Closed Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    anthonytruth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anthonytruth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anthonytruth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anthonytruth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anthonytruth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anthonytruth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anthonytruth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anthonytruth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anthonytruth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anthonytruth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anthonytruth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    true

rafay_89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Q: What exercise should I do for (insert body part here)? I don't know how to do (insert exercise here).
    A: Do a Search, please, before creating a thread. Also go here: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Q: Should I use a full body routine or a split routine?
    A: Generally speaking, new lifters can benefit more from a full-body routine done multiple times per week, and based around compound movements. Advanced lifters, who have the strength, intensity, and mind-muscle connection to handle higher workloads need more recovery time and so will benefit from a multi-day split. Try this as a starting point:

0-18 months lifting: Full-body routine done 3 times per week based around compound movements.
    18-36 months lifting: Upper Body / Lower Body or Push / Pull split done twice per week (4 lifting days)
    36+ months lifting: 3 or 4 day split routine

Get more advice here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=115643271

Q: I want to work out intelligently and make steady progress. How should I proceed?
    A:
    - Do some research and select your routine (see thread listed above as a starting point).
    - If you've selected Starting Strength, HST, or some other established routine, follow it exactly for a least the first time through.
    - Keep a journal detailing each exercise, how many reps you completed, and what weights you used.
    - Each week, focus on making "progression" from the previous week.
    .....Example: If you were supposed to bench press 180 lbs for 3 sets of 8, then note in your log what you did.
    .....If you did 180x8, 180x8, 180x5 (you couldn't complete the last set of 8), then the next week try to complete all three sets of 8.
    .....Once you have hit 180x8, 180x8, 180x8, then add 5-10 lbs. the next week.

- Every 6 weeks or so, de-load by dropping all your weights by 50% or take a week off entirely. The following week, pick up where you left off. This lets you recover from accumulated fatigue of your muscles and central nervous system.

- Be honest with yourself. If you can't complete a rep with good form, then don't count it. Don't add weight if it only means you're compromising your form. You're only cheating yourself, not impressing anyone else.

Q: What's the difference between Compound and Isolation exercises and which should I do?
    A: Compound exercises work multiple muscle groups at once (Example: squat, deadlift, bench press). Isolation exercises work a single muscle or muscle group. (Example: preacher curls, leg extensions, tricep pressdowns). Try to use compound exercises as the core of your routine to add mass, and then add specific isolation exercises to further your specific goals. A common mistake by beginners is to ignore the majority of the compound exercises and focus too much on isolation exercises for their "mirror" muscles (biceps, abs, etc.).

Q: Why are squats and deadlifts recommended so often?
    A: Compound movements, which work multiple muscle groups at the same time, promote overall strength and hypertrophy and are very efficient in terms of gym-time. Squats and Deadlifts are the ones most beginners shy away from since they can be "intimidating", but they are very beneficial. The primary compound lifts are:
    - Squats
    - Deadlifts
    - Bench Press
    - Rows (barbell, t-bar, etc.)
    - Pullups, Chinups, & Dips
    - Military Press / Seated Overhead Press

You can and will get big by doing these exercises. Please learn and use good form on these exercises!

Q: How many sets and reps should I do of each exercise?
    A: There is no perfect answer, and there is a place for a great variety of set and rep ranges. Different people and different muscle types respond to different stimulus, so you should experiment to see what works for you. However, general guidelines are as follows:

Do 3-5 sets of 4-6 reps to build strength
    Do 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps for hypertrophy
    Do 4-5 sets of 12-15+ reps for muscular endurance

Your best bet is to vary your set and rep ranges, since the above is not any sort of "absolute". You will gain some degree of size and strength by following the rule of progression with any rep range.

Q: How long should I rest between sets?
    A: This depends on your goals and the exercise in question. Whatever rest period you choose, try to keep it constant week to week. This will help you ensure strength gains are not just the result of longer and longer rest periods. Very generally:

90-120 seconds for heavy, compound exercises
    60-90 seconds for heavy isolation exercises or medium compound exercises
    30-60 seconds for medium or light weight endurance type sets

Adjust these based on your own needs once you gain experience.

Q: Is (insert exercise here) necessary?
    A: No. No exercise is necessary.

Q: I've been working out regularly and am getting stronger, but I'm not getting any bigger.
    A: Eat more. Seriously.

Q: I've plateaued on (insert exercise here) what should I do?
    A: If you've been stuck on at a certain weight on a certain exercise for 3-4 weeks in a row then try this:

- Take a week off, either entirely or of any work on the muscle group in question.
    - Drop your weight about 20% from where you were stuck
    - Each week add back 5-10 lbs to your lift until you've reached and exceeded your sticking point.
    - Also make sure you are eating enough and resting enough.

Q: How do I get visible abs?
    A: You have to drop your body fat to see your abs. Forget about mindless repetitions of crunches. You can't spot reduce fat, you have to drop your overall fat level through proper nutrition.

Q: What do I do if I can't do a pullup/chinup (or only a few)?
    A: Set a chair under your pullup bar and place one foot on the chair. As you do a pullup, assist yourself with your leg just enough to enable you to do the exercise. After you reach the top, stop using your leg and lower yourself with only your arms (this is a negative). Repeat. Lat pulldowns will also help, but are not a complete substitute for practicing with the chair and negatives.

Q: Should I train to Failure? What does that mean, anyway?
    A: Training to failure means performing an exercise until you cannot physically complete another repetition. There are many different takes on training to failure. Generally, this technique works better for advanced lifters, and when used selectively. It is not necessary to train to failure to grow. If you are training a muscle group multiple times per week (such as on a multi-day full-body routine), you will be better stopping 1-2 reps shy of failure and focusing more on progressing your weight and reps week-to-week. Leave failure training to those who are advanced enough to know if it works for them.

Q: What's all this stuff about "Overtraining"?
    A: When you train too often, at too high of an intensity, and don't allow enough recovery time, you can enter a state called Overtraining. You've essentially over-taxed your system and need to take a break to recover. Symptoms include: stalling out on your progression, no desire to train, illness, fatigue, etc.

If you think you're overtraining...don't worry - you're probably not.
    If you still think you're overtraining...don't worry - you're probably not.
    If you still, still think you're overtraining and are too tired to even worry about it - maybe you are. Deload.

Q: I may have an injury. (State nature of injury). What should I do?
    A: Give it some rest, ask your mother, or see a doctor. Nobody can diagnose you over the internet and you're likely to hurt yourself further by listening to bad advice.

DISCLAIMER: Many people have made strength and size gains with almost any type of program, split, rep range, program frequency, etc. Nothing is absolute, and no strategy is perfect for everyone. Don't be afraid to research, ask questions, and experiment to determine what's right for you.
    One HECK of an article ... literally enjoyed reading it ... n many of my doubts and question were cleared ... GOOD JOB .... (Y)
    -- There is no force more powerful than the will to live --

dhsaio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dhsaio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dhsaio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dhsaio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dhsaio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dhsaio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dhsaio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dhsaio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dhsaio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hmm

ricky4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hello all

hi wel im ricky age 21,,height 5'10 body weight 69kgs...im working out from past 3 yrs on and off,,im in a gud shape,,,bt i need a good size n wanna gain weight can anyone help me in supplements,,which type of suppliments should i need....already i used true mass,,creatine n all bfr,,can any1 suggest me any others[wat should i take for gaining weight n size,,]..here my stats

bench press-----120kgs wit 4 reps
    deadlift---------130kgs wit 3 reps
    squat----------120kgs wit 6 reps

LucienLachance is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucienLachance is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucienLachance is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucienLachance is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucienLachance is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucienLachance is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucienLachance is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucienLachance is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucienLachance is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucienLachance is on a distinguished road. (+10) LucienLachance is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting this

grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hellow! Which are best exercises for back density?

Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by grahulino View Post
    Hellow! Which are best exercises for back density?
    Any that build back strength. Most directly, that includes pull downs, rows, and the variations thereof. Including the other major compund lifts will help on the periphery.

grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you!

PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How Long?

Quick Question: Hey I know everybodys different but how long does it usually take to get fit. I'm at 217 pounds and am looking to do a total body transformation.

How long will it take to get abs, muscles and all that?

Thanks!

Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PinkFloyd123 View Post
    Quick Question: Hey I know everybodys different but how long does it usually take to get fit. I'm at 217 pounds and am looking to do a total body transformation.

How long will it take to get abs, muscles and all that?

Thanks!
    Short answer: It varies. A lot. Especially without knowing what sort of routine you'll be doing, or how you're eating.

But in my experience, though a total transformation takes months, or even a few years, you can get visible results much quicker.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Beech27 View Post
    Short answer: It varies. A lot. Especially without knowing what sort of routine you'll be doing, or how you're eating.

But in my experience, though a total transformation takes months, or even a few years, you can get visible results much quicker.
    ^ That's pretty much it. It depends on how "out of shape" you are to begin with, whether you were muscular previously (ex-athlete), how dedicated and consistent you are, what you consider to be a "total transformation", etc.

It's best to work as hard as you can, but set your expectations low and be surprised. Those who expect miracles over a couple of months are usually disappointed and often stop the effort right there. If you view it as a long-term transformation, you're much more likely to achieve your goals and will make better decisions about your training.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

JackLacura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dips and Pullups

Why do some people do weighted dips and pull ups instead of just doing more reps of pull ups and dips?

Wouldn't doing more reps make you strong also?

Does adding weight add more mass than doing higher reps of pull ups and dips without adding weight?

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JackLacura View Post
    Why do some people do weighted dips and pull ups instead of just doing more reps of pull ups and dips?

Wouldn't doing more reps make you strong also?

Does adding weight add more mass than doing higher reps of pull ups and dips without adding weight?
    You'll get stronger in that rep range.

Generally the best mass gains come in the 6-12 range. you can grow as long as you improve in any rep range.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

broot88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) broot88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) broot88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) broot88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) broot88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) broot88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) broot88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) broot88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) broot88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) broot88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) broot88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i really appreciate this thread it really helps out a beginner like me, thanks again

cvjester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This might seem like a dumb question but I’m confused so I got to ask. Hot many exercises should you do for one muscle. Meaning, if you’re doing bench press which really hits the mid pectorals, is it ok to do flat bench dumb bell presses later in your work out? I’m not talking about reps and sets, I’m saying after you’re done with that, should I do a second round of something different?

Thanks for your help!

A beginner.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by cvjester View Post
    This might seem like a dumb question but I’m confused so I got to ask. Hot many exercises should you do for one muscle. Meaning, if you’re doing bench press which really hits the mid pectorals, is it ok to do flat bench dumb bell presses later in your work out? I’m not talking about reps and sets, I’m saying after you’re done with that, should I do a second round of something different?

Thanks for your help!

A beginner.
    There is no right or wrong answer to that question. Very generally speaking, try to pick exercises which are complimentary for any particular muscle group. For example, if you do flat barbell bench press, then incline DB presses would likely be a better second exercise than more flat work since they will hit the pecs in a different way.

For a larger muscle group, 2-4 exercises work pretty well. For a smaller muscle group, 1-2 is probably enough.

However, it all depends on your goals and what works for you.

If you're looking for a good starter routine, try this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

cvjester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks! Sometimes before Im ready to leave I feel like I should do one more exercise for whatever body part im on that day. Not that I havent done enough already b/c I know im working to failure, but after switching to another bodypart for awhile my energy is back.

Barbie22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbie22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbie22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbie22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbie22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbie22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbie22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbie22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbie22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbie22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbie22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Love the info here very helpful..
    LIFE IS SHORT SO LIVE IT WELL: LOVE MADLY, LIVE FIERCLY,AND LAUGH CONSTANTLY. :)

royalina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will try you way to keep our health,more exercise,more health...........

Reformed Trollface MOSteelers56's Avatar
    MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Is there any difference in regular stance squats and wider stance?

Is it going to put more emphasis on anything else?
    -_-Metal Jerk Crew-_-

I heart 128(no homo)

Probably will rep back, just try and see

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MOSteelers56 View Post
    Is there any difference in regular stance squats and wider stance?

Is it going to put more emphasis on anything else?
    wider = more hamstring emphasis.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

Reformed Trollface MOSteelers56's Avatar
    MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MOSteelers56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    wider = more hamstring emphasis.
    That's what I thought.

Thanks brah.
    -_-Metal Jerk Crew-_-

I heart 128(no homo)

Probably will rep back, just try and see

Registered User only4theweak187's Avatar
    only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    [b]
    [b]
    Q: How many sets and reps should I do of each exercise?
    A: There is no perfect answer, and there is a place for a great variety of set and rep ranges. Different people and different muscle types respond to different stimulus, so you should experiment to see what works for you. However, general guidelines are as follows:

Do 3-5 sets of 4-6 reps to build strength

[/i]
    So, If i was trying to build strength, and did say 3 sets of 6 reps for a bench press for instance... i would do 3 WORK SETS at 6 reps, along with a couple sets of light warmup sets right?

What i mean is this doesn't include warmup sets right? it means 3-5 WORK SETS of 4-6 reps to build strength.. correct?

Thanks

Originally Posted by only4theweak187 View Post
    So, If i was trying to build strength, and did say 3 sets of 6 reps for a bench press for instance... i would do 3 WORK SETS at 6 reps, along with a couple sets of light warmup sets right?

What i mean is this doesn't include warmup sets right? it means 3-5 WORK SETS of 4-6 reps to build strength.. correct?

Thanks
    Correct.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

Teramassud is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teramassud is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teramassud is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teramassud is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teramassud is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teramassud is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teramassud is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teramassud is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teramassud is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teramassud is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teramassud is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bring.doom View Post
    I like this post. good job. Im gonna have to keep reading it until its religion.
    ditto

keithhodge74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithhodge74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithhodge74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithhodge74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithhodge74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithhodge74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great advice!!! compound movements are best for building muscle!!

keithhodge74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithhodge74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithhodge74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithhodge74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithhodge74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithhodge74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think the supplements you are taking are fine...you probably just need to eat more your daily caloric intake must be higher than the calories you burn a day....you can't gain one ounce of muscle if you dont end the day in a calorie surplus....eat lean meats and good carbs such as brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole grain wheat bread, peanut butter and stay away from bad carbs so you dont put on to much fat like white bread, white potatoes, candy, cakes, cookies, sodas etc

same here I like this post. good job. Im gonna have to keep reading it until its religion.

Ericortiz2790 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive been working out for about 8 months on and off but ive been hitting it hard since the new year.
    here is my routine

mon-Legs and Bis
    tues- Shoulders
    wed-back and tris
    thur-off
    fri-off
    sat-chest and tris
    sun-Legs and Bis

I keep a workout log now and I see strength gains but not to much size gains. Can you help me out?

Originally Posted by Ericortiz2790 View Post
    ive been working out for about 8 months on and off but ive been hitting it hard since the new year.
    here is my routine

mon-Legs and Bis
    tues- Shoulders
    wed-back and tris
    thur-off
    fri-off
    sat-chest and tris
    sun-Legs and Bis

I keep a workout log now and I see strength gains but not to much size gains. Can you help me out?
    Eat more.

You've only been lifting for 1 month. Have more patience.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -