Closed Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    LuckyTripster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree, Thanks for a great post!

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    ^ I'd go with that.

I-Life, just like anhy other profession, there is good and bad poeple in the career fields. I've seen many great trainers, and many piss poor trainers. It is just the way of the world. Just like you could hire two different roofers, and they are on two different skill levels.

Also, I never had anyone show me how to deadlift or squat. I just jumped in and tried it out.
    Of course but gerneralised comments isnt an accurate portrayal.
    My point is that i know a lot of personal trainers that know a lot more about deadlifting than the average person.. and that i know there are bad ones but i believe the good trainers far outweigh the bad non educated trainers.
    Last edited by Ironlife; 03-12-2010 at 05:52 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    is it just the trainers at my gym or do your guys trainers make their customers do 'stranger' exercises to try and fool them and persuade them into keep coming back?
    Like this thread for example: they could be doing squats, deads, bench, rows, pull ups, and OH presses, but instead i see trainers instructing them to walk around pulling a object, throwing a ball up in the air letting it hit the ground and repeat, and other abnormal exercises.
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130703993

john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great post! bookmarked!

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    Of course but gerneralised comments isnt an accurate portrayal.
    My point is that i know a lot of personal trainers that know a lot more about deadlifting than the average person.. and that i know there are bad ones but i believe the good trainers far outweigh the bad non educated trainers.
    I don't know about the trainers in the US and Australia, but most of the trainers (I'd say 95%) I've spoken to here, are full of sh*t. They don't know how to help a client gain muscle or lose fat. All of their clients, look the same way they did, years ago. When I was talking to one of them on Friday, I was surprised he didn't know what the brachioradialis was. He called it the 'brachialis', when I pointed to the muscle, lol.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    I don't know about the trainers in the US and Australia, but most of the trainers (I'd say 95%) I've spoken to here, are full of sh*t. They don't know how to help a client gain muscle or lose fat. All of their clients, look the same way they did, years ago. When I was talking to one of them on Friday, I was surprised he didn't know what the brachioradialis was. He called it the 'brachialis', when I pointed to the muscle, lol.
    That isnt good at all i think that you are right, there are trainers out there that dont know sh.it but anything but mainly im talking bout from australia so then i cant talk for India, US UK etc but i to do see some real good trainers out there.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When i was going to NYSC (New york sports club) i was friends with the 'best trainer' there (got the most clients) one day i told him how i was doing rack pulls now instead of dead lifts. he replied "what are rack pulls?"
    Journal:

nkrohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by djansen View Post

also, as far as the squat goes Squat Rx on youtube helped me alot.
    Your videos helped me a ton as well. Thanks

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jrahe42 View Post
    When i was going to NYSC (New york sports club) i was friends with the 'best trainer' there (got the most clients) one day i told him how i was doing rack pulls now instead of dead lifts. he replied "what are rack pulls?"
    lolz

When I was doing DB snatches, one of the PTs came up to me and asked me why I was doing the movement 'so fast'. I told him that this is an Olympic lift and that all Olympic lifts are done explosively. Apparently, the PT thought I was training delts and began to show me 'proper form', with a 20 lb dumbbell. He did a reverse DB curl first, then raised his elbow and then did a one arm shoulder press, lol.

I just smiled and left the area.

Its rather amusing how just because their shirt reads "personal trainer" they can never be wrong in anything fitness related. I got into a fight (verbal) with a trainer because he told me when i bench im not suppose to ever touch my chest. My flexibility is perfectly fine and touching my chest will not hurt me in anyway as long as i do it properly. Some of these guys/girls make me rage. Ive seen quite a few obese trainers as well. That always kinda seemed like a oxymoron in my mind. Your career is revolved around fitness and your out of shape? Maybe im missing a piece of the puzzle here.
    Journal:

Originally Posted by Jrahe42 View Post
    Ive seen quite a few obese trainers as well. That always kinda seemed like a oxymoron in my mind. Your career is revolved around fitness and your out of shape? Maybe im missing a piece of the puzzle here.
    You just read my mind, breh.

All the female personal trainers from my gym are fat. Well, there's this one chick who is pretty fit, with a flat tummy and all but the others are just too overweight to be personal trainers. I don't know how they manage to get clients.

MDude20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Completley agree with this. Always structured my routine around these lifts.

I like that this post supports the fact that for upper back you need to do some variation of heavy rows and pullups.

hari001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hari001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hari001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hari001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi,
    This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned here are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.

Thanks

DerekKirbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DerekKirbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wow strong spoon feeding!

lol I kid. Nice thread (yet again).
    is it possible to sub leg presses for squats if you have bad knees?

DerekKirbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DerekKirbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Solnishko View Post
    Is it possible that weights can be more or less than it says on it?
    i've wondered the same thing with bars

Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    That isnt good at all i think that you are right, there are trainers out there that dont know sh.it but anything but mainly im talking bout from australia so then i cant talk for India, US UK etc but i to do see some real good trainers out there.
    perhaps some of the problems are due to differences in terminology? Just a guess...

BigDigga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What do you think about doing all these exercises every other day incorporated with cardio and ab training.

CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you replace a barbell benchpress with a dumbbell press instead, it will have the same result. right?

MikeyLightning has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nice info. Thanks!

sparky1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sparky1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sparky1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like it dude. You got all the big ones down and i'm happy you started with squats (as they are the single greatest exercise ever).
    http://www.Metaltraining.com

Sparky

sparky1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sparky1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sparky1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CornXSkull View Post
    if you replace a barbell benchpress with a dumbbell press instead, it will have the same result. right?

When you do the DB bench you get more pec activation and more stabilizer muscles come into play because you have to control two separate (heavy) weights that can turn on you easily. You hit your pecs more directly because you give have a much greater range of motion with DB bench
    http://www.Metaltraining.com

Sparky

JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    good post thanks

mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys, I've just started bodybuilding around 2 months ago and know how fundamental the deadlift is, and the technique. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me any feedback on my technique, cos I wanna be more confident in my movement before I add weights.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdge7z_deadlifts_sport
    (its on daily motion cos i couldn't upload to youtube for some reason)

Thanks alot, definitely reps for any comments, even criticism.

DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Everybody in this thread needs to get Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. It will show you form and other tricks/advice on how to perform the lift as efficient and correct possible.

I'm ganna train 3 times a week:

Workout A:

Squats
    Bench
    Rows

Workout B:

Deadlift
    Overhead press
    Pull ups

progressive pyramid loading on these exercises (Hypertrophy & Strength).

I also implemented a crossfit/circuit training day for conditioning and fat loss.

should be pretty sick.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by james9167 View Post
    The routine of aerobic exercise should follow a warming-up session since the body should not be put through a sudden bout of strenuous activity. The body should be warmed up so that there is no strain on muscles and joints. Five minutes of stretching exercises, or calisthenics, help to increase the suppleness of the joints and muscles.

Toe touching exercises, sit ups, push ups, side bends, are exercise that can be done before aerobics. Similarly, there should be a period of cooling down after aerobics, so that the body is made ready for rest. The body has to be brought down to normal after heightened activity. This can be a five-minute period of walking or slow jogging, so that the body is gradually brought to rest. Only after the body has cooled down and perspiration stopped, should one take a shower.
    Source:
    healthcure4life.com
    Originally Posted by james9167 View Post
    The routine of aerobic exercise should follow a warming-up session since the body should not be put through a sudden bout of strenuous activity. The body should be warmed up so that there is no strain on muscles and joints. Five minutes of stretching exercises, or calisthenics, help to increase the suppleness of the joints and muscles.

Toe touching exercises, sit ups, push ups, side bends, are exercise that can be done before aerobics. Similarly, there should be a period of cooling down after aerobics, so that the body is made ready for rest. The body has to be brought down to normal after heightened activity. This can be a five-minute period of walking or slow jogging, so that the body is gradually brought to rest. Only after the body has cooled down and perspiration stopped, should one take a shower.
    Source:
    healthcure4life.com
    Who THE F^** is talking about Aerobics?

Get your spam outta my thread.

Negged.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Criscofats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Criscofats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Criscofats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Criscofats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Criscofats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Criscofats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Criscofats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Criscofats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Criscofats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Criscofats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Criscofats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is definitely a very helpful thread, I've just started adding the big lifts to my routine (squat, dead, rows) and all the technique advice is always great, thanks for this post it helped clear a few things up for me

rowanat01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow

Hello,I am rowan atkinson. I agree with you.
    Hi,
    This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned here are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone. I have a few other ideas, but when you have some free time...
    Thanks
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    rowanat01

rowanat01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body Building

Hello,I am rowan atkinson. I agree with you.
    Hi,
    This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned here are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone. I have a few other ideas, but when you have some free time...
    Thanks
    ----------------------------------------------------------

rowanat01

mattygaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattygaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattygaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattygaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattygaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattygaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattygaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattygaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattygaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattygaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattygaul is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm sorry if you guys have already mentioned this somewhere, but with the T-Bar Row, should I be leaning back with my knees bent? Or what?

dazag15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    def one of the most help full things ive seen for lifting thanks i was doing my bench really badly no technique and im still wondering about squats and dead lifts i think my technique is really bad on those as well but ill work on it