Thread: novice

Paulb47 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question novice

Hi guys ! I started going for the first time in my life to the gym 2 weeks ago . I've been doing all body workouts with 1 day rest in between . I started reading about all sorts of exercises and "best ways" and it's really kind of confusing so I don't know how to start and what to do . I read about a technique where you lift your heavy set first and then reduce the weights and lift until exhaustion . Does that work ? I have the nutrition part and rest figured out , but it's the exercise part I need help with .

Also , I've been training mainly with machines , not free weights . How does that affect my progress ?

Thanks in advance ,

Paul

ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If what you're stuck on is the exercise part, try using one of the routines that's already been created here in one of the stickies to guide you. A lot easier using someone who's more experienced than trying to figure it out on your own.