitwrong and lower the weight.

Originally Posted by Knock0ut View Post
    is slight rounding of the back ok when deadlifting? if my back arches at all i always think i'mdoinitwrong and lower the weight.
    If the lower back rounds (outward), it's not good. Lower the weight and get a good inward arch going.

Dshackle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dshackle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dshackle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dshackle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dshackle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dshackle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dshackle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dshackle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dshackle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dshackle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dshackle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    Agreed. Vox should be Mod-repped.....

.....and Lucifer GANG-NEGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Just kidding on the Lucifer deal!)
    go home you suck up

markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very helpful information. Thanks.
    My website: http://www.posturedirect.com
    The sole purpose of creating PostureDirect.com is to help those who want to improve their posture. Come visit :)

sixpack01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    very informative and detailed.. thanks!
    [url=http://www.sixpackdomination.com]Best Way To Lose Belly Fat[/url]

gilcott121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hello

I'm trying to put together a website about building muscle and proper workout.Please it out and tell me your impressions

Christian Rippedomania Rippedomania's Avatar
    Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

Originally Posted by patriarcaangela View Post
    i like these info.
    Great article!!!
    Christian Hagen - http://www.rip****mania.com/
    A true Ripped body and Six pack abs come from good nutrition and exercise, not supplements
    Check my own website: http://www.rip****mania.com/

Christian Rippedomania Rippedomania's Avatar
    Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rippedomania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Knock0ut View Post
    Do not round your back outwards when doing deadlifts or squats. YOu risk bad injur and back problems later!
    Christian Hagen - http://www.rip****mania.com/
    A true Ripped body and Six pack abs come from good nutrition and exercise, not supplements
    Check my own website: http://www.rip****mania.com/

sarathi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarathi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarathi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarathi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarathi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarathi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarathi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarathi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarathi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarathi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarathi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am trying to get my form down for the squat/deadlift. However, I cannot complete a proper rep of either because I believe my ankles and hips give out. It has nothing to do with the weight, I tried both exercises with just with the bar. I think I have poor flexibility in hips and ankles I believe. Any tips? I really want to get over this barrier. I tried watching videos and trying it, but no avail.

always moving forward blazeheavy's Avatar
    blazeheavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazeheavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazeheavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazeheavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazeheavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazeheavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazeheavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazeheavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazeheavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazeheavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazeheavy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you so much for this post. I consider myself to have a pretty good base of knowledge on lifting, so imagine my surprise to find out I've been bench pressing wrong for months. And that's why my shoulder is aching!!! I was apparently taught wrong years ago.

So now after adjusting my approach I'm feeling much better.

Thanks!

jerryds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So can I do all of these exercises in one day as my routine? Thinking of working out 3X week with a day of rest in between.

University of Abertay SportStudent's Avatar
    SportStudent is on a distinguished road. (+10) SportStudent is on a distinguished road. (+10) SportStudent is on a distinguished road. (+10) SportStudent is on a distinguished road. (+10) SportStudent is on a distinguished road. (+10) SportStudent is on a distinguished road. (+10) SportStudent is on a distinguished road. (+10) SportStudent is on a distinguished road. (+10) SportStudent is on a distinguished road. (+10) SportStudent is on a distinguished road. (+10) SportStudent is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Reps?

Compound lifts rule.
    My Transformation Challenge Thread - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131278943

01/01/11
    Bench Press - 141 lbs
    Seat Row - 187 lbs
    Deadlift - 180 lbs
    Squats - 147 lbs

25/07/11
    Bench Press - 164 lbs (+6 lbs)
    Seat Row - 253 lbs (+11 lbs)
    Deadlift - 291 lbs (+13 lbs)
    Squat - 193 lbs (+5 lbs)

Registered User rkcraigslist519's Avatar
    rkcraigslist519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    does anyone think that i would benefit from doing some freehand exercises outside in the hot weather (with proper hydration)? i know its great to sweat but would working outside with the fresh air and sunlight benefit at all? thanks everyone!