Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    powerfreak131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Smitz View Post
    Yeah that's a possibility - my bi's feel pretty pumped on back days too
    Biceps are often a secondary muscle group when it comes to a lot of back exercises. If you have the diagrams on any of the machines, look at how often biceps are shaded in on back exercises.

Same thing for triceps and chest exercises.

Smitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by powerfreak131 View Post
    Biceps are often a secondary muscle group when it comes to a lot of back exercises. If you have the diagrams on any of the machines, look at how often biceps are shaded in on back exercises.

Same thing for triceps and chest exercises.
    Yeah you're right. I think I've over-trained them. But when you're "overtrained" does it mean your whole body is overtrained or can it just be your bi's that are overtrained? The rest of my body is coming on good...

powerfreak131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah you're right. I think I've over-trained them. But when you're "overtrained" does it mean your whole body is overtrained or can it just be your bi's that are overtrained? The rest of my body is coming on good...
    If you're seeing gains elsewhere, then your biceps may be the only thing being overtrained. If you weren't seeing gains anywhere, then it becomes more of a full body deal.

Change up the routine like the others have suggested. How you change it is up to you.

Messiah Of Entertainment Surfgod's Avatar
    Surfgod is not very well liked. (-100) Surfgod is not very well liked. (-100) Surfgod is not very well liked. (-100) Surfgod is not very well liked. (-100) Surfgod is not very well liked. (-100) Surfgod is not very well liked. (-100) Surfgod is not very well liked. (-100) Surfgod is not very well liked. (-100) Surfgod is not very well liked. (-100) Surfgod is not very well liked. (-100) Surfgod is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have a question. If you were to take No Explode for vascularity would it keep the pump all the time?

SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Surfgod View Post
    I have a question. If you were to take No Explode for vascularity would it keep the pump all the time?
    No.

jtlfive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Be Nice!

Originally Posted by ridley89 View Post
    If your really 33 your not real smart.

Your biceps are pumped because of the increased amount of blood going through them when you are working them that will not stay like that once the blood is gone.

Whats your routine look like? I bet your training biceps twice a week with all those exercises and for back your doing about 2 exercises once a week.
    First of all, before casting the first stone, It should have been written as the following demonstrates. "If you're (not your) really 33, you're (not your) not real smart. (needs some work but for the time being I will let it go).

Your bicep's(possessive, plural: or biceps') Long sentence needs to be segmented into clear thoughts.

As for the training, the best work out is high reps. They are fast twitch muscles like the calves and respond better to high intensity, low rep high weight/resistance traing. Working them twice a week is a great method. The problem is most of the workouts out there train the brachialus and take the stress off the biceps. Get rid of hammer curls, incline curls get rid of and replace with decline curls. Sit on a decine bench dumbells to your sides. Now, one arm at a time curl up using the bicep only. Now to really get the burn and bicep working, rotate your pinky finger up above level or as far as you can take it. This will Isolate the bicep's and the results will be phenomenal. Then take a barbell bar curl up half way, due three 4 inch reps, complete curl by going to top of the curl. Bring the bar down halfway (parralel to floor) due three 4 inch reps and bring the bar down. That's one set. Try to do 8 sets. Don't get discouraged if you can't. But do work through the pain. You will be in agony the first day, but it will get easier. Use a lighter weight, of course. You will gain at least 2-3 inches of real size in 4 to six weaks.Don't forget to work the triceps. They are 2/3rds of your arm size!

jtlfive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really want to regain my big biceps and keep switching up my routine in a desperate attempt to revive them! When I work them out, they look big and pumped and then a few hours later they've gone! Somebody please help!!!
    What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any advice/tips you can offer...thank you!
    Originally Posted by ridley89 View Post
    If your really 33 your not real smart.

Your biceps are pumped because of the increased amount of blood going through them when you are working them that will not stay like that once the blood is gone.

Whats your routine look like? I bet your training biceps twice a week with all those exercises and for back your doing about 2 exercises once a week.
    First of all, before casting the first stone, It should have been written as the following demonstrates. "If you're (not your) really 33, you're (not your) not real smart. (needs some work but for the time being I will let it go).

Your bicep's(possessive, plural: or biceps') Long sentence needs to be segmented into clear thoughts.

As for the training, the best work out is high reps. They are fast twitch muscles like the calves and respond better to high intensity, low rep high weight/resistance traing. Working them twice a week is a great method. The problem is most of the workouts out there train the brachialus and take the stress off the biceps. Get rid of hammer curls, preacher/decline curls get rid of and replace with incline curls, done on on an incline bench that you use for incline benching. Sit on a incline bench dumbells to your sides. Now, one arm at a time curl up using the bicep only. Now to really get the burn and bicep working, rotate your pinky finger up above level or as far as you can take it. This will Isolate the bicep's. Due 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps and the results will be phenomenal. Then take a barbell bar curl up half way, due three 4 inch reps, complete curl by going to top of the curl. Bring the bar down halfway (parralel to floor) due three 4 inch reps and bring the bar down. That's one set. Try to do 2 sets, 6-12 reps. Don't get discouraged if you can't. But do work through the pain. You will be in agony the first day, but it will get easier. Use a lighter weight on the barbell of course. You will gain at least 2-3 inches of real size in 4 to six weaks. Don't forget to work the triceps. They are 2/3rds of your arm size!

JTL5
    Last edited by jtlfive; 12-02-2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: I needed to switch the benches, incline, decline..

Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000)
    But why aren't my cells growing??
    cuz they're lazy mofos. lol
    Getting me some gains

Lifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154103&p=103762993#post10302993
    My lifting gear part 1 (bodysolid power rack, bench, lat attachment) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1509633
    My lifting gear part 2 (bodypower weights, texas power bar) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151184793&p=1011390903#post10110903