Closed Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by FrazerPrescott View Post
    Didnt want to start a new thread for such a small queastion and it kinda links back to the op. I use the overhand underhand grip for deadlifts. Just wondering if you need to alternate which hand is under and which is over??
    I suppose the "best" answer would be to alternate, but I honestly don't think it makes that much of a difference. Personally, I just use whatever grip feels most "natural" that day.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Didnt want to start a new thread for such a small queastion and it kinda links back to the op. I use the overhand underhand grip for deadlifts. Just wondering if you need to alternate which hand is under and which is over??
    it doesnt really matter, just use whatever you feel most comfortable with. youre training your back and legs, not your forearms.
    Soon to be updated:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119479461

MUFC supporter actually from Manchester
    rep [and neg] back 500+

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You didn't need to start a new thread, or ask in this thread. If you searched, you would've found a plethora of threads on that very subject.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    good post vox, gotta a few pointers for the shoulder press from it.
    cant rep you for a while i guess, must spread it around lol

Dryske has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Extremely usefull thread, now i know why i messed up my rotator cuff on the bench. Now im stuck with dumb bells for who knows how long. wish i would have seen the dave tate vid years ago.

ToughNickPro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shoulder press

I am 15, and really dont want to hurt my back, can I do shoulder press seated with dumbells? That would help more i believe, if not please explain.

Thanks.
    \,,/=(^_^)=\,,/

...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Fantastic thread Vox!

jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ToughNickPro View Post
    I am 15, and really dont want to hurt my back, can I do shoulder press seated with dumbells? That would help more i believe, if not please explain.

Thanks.
    Overhead press with a barbell is better for muscle balance and it is better to do it standing because you are using your back muscles and abs to maintain an erect posture. Also you can cheat a little on the last rep with your legs if you have to.

Also, nice thread
    (let's not derail things)

HealthXpert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HealthXpert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HealthXpert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HealthXpert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HealthXpert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HealthXpert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HealthXpert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HealthXpert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HealthXpert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HealthXpert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HealthXpert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can a invoice user how has just started can go for these steps....
    Fuelthemind for healthy Life.......

effortliss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) effortliss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) effortliss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) effortliss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) effortliss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) effortliss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) effortliss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nice info vox, hope to learn from this stuff since I'm new and all!

tdpubs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You've got a down right...

These exercises by themselves can take you far. If you're just starting out or like me, starting over; this is exactly what you need to do to get your body into the shape it takes to pack on muscle.
    Getting fit and getting strong, that's what it's all about.

squat_oz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squat_oz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squat_oz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "You can leg press, but thats gay"
    lol

OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Barbell rows

Just wanted to say that barbell rows and military presses are harder than they look! But I like concentrating on proper form and tightness in proper areas of the body instead of looking around wondering what everyone thinks because who cares anyways. . .

I'm trying not to hurt myself.

cib0_madu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cib0_madu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the info! was a great help.

pivo154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pivo154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pivo154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pivo154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pivo154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pivo154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pivo154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pivo154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pivo154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pivo154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pivo154 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice vids!

Arkadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arkadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arkadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arkadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arkadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arkadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arkadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arkadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arkadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arkadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arkadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

subscribed. good stuff here for sure. <3 compounds

Registered Loser jeromethechicken's Avatar
    jeromethechicken has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeromethechicken has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeromethechicken has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeromethechicken has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeromethechicken has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeromethechicken has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeromethechicken has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeromethechicken has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeromethechicken has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeromethechicken has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeromethechicken has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome thread! I made the mistake of not getting serious with squats when I first started. I found out that, while leg presses are a great way to supplement my leg routine, nothing builds a great foundation like squats.
    #53 1\*

"I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." Arnold Schwarzenegger

ckirsch714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks OP for all of the info. My high school football coaches (of all people) never took the time to teach proper form when performing these lifts so I need all the help I can get. My Rippetoe book and dvd are in the mail, but this thread and many others have made for some good reading as I prepare to lift. Much appreciated!

benchbig1day has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vids and Signatures wanted

hey everyone,

let me know if you have any personal vids of workouts, etc. -- I am looking to buy some signatures too. Email me, it's in my profile.

thanks,

Frank

sixfootone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    very good read. dave tate's explanation was very helpful
    Love the Pain!

PhreshStylez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhreshStylez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Very helpful tips, thanks

ALLNECK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ALLNECK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ALLNECK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ALLNECK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ALLNECK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ALLNECK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ALLNECK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ALLNECK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ALLNECK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ALLNECK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ALLNECK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great thread

Yes. I'm bigger than you. hessunit's Avatar
    hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would say alternate. Also, not everyone can use an alternate grip effectively. It depends on your musculature and joint mobility to a great degree. For me to do an alternate grip (which DOES help me lift heavier) it throws my shoulders out of square too much (so they are not sitting horizontal so to speak). To me, this makes the lift more dangerous. I say go with straps if this is the case, but not till your heavy sets.
    Lift smart.

I rear ended a car this morning...the driver that got out of the other car was a dwarf !!
    He looked up at me and said "I am NOT Happy!"
    So I said, "Well, which one ARE you then?"
    That's how the fight started.

"The two best activities for your health are pumping and humping"
    Arnold Swarzenegger

....done. Phew.

Registered User TexasHeadHunter's Avatar
    TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great post - very helpful

BIGEOD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for posting this up VoxExMachina. It allowed me to correct a few mistakes on my lifts.

Registered User TheCartographer's Avatar
    TheCartographer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCartographer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCartographer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCartographer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCartographer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCartographer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCartographer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCartographer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCartographer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCartographer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCartographer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Vox that really helped.

iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500)
    Sorry to say, but that squat video is fail. Many flaws in his form, just look at the comments on youtube for the video.

Calisthenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calisthenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calisthenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calisthenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wheres the pullup bar dude? lol builds muscle endurance

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Calisthenic View Post
    Wheres the pullup bar dude? lol builds muscle endurance
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    5. Pullups & Chinups:

Pullups (palms facing away) and Chinups (palms facing toward you), are also good mass-building exercises for your back. We all know how to do these from grade school (along with the Flex-arm-hang, right?)

There's not a lot of mystery here. Grab a bar and pull yourself up. If you can't do a pullup/chinup (or can't do many), place a chair under the bar and put one foot on the chair. As you pull yourself up, use your leg to assist you. When you reach the top, stop assisting yourself and lower yourself using just your arms.

Think about bringing the bar to your chest (not just eye level), and lean back slightly at the top of the movement. Don't swing your body, or "kip" yourself up with your hips. Use slow, controlled movements.

Once these become easy to do with just body weight, you can do them weighted with a dip belt, or with a dumbell between your feet. (Or small children hanging from you).

For More Information:
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/.../WtPullup.html
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...9&postcount=19 <-- Read this!
    ?? Did you read the post?
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Gearsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gearsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gearsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gearsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gearsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gearsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gearsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gearsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gearsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gearsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gearsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As a true noob to all of this thanks for the info vox, will help me alot with my form. Been reading my self stupid since joining. For other new guys like me, the answers are here, just takes some time and initiative to find them. Now if I can figure out how to rep I'll be sending it your way vox, thanks again and all of the guys here giving new guys alot of info.