Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lolzords is just really nice. (+1000) Lolzords is just really nice. (+1000) Lolzords is just really nice. (+1000) Lolzords is just really nice. (+1000) Lolzords is just really nice. (+1000) Lolzords is just really nice. (+1000) Lolzords is just really nice. (+1000) Lolzords is just really nice. (+1000) Lolzords is just really nice. (+1000) Lolzords is just really nice. (+1000) Lolzords is just really nice. (+1000)
    I get alot more respect from men, other guys recognize how hard it is to get big and ripped and are more openly impressed about it generally. Females wont actively approach you but definitely take notice and definitely like getting attention from you if you're not socially inept... It tends to be the bigger person's role to initiate conversation and show that they're friendly and relaxed ya know?

RobinReese27 is not very well liked. (-100) RobinReese27 is not very well liked. (-100) RobinReese27 is not very well liked. (-100) RobinReese27 is not very well liked. (-100) RobinReese27 is not very well liked. (-100) RobinReese27 is not very well liked. (-100) RobinReese27 is not very well liked. (-100) RobinReese27 is not very well liked. (-100) RobinReese27 is not very well liked. (-100) RobinReese27 is not very well liked. (-100) RobinReese27 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by selffirst View Post
    I think when you look and feel better......you show more confidence....that confidence is attractive to others....About being treated differently....I do get more attention since I have lost 45 pounds and I'm focusing on building mass....But I never forget the fact heavy,skinny, or ripped....I'm still a decent,friendly,respectful person.....Somethings never change.....Self
    Well said!

Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Since I got into bodybuilding a lot has changed,peoples perceptions alter and some out there don't like change,in you,in themselves,or things around them.On the bright side I get very favorable attention from many,even found my love interest thru it.

vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000)
    For sure getting bigger has a huge impact on your life, that's why bodybuilding is fuarking awesome. It makes you feel better, have more confidence, get more attention from people and whatnot. Also I think it's pretty refreshing to look in the mirror and appreciate and you see. You know the hard work was worth!
    It sucks that people judge by your looks at first sight, but that's how things are. Fortunately nowadays we got all the stuff we need to achieve our goals.

vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000) vinilzord is just really nice. (+1000)
    Double, sry
    Last edited by vinilzord; 12-03-2016 at 07:35 PM.

kaitronic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I cant help but notice that this thread was started in 2009, and is still being responded to in 2016...

I found de whey bruddas Originalcordawg's Avatar
    Originalcordawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Originalcordawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Originalcordawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Originalcordawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Originalcordawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Originalcordawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Originalcordawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Originalcordawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Originalcordawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Originalcordawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Originalcordawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In middle school I was 5'8 and 160
    In high school I was 6'4 and 145
    Now I'm closer to 215
    My granny says I'm more handsome now.

But Srs. I get asked for spots now which makes me feel great, and people you haven't seen since high school are always shocked. so yeah your confidence does grow.
    Team No Calves

Misc at work crew

Squats in the curl rack DanPaul7's Avatar
    DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's a fairly strong bump.

Was I treated differently after gaining muscle?... Tell you when I gain some.

junosboi99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the attention from ladies has definitely increased, especially when i wore a singlet to school. they seemed quite amused. Guys dont push me around anymore, the skinny skater kids who called me druggo when i was like 63kg look intimidated when i walk past them now. Probs cause seeing an asian with some muscle is rare lol (79kg @ 179cm which is like average outside of school)

just realized this thread was created in 2009.. huh
    Last edited by junosboi99; 12-05-2016 at 05:01 PM. Reason: lol wut

Ruffryderzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ruffryderzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ruffryderzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ruffryderzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ruffryderzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ruffryderzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ruffryderzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ruffryderzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ruffryderzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Something I forgot to mention is that you get eye balled a lot. This occurs at every social setting (gym, city centre, mall, hospital, park, etc) without fall. Some people show you more respect while others resort to being 'haters'. I'm saying this as a guy who dresses moderately and avoid tight stuff. Can imagine a lot more haters when you dress tank tops or tight shirts.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think the biggest thing is your own self confidence that you know you can handle yourself if faced with any challenges. the discipline it takes, and hard work gives sense of self confidence as well. A healthy ego is a good thing.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Truthisfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yup, i feel like people respected me more

Privileged cis white male TheExibo's Avatar
    TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Used to be a scrawny kid a year back. People would walk all over me. Mocking, ridiculing, laughing, and so on. I don't attribute those actions to the fact that I was scrawny, but to the fact that I had no confidence in myself, and did not think I would be capable of standing up for myself. I made myself a complete pushover.

After going from ~67 kg to 92 kg in 10 months (both muscle and fat gains), people treat me a little differently now. Whenever my friends introduce me to a new group of people (especially adolescents with obnoxious attitudes), they no longer denigrate me with their in-group favoritism, and instead treat me with more respect. In fact, the increase in respect from everyone around, strangers and friends alike, is the biggest change I've noticed in how people interact with me. As a result, it changed my attitude toward myself, and I've begun to have more confidence knowing that people are a little more intimidated by me now and subsequently a little more reluctant to walk all over me. This change in my attitude from building muscle further changed the way people view me, and it's great.
    ***MEDICAL SCHOOL CREW***

TRUMP CREW - MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Privileged cis white male TheExibo's Avatar
    TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000) TheExibo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Originalcordawg View Post
    and people you haven't seen since high school are always shocked
    No better feeling out there
    ***MEDICAL SCHOOL CREW***

TRUMP CREW - MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by G245 View Post
    I'm a female and decided I wanted muscle 3+ years ago. I signed up at my gym to feel better after a break up but I got addicted to feeling stronger so I kept going back. People usually get surprised when I wear a tank/shorts and they notice my muscles. Proabably because I have a tiny frame and don't look like someone who can lift. People comment on how strong I am. My friends say I can probably crush someone's head with my thighs lol. I do notice quite a few people watching me work out, especially guys. Feels nice but I don't care either way. I don't bother wearing makeup to the gym.
    I didn't find that people treated me differently, I guess the key was I didn't change personality wise. Still the same guy, easy going for the most part, go about my business. Some people I knew remarked on my muscle development and what have you, but to me it was just a personal challenge of self improvement. A few people I knew worked out as well and we would talk about our exercise methods and trade muscle mags etc. I was trying to see how well I could improve and increase my strength and muscularity, it was never for others to recognize per se and those who knew me treated me the same Of course, if I met someone new it was impossible to know if treated me different, as they didn't know me before.

Regardless, if people remark on it that's a sign you are doing well. Who doesn't like some positive feedback? Congrats!

PhysicsK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhysicsK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhysicsK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhysicsK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhysicsK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhysicsK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhysicsK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhysicsK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhysicsK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhysicsK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhysicsK has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Being honest brother...
    The thing that changes is You, its not the people its not respect they have to you, etc...
    It is you, the more confident you are the more people notice that... When you truly feel yourself and you feel like you are reaching maximum of your potential (body wise, study wise, sport wise) you are like a ball of energy ... people seek this energy and strive for it

itsthegrimace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Might be in the minority here...if so that's fine. I've been an athlete since childhood, and have remained in the realm of physical fitness since. There were times, despite my "jock" status, when I was picked on by scrawnier peers. There were also times when others labored under the delusion that I dare not be messed with.

If you believe you are something (bigger, stronger), and it's not a belief you have to force (in other words, you drink your own Kool-Aid), others will routinely believe the same thing. Not exactly confidence, but exuding your perception of yourself - whether that is lack of self-esteem or an ego bordering on narcissism. People around you will typically follow suit.

The operative word is "typically," which leads me to a different point. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much confidence you have...people will still treat you the way they were always going to treat you. Say, for example, you hypertrophy every muscle in your body but are 5'3" - your difficulty commanding respect from male peers or attracting a woman might not change much. Further, and only because it's been alluded to in this thread a few times, it seems men have a tendency to believe women care about the male physique as much as men care about womens'. I would argue that facial symmetry/features are (at least) equally important to a woman in this regard. As another example, let's assume you have a physique of the gods, but your nose is slightly enlarged and right eye very slightly higher than your left (quite common, actually). These small imperfections may not be that apparent, but may be glaring to the subconscious. The result is that you were no more desireable than before you began your journey to physical greatness.

All this to say people around you will usually believe what you believe about yourself, but it's not guaranteed.

WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yep! Especially as a woman trying to bulk up. I had an eating disorder and weighed around 35kg at 5'1", and people were actually more accepting of that than when I got into bodybuilding and weighed 55kg.

It took my family a few years to get their head around it, and would often say things like, "Don't you think you're getting a bit too big now?" or, "You're getting very manly around the shoulders"

It can be a challenge but you just have to try and remember why YOU are doing it, and forget about what everybody else wants you to do.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mostly it just improved my mentality and happiness, strength, and endurance for long errands I do. I didn't get any social benefits out of it, i'm still friendless but having a healthy hobby to look forward to everyday has improved my quality of life otherwise. Watching month by month how it changes keeps me coming back for more. I'll train til I can't walk, heh heh.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

tnfit09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tnfit09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tnfit09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tnfit09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tnfit09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tnfit09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tnfit09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tnfit09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tnfit09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tnfit09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tnfit09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I know this is an old thread... but I agree with PhysicsK. The biggest change is with yourself. I went from a scrawny 125lbs @5'9" to 168lbs (bulk), and currently sitting at about 151lbs @ 10ish% body fat. Biggest difference I have noticed? I have way more confidence and I have proven to myself that I can do anything. I have realized that I have the necessary determination, motivation, willpower, and strength to make a change in my life if I so choose.

That being said, I also do think that people treat me differently. Definitely get more respect from guys, and seems to help a little bit with the ladies. My ex gf said she wouldn't have even dated me if I wasn't somewhat built lol

SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The biggest thing that you will notice is that working out and building muscle will make you more confident. This newfound confidence could potentially impact your life in big ways. You might be more willing to take risks than you were before. Maybe you will go talk to that cute girl, or apply for that new job. It's not just how other people will perceive you... it is how you will perceive yourself.
    Instagram: SUTTER3 - James Sutter Personal Training
    Feel free to message me if you need advice on workouts or nutrition!

CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    As your body changes, so will people's perceptions of you.

People may come to respect you more if you carry yourself better with a more muscular physique.

You will begin to attract girls with interests in more fit guys.

its all exponential.
    So true man!

hughinn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughinn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughinn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughinn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughinn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughinn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughinn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughinn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughinn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughinn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughinn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by macrick View Post
    This is true to some point. I do get looks from women from time to time. However, in Singapore's context esp when it comes to Chinese women here. Generally, they are more keen on yr pockets then what U are packing.

As most Singapore women in general, are NOT gym OR exercise nut. Nor they express interest in fitness. Hence, the silmming centres business here are booming. Pls note that I'm NOT a sextist. I'm just presenting the truth.
    Difference being people who regard health more important than looks.

In America it's all about what it looks like more than what it really is.
    5-11. 220lbs. 18%bf
    Built like a troll. Just as ugly.

WIllyGreen714 is not very well liked. (-100) WIllyGreen714 is not very well liked. (-100) WIllyGreen714 is not very well liked. (-100) WIllyGreen714 is not very well liked. (-100) WIllyGreen714 is not very well liked. (-100) WIllyGreen714 is not very well liked. (-100) WIllyGreen714 is not very well liked. (-100) WIllyGreen714 is not very well liked. (-100) WIllyGreen714 is not very well liked. (-100) WIllyGreen714 is not very well liked. (-100) WIllyGreen714 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jy006m View Post
    I have been scrawny my whole life, and it doesn't help that I'm also short. Before I started bulking up, I weighed a measley 120 lbs. People generally do not take me seriously, including girls.

Since we already have a thread for people to share their stories of going from being obese to being muscular and fit, I want to start a thread for people who had the opposite problem. So, how has your life changed after you've bulked up and become muscular?
    Dude when I was first born I weighed maybe 8 pounds and got no respect, People babied me... now 32 years later Im 165lbs of muscle and dont get treated like such a baby

kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    People don't like it when others change for the better, they want to keep you at their level, whether it be work, social, or physical, they want to feel like they are equal and when you look better they may just be jealous or envious. Change for you, nobody else

theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Soon I will share my story.

theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100) theboy133 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Althought I haven't any muscles what so ever, it's only natural for the average joes to respect you since you appear stronger.

HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, but why was this thread bumped