Closed Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Gearsy View Post
    As a true noob to all of this thanks for the info vox, will help me alot with my form. Been reading my self stupid since joining. For other new guys like me, the answers are here, just takes some time and initiative to find them. Now if I can figure out how to rep I'll be sending it your way vox, thanks again and all of the guys here giving new guys alot of info.
    Keep with that attitude, and you'll go far! There is a wealth of information on here, if you take the time to seek it out.

Good Luck!
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

wladimirov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    very helpfull!!
    One can't move without one's body.
    One can't seduce without one's body.
    One's body is never the other's.

Solnishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it possible that weights can be more or less than it says on it?

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Solnishko View Post
    Is it possible that weights can be more or less than it says on it?
    Free weights are generally pretty accurate. With machines, however, there may be an inherent mechanical advantage (due to various pulleys or levers, etc.) that makes the weight you are actually moving different than what might be written on the weight stack.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

dchou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I agree completely. The basics are plenty enough info for newbs. If any of them are still training after 3 months, then they're probably interested enough to do some research on their own, and may actually benefit from some additional details.

I see much posting by skinny kids, asking about minor details of training that even a Pro wouldn't be bothered with. Over-thinking seems to be the order of the day on this, and other forums on this site.

It isn't rocket science, people. Train. Eat. Rest. Repeat.
    I really enjoy deadlifts.

Solnishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you =)

weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks

mountainstone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanx Vox. This is incredibly helpful to noobs like me.

samanthayee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's an informative post.

BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    those vids posted with the barbell rows didn't seem to go with the link for further information you posted.

The body builder was at a 45 degree angle while the t-bar guy was way high, when the article says that the body should be near parallel. also the bodybuilder guy was pulling to the stomach, while the article says to pull for the chest. Lastly, the article says to deweight/deload after every rep while both of the videos are continuous motions.

sorry but the vids go against the article. it seems like all you did was a quick youtube search and posted the first 2 videos you saw. or a copy pasta.

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by BeastingBeast View Post
    those vids posted with the barbell rows didn't seem to go with the link for further information you posted.

The body builder was at a 45 degree angle while the t-bar guy was way high, when the article says that the body should be near parallel. also the bodybuilder guy was pulling to the stomach, while the article says to pull for the chest. Lastly, the article says to deweight/deload after every rep while both of the videos are continuous motions.

sorry but the vids go against the article. it seems like all you did was a quick youtube search and posted the first 2 videos you saw. or a copy pasta.

If you want to nit pick and criticize, go ahead and write your own guide and find your own vids. The point here was to give noobs a starting place. If that doesn't apply to you, go ahead and move on to something more your speed, chief.

This thread has 20K+ views and numerous positive comments. Way to be a douche.
    -

GottaBeatCrohns has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GottaBeatCrohns has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GottaBeatCrohns has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GottaBeatCrohns has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GottaBeatCrohns has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GottaBeatCrohns has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GottaBeatCrohns has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GottaBeatCrohns has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GottaBeatCrohns has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GottaBeatCrohns has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Stop reply quoting the whole thread!
    Work out enough, and you can eat ANYTHING! Mwuhahahaaaaa

Herbalexcel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    After 6 months of gym, i have some pain on my back, why that! I work like 3 days per week with constant breaks. And all the time a do weights!!

mukundh3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mukundh3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good read, thanks

RockingGoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good one, thanks!

po_scc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) po_scc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) po_scc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) po_scc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) po_scc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) po_scc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Herbalexcel View Post
    After 6 months of gym, i have some pain on my back, why that! I work like 3 days per week with constant breaks. And all the time a do weights!!
    Perhaps it's in your stretching technique. You need to make sure you stretch properly to avoid injury, and it can also hinder your progress if you don't stretch properly.

curtis1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curtis1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curtis1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curtis1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curtis1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curtis1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curtis1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curtis1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curtis1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curtis1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curtis1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea stretching is very very important to avoid injury and gain from your workouts

aboutmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aboutmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aboutmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aboutmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aboutmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aboutmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aboutmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aboutmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aboutmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aboutmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aboutmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great post you have definatly outlined some of the most important exercises especially for beginners. thanks for the info

sircaleb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sircaleb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sircaleb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sircaleb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sircaleb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sircaleb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sircaleb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sircaleb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sircaleb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sircaleb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sircaleb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BeastingBeast View Post

Are you serious?

Well, this is my copy and paste talents right here..

"Notes & Final Thoughts:

1. The videos I chose are ones I could find without wasting my entire day. I'm sure there are better ones, but these should give the basic idea of proper form. If you have a better one, please feel free to post it. "

chargrill44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chargrill44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chargrill44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you! Wish I would have read this thread years ago. I've been going to the gym consistently for a long time but have avoided some of these "must do" presses like squats. Now that I have done them (for about 2 weeks) I am seeing nice results in my fitness (along with improving my diet). Very helpful.

TUUNER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post. Been training for 10 years now and I'm constantly amazed at what I see at the gym. That said, I used to make the same mistakes until I realized how important the compound lifts are to development. Cleaned up my act about 4 years ago with proper form ala Rippetoe.

Kim2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kim2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Very very helpful thank you for posting!

Kind of a nooooob so this cleared up alot of questions I had

.international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hahaha Dave Tate is the funniest human being on earth.

dtracy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I didn't see real gains in my body until I incorporated dead lifts into my workout. Awesome post!

KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000)
    thanks for the info

JamesBackford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why do people here always think newbies don't WANT to squat, deadlift etc.?

This is not the case, i believe. Most people i talked to don't do these exercises because they don't have a personal trainer/person who knows these exercises well enough to explain them.

And they simply don't want to do them without a trainer in fear of doing them wrong and messing up their backs and knees and whatnot.

Guess i'm saving up for some personal training sessions =)
    great post though.

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JamesBackford View Post
    Why do people here always think newbies don't WANT to squat, deadlift etc.?

This is not the case, i believe. Most people i talked to don't do these exercises because they don't have a personal trainer/person who knows these exercises well enough to explain them.

And they simply don't want to do them without a trainer in fear of doing them wrong and messing up their backs and knees and whatnot.

Guess i'm saving up for some personal training sessions =)
    great post though.
    Because lots of them don't.

I never had a trainer show me how to squat or deadlift. I read, watched vids, and started light (as in, bar only). I shoot video of myself from time to time to double check my form. If you want to do it badly enough, it's a simple matter to teach yourself. Many personal trainers (depending on how lucky you are) don't know any more about deadlifting properly than anyone else.
    -

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    Because lots of them don't.

I never had a trainer show me how to squat or deadlift. I read, watched vids, and started light (as in, bar only). I shoot video of myself from time to time to double check my form. If you want to do it badly enough, it's a simple matter to teach yourself. Many personal trainers (depending on how lucky you are) don't know any more about deadlifting properly than anyone else.
    What are you basing that on, can i ask?
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    What are you basing that on, can i ask?
    Stories from other people and personal experience.
    -

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    Stories from other people and personal experience.
    ^ I'd go with that.

I-Life, just like anhy other profession, there is good and bad poeple in the career fields. I've seen many great trainers, and many piss poor trainers. It is just the way of the world. Just like you could hire two different roofers, and they are on two different skill levels.

Also, I never had anyone show me how to deadlift or squat. I just jumped in and tried it out.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493