Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    happily married hottie! aznprincess's Avatar
    aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000)

will the aznprincess break out of the cardio rut??

Hey everyone,

I want to start one of these to keep me motivated and on track. I started lifting weights in my journey to become more muscled last Thursday. So yes, a week and I look exactly the same lol. duh

I'm currently 5'9" 125lbs and ~21-22% body fat. Previously, I did cardio about 5-6x a week for an hour with zero weight training. If you want to know what that looks like you can check my profile ;-)

I'm trying to get a handle on my diet. I recently gained 5lbs from over eating at night. I think it's emotional and it was starting to bug my husband so I'm struggling to get that in check. (For myself)

I've done a total of 4 full body workouts to date pretty much every other day with maybe a weekend off.

squats
    incline bench press
    pull ups
    shoulder press
    lunges
    lateral raise
    triceps
    curl

I have made gains on all the exercises to date and i've been aiming for between 8-15 reps per set. mostly b/c i'm confused about my goal.

cardio = 2-3x/week ~30min with a HIIT or two if i have energy

Diet: 40p/30c/30f between 1400-1600 cals <--unfortuantely, i'm averaging more like 1900 due to over eating :-(

Goal: this is where i'm totally confused. part of me wants to lose about 10lbs...especially if i'm going to bulk. i've never been over 130 lbs in my life and feel super big at that end of things. (i feel bloated now) also, i need to continue to fit in my pants. <-- maybe you ladies can "nicely" try to help me b/c i know i'm mental. i'm slowly trying to get a handle on my fear of gaining weight (of any kind) blah blah blah.... did i get this from the media or what?? it's such a common fear, there's some weird teaching out there that's getting to many of us.

Sample diet:
    1. 3 oz lean beef patty, 1c cream of wheat, coffee, creamer
    2. bok choi 150g, shrimp (160 cal) 2 tb PB
    3. 1 peach, 3 oz lean beef patty, 1 c asparagus
    4. 1c broccoli, 1 can tuna, 3 c lettuce, cucumber, 1/2 bell pepper, 1/3c dried cranberries
    5. 1c non-fat cottage cheese

well... now that i've got that up there, i'll try to keep you ladies up to date. it would be nicer for me to try and post for each work out. the diet is really where i need help...i know what it is to eat clean but the emotional eating gets me maybe a 1/3 of the time.

if you have suggestions about my calorie intake or my diet PLEASE help me. Also, if you have an opinion of whether i should actually try to bulk let me know....problem is i feel like my BF % is so high already. HELP.

basically...if you can help me to get my head on straight as to a direction lose fat or gain muscle i would really appreciate it.

aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000)
    here's the plan for today: SATURDAY

1700 cals...slowly working up to maintenance and beyond
    dropping the reps to 8-12 to failure

i have decided i'm going to build muscle and if that means eating more and gaining a little fat...then i'll just have to buy larger pants :-)

weights full body:
    squats
    incline bench press
    pull ups
    shoulder press
    lunges
    lateral raises
    triceps dips
    bicep curls

next week i'm changing this work out b/c i don't feel i'm able to work each body part enough... i'm beat by the end and my arms are not getting as much energy as they would if they were earlier on. i'd also like to hit the big 3 (chest, back, legs) harder. I'm neglecting calves and mine are puny so i've got to address that.

totally seeing gains for all exercises. i went from 35lbs - 60 lbs in 5 workouts for my squats...scary.

ate clean and within 1700 cals as planned.

i've got to make sure to work my calves in since they are puny...i might keep this workout for the next week since i'm switching to bands for the next two weeks while i'm in italy.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Smart move...getting the cals up to maintenance and hitting the weights hard. Back burner any thoughts about body fat for a good 6 months. I'd skip HIIT while focused on muscle and not go beyond your planned 2-3 cardio sessions. I know it's tough to ignore body fat. But as another skinny-fat ----> healthy body composition convert I can tell you it's exactly what you need to do. And it will take time. It took me 21 months to get to this point. One thing I should have done differently was to eat to focus on muscle longer than I did initially (4 months). I also spent too long at recomp cals (6 months). What I should have done was take a full year to focus on muscle gains. Which is what I am doing now

This doesn't mean you need to gain a bunch of fat! As you bring your cals up you'll probably deal with some bloating and thoughts that you're gaining fat. But it's all part of getting your metabolism fired up and it will settle down. Then you simply adjust your cals so that you see slow and steady weight gains and little change in the belly pooch. Outside of the inevitable cycle of bloating.

Forget 130 pounds and fitting into your pants. You don't like how you look now so why stay this way? You need to look for and celebrate exceeding 130 pounds and growing out of your pants due to the muscle mass you'll be gaining. At your height you should weight much, much more. I should be 125-130 at 5'4". Not you. This idea of fitting into a certain size or weighing a certain amount is counterproductive to your goals of liking what you see in the mirror. That is what counts!

Your current "overeating" and weight gain is nothing more than going through that phase where you eat like you should and your metabolism starts to burn brighter. Your maintenance cals are around 2100. And you need to get up there. The full feeling and bloating will go away. Take a leap of faith and have patience

freebirdmac - thank you so much for the encouragement! i'm going to take your advice and you're right, i TOTALLY feel bloated... i wake up with stomach bloat. so i'm glad to know this is normal and will go away after a while.

also, it was really helpful to mention i should get off recomp sooner and focus on gaining for about a year. those time lines absolutely put it all in perspective.

(take a leap of faith and have patience) <--this is so scary for me but here we go!

also, you're progress looks GREAT!

another weight workout completed: Monday

i took sunday off completely. i felt like a fatty but oh well. i ate 1700 cals again. i think the reason i was having problems with the 1400 is that was WAY too low for my output. 1700 may be too low as well but right now it's working b/c i'm still making gains with the weights and i feel bloated at the end of the day :-(

same workout... i'll do this one more time b/4 i work out something else. my legs are lifting too much for my arms to hold so i think i need to move to the (smith machine) <--i think that's what that's called.

i'm formulating a program for bands since i'm going to be in italy for 16 days and don't want to lose progress. i also think i'm going to split my body parts. by the time i get to triceps and biceps i'm BEAT and so i don't think they are getting my best. also, my second set of legs come later in the program and i think i could do better there just to focus.

i got a good calve workout in today. i don't want those to lag behind.

i've never used bands b/4 but all the p90x'rs seem to do well with them. wish me luck and if you have any suggestions i'm all ears!

Tuesday:

3 miles at a 10min/mile pace for 30 mins.

1700 cals

leaving for italy in two days. i'm going to get in one more weight workout b/4 i leave then it's on to bands.

OK,

well, i've been gone out of the country for 16 days and got back last Saturday. while gone, i did try to take resistance bands and protein powder but after two days i was eating pasta every night and bread and cheese, drinking wine with every meal after 1pm blah blah blah...

so now i'm back and i didn't gain any weight while gone probably cause of all the walking but i was super pissed.

i'm also leaving the state for another two weeks friday! so i'm trying my darndest to continue to progress.... i'm bringing resistance bands again but luckily, i'll have a kitchen and the same room every night so success is on its way.

i've been continuing to progress with the weights even though i've been gone. i just came back and started right back at hitting the weights hard. my diet got in check two days after being back. i had to give myself some time to adjust since the last day was 24hours of travel and i was starving.

a little rant here: when you travel, notice the FACT that if food is offered by the airline, hotel whatever, it will be ALL carbs and fat. IF you are lucky you MIGHT get a puny serving of protein and that requires a flight at night where they might serve you a dinner with some chicken. other than that, you're out of luck.

now i'm going to tell the truth and this is going to disappoint some of you.... i've only been eating 1500cal/day 40p/30c/30f. yes, i know (the beatings are coming)...however, i'm seeing an increase in my lifts consistently AND i haven't lost any weight BUT the pants and measurements...are going down! heh heh heh.

after this 8 weeks is done i'll take progress photos and deload for a week (diet and weights) then figure out my plan from there. during this time i will up my cals to where they should have been 1700 - which is still under my maintenance before deciding where to go from there.

however, right now, it looks like i'm going through a little recomp and i'm PERFECTLY happy with it for now.

part of me thinks that since i have always eaten too little, that my maintenance might actually be 1700 not 2000 :-( when i was eating 1700 there was also no movement on the scale...it was too soon to tell if i was getting leaner eating that much though.

meh, i'm not worried about it. couple more weeks and i'm up to 1700 and still putting on the muscle.

Ok, i'm back from all my travels and i've kicked it into high gear. i am currently following an upper/ lower body split cause i was BEAT from doing full body. by the time i got to my arms i literally had nothing left.

my diet is in carb rotation but equals out to about 2600cals/day, more carbs on my leg days and less on cardio days or no workout days.

WORKOUT: this is taken directly from an article by Jen Heath over at Figure Athlete
    http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/art...get_jacked&cr=

Workout 1: Monday

Primary muscles: Chest and lats

Secondary muscles: Back thickness, shoulders, and arms
    Warm-up: Push-ups and band external rotations
    A1) Incline bench press 4 x 6

A2) Wide-grip pull-down 4 x 8

B1) Fly or cable crossover variation 2 x 15

B2) Single-arm side incline lateral raise 2 x 10

B3) Lying triceps extension 3 x 8-10

C1) Barbell curl 3 x 10

C2) Resistance abs 3 x 10

Workout 2: Tuesday

Primary muscles: Quads

Secondary muscles: Glutes and hamstrings

A1) Squat or lunge 4 x 8-12

A2) Leg curl 4 x 6-8
    B1) Leg press 1 x 20-30

B2) Stiff-legged deadlift 2 x 12-15

C) Calf raise drop set 2 x 10-10-10 (triple drop)

Workout 3: Thursday

Primary muscles: Delts and back thickness

Secondary muscles: Lats, chest, and arms

Warm-up: Push-ups and band external rotations
    A1) Seated military or dumbbell press 4 x 8-10

A2) Chest-supported row or barbell row 4 x 8-10
    B1) Low-cable chest fly 2 x 12-15
    B2) Pull-down (palms facing) 2 x 12-15

C1) Incline dumbbell curl 3 x 6-8

C2) Triceps push-downs 3 x 8-10

D) Hanging leg raises 2 x 15-20

Workout 4: Saturday

Primary muscles: Hips and hamstrings

Secondary muscles: Quads

A) Deadlift or rack pull 4 x 6-8

B) Dumbbell split squat 2 x 8-10

C1) Glute-ham raise or leg curl 4 x 8

C2) Calf raise using the leg press 3 x 30-50

Right now this is kicking my A**. it's only been a week and i'm easing into it but i'd be blown away if i didn't see any gains at the end of 12 wks. <-- my secret fear.

so far i've gained 5lbs but that was due to eating tons of carbs a couple weeks back b/c i was out of town AGAIN. enough of that... now that i'm in town, the next five will be on purpose. i'm at 130 as of today. I don't look any different from 125 except to my self and from all the progress pics that i've seen of others, that little bit of fat won't matter compared to the huge amount of shape i'll gain.

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Smart move...getting the cals up to maintenance and hitting the weights hard. Back burner any thoughts about body fat for a good 6 months. I'd skip HIIT while focused on muscle and not go beyond your planned 2-3 cardio sessions. I know it's tough to ignore body fat. But as another skinny-fat ----> healthy body composition convert I can tell you it's exactly what you need to do. And it will take time. It took me 21 months to get to this point. One thing I should have done differently was to eat to focus on muscle longer than I did initially (4 months). I also spent too long at recomp cals (6 months). What I should have done was take a full year to focus on muscle gains. Which is what I am doing now

This doesn't mean you need to gain a bunch of fat! As you bring your cals up you'll probably deal with some bloating and thoughts that you're gaining fat. But it's all part of getting your metabolism fired up and it will settle down. Then you simply adjust your cals so that you see slow and steady weight gains and little change in the belly pooch. Outside of the inevitable cycle of bloating.

Forget 130 pounds and fitting into your pants. You don't like how you look now so why stay this way? You need to look for and celebrate exceeding 130 pounds and growing out of your pants due to the muscle mass you'll be gaining. At your height you should weight much, much more. I should be 125-130 at 5'4". Not you. This idea of fitting into a certain size or weighing a certain amount is counterproductive to your goals of liking what you see in the mirror. That is what counts!

Your current "overeating" and weight gain is nothing more than going through that phase where you eat like you should and your metabolism starts to burn brighter. Your maintenance cals are around 2100. And you need to get up there. The full feeling and bloating will go away. Take a leap of faith and have patience

SO great news, i'm eating 2600 cals/day on carb cycle so on leg days i get to 2600, on non-workout days i'm at 2200 and on arm days it's 2400. i've gone up to 131.5 and i was actually a little disappointed this morning when i found i'd lost .5lbs over the past week :-(

i don't feel like i'm gaining any fat at all. my stomach is probably a little "fuller" feeling but if i flex, i'm not any fatter than when at 125. i don't feel bloated at all any more either. i'm sure that i've probably gained a little fat but i really can't tell for the most part. it's not like i've gained that much weight either though so i'm still trying to gain.

i'm into week 3 of 12 so i'm trying not to pay any attention to how i look one way or another b/c i don't want to get disappointed if i don't see any muscle.

my shoulders and bi's have been stalling. it's very hard for me to add weight or reps to these exercises so today i started to mix it up.

Seated db shoulder press 4x8 @ 20 lbs with drop sets @ 15lbs = 12/6, 7/5, 7/6, 7/6 <--(really felt the burn)
    barbell row 4x8 @60lbs 15, 10, 10, 10 (my bi's are holding me back here)
    low cable chest fly 2x12-15 @ 12.5lbs 12, 9
    close grip pull down palms up 2x12-15 @ 90lbs 15, 9
    incline db curl 1 @12.5 for 6, then i did 2 sets of 21's at 12.5lbs (really burned - forearms were already dead from the pull downs)
    assisted tri dips 3x8-10 at -80lbs 14, 10, 8
    captain's chair leg raises 3 sets 15

if i don't feel this in the morning i don't know what i'm doing wrong. the drop sets burned me out hard core. i was trembling by the time i finished.

diet:
    meal 1: 38p/48c
    meal 2: 38p/54f
    workout
    meal 3: 38p/95c
    meal 4: 38p/48c
    meal 5: 38p/54f

yesterday's arm workout was sufficiently intense b/c this morning i can really feel it! this training thing is a lot harder than i expected. it seems like every time i go i should expect to change something in my overall routine up to make sure i'm not stagnant. for some reason i thought going up in weights would be good enough but apparently not.

did legs today.

deadlift 50 as warm up for 10
    80 x 15, 90 x 10, 90 x 10, 80 x 10 <--all messed up cause i'm afraid of going higher and i need to use the push up bar from now on. i want a spot so i know my form is right.
    split squat 17.5 x 10 drop set bw 10, 17.5 x 10 drop set bw 10
    leg curls 90lbs 13,10,7,7 slow negs
    calf raises 70x 35, 25, 25

i can kinda feel it already so i'm interested to see how i feel in the morning. i've got to get the deads right though. just need to suck it up and get used to adding plates to the bar...these are new things for me in the gym!

BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cool to hear you are now doing more split training. I am NOT a fan of full body workouts...I just can't recover and focus properly when doing them.
    You are going to keep getting results!!
    Keep eating and keep doing all you can to build muscle!!
    Your BuffMother, Michelle Berger
    Owner http://www.BuffMother.com

Current journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169126173&page=1

Originally Posted by BuffMother View Post
    Cool to hear you are now doing more split training. I am NOT a fan of full body workouts...I just can't recover and focus properly when doing them.
    You are going to keep getting results!!
    Keep eating and keep doing all you can to build muscle!!
    yes, the full body work outs were very hard for me to recover from and i just felt like i would only be able to do two per week and then by the end of the workout, my arms were completely neglected.

thank you so much for the encouragement. it's hard b/c i'm on week four and of course don't see a difference. lol

ok, yesterday i did upper body and worked my routine backwards b/c all the big, sweaty men had the benches :-(

two sets of 21's for biceps @ 12lbs after doing curls @ 35lbs <--- hoping to see this number go up soon.
    lying triceps ext 3 @30lbs with drop set to 25lbs 15/10, 12/10, 10/10
    lateral raise 2 sets @ 10lbs w/ drop to 8lbs 12/10, 10/7
    cable fly 2 @ 20lbs 15, 15
    pullups 4 @ -95lbs 5, 5, 5, 5 <---this is sad
    incline BP 4 @ 25 lbs dumbells 12, 7, 7, 7

i do feel my arms this morning. i definitely prefer doing my compounds first however, it's fine to shake things up once in a while.

diet is coming along well. i'm still struggling to get all the cals in on a day to day basis b/c i'm just not a huge appetite person but it's not like i'm afraid like i was a couple months back. LOL

it's just not that easy to get hugely muscular or fat (if you're lifting heavy). heck, i'm not seeing a change at all :-( except in my numbers. those are still going up and i'm still challenging myself. also, my pants are starting to get a bit tighter but the belly fat doesn't seem to have increased. strange.

BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yep, building muscle is not easy...keep workin' TRUST ME changes ARE happening as long as you are challengeing yourself and it sounds like you are!
    Your BuffMother, Michelle Berger
    Owner http://www.BuffMother.com

Current journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169126173&page=1

^^^thanks. a couple of days ago i was really feeling down in the dumps. i was talking to a friend and she and i were mentioning that building muscle is nothing like burning fat or even losing weight b/c it feels like it takes so much longer to see any changes.

alrighty,

my legs have been responding really well to training to the point where i think i should focus on my upper body for a bit to catch up.

chest/back

back extensions w/ 25lbs 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4
    bench press db @ 30lbs 4 sets of 15, 12, 8, 8 <--started with 25lbs, 27.5, 30, 30
    ss w/
    overhand Barbell row @ 70lbs 4 sets of 8, 8, 8, 8
    low cable rows @ 70 lbs for 3 sets of 15, 15, 15
    ss w/
    cable flys @ 20lbs for 3 sets 15, 15, 15

Abs
    A floor v-ups 15
    B reverse crunch 15
    C regular crunch 15
    repeated 3x's

the abs really surprised me. this looked way too easy so i was going to add weight. yeah...NO. i'm definitely going to feel the extensions as well. wow. let's see how i feel tomorrow. love mixing it up.

i'm slowing down on the calories...i was starting to get a little careless and i was gaining about a 1lb - 1.5lb / wk... SO i'll be doing about 2200 and see where that gets me.

yelserp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yelserp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yelserp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yelserp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yelserp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yelserp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yelserp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yelserp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yelserp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yelserp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yelserp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow, you have progressed impressively (at least in my newbie eyes)!

I just read through your journal, you sound like you are a couple of months further along than I am. I love that you are mixing it up. I hope I have the confidence to do that when the time comes.

Nice workout!

you really think so?! awesome!

part of me is terrified that i'm not pushing myself hard enough. i've got another 6 weeks before i do a progress photo. not that it's going to be impressive in either muscle gains or fat gains but i'm hoping to see SOME difference considering how much time and effort i'm putting into both the diet and the training.

12 wks isn't really a long time though at all (that's how long i'll have been able to train uninterrupted). so frustrating how slow it is :-(

it is scary to change things in the gym especially when i see these guys in there. it feels like it's their area so i really have to feel brave to try something different or change things up.

Monday: this is the first time i've done some of these so i was just testing myself.

incline dbp at 25lbs 12, 10, 8 ss w/ <-- moving this one up
    pull down at 90lbs 15, 12, 10
    one arm row at 27.5lbs 15,12, 10 ss w/
    flat db fly @ 15lbs 15, 15, 15 <--moving this one up
    db pullover @20lbs 15, 15, 15 <-- moving this one up
    hanging leg raise bw 4 sets of amrap 15, 12, 10, 10

Tuesday: again, some new exercises

squats 40lbs 20, 45lbs 15 & 12, 40lbs 16
    leg curls 60lbs 10, 8, 70lbs 6
    ham pull through <--- i definitely need to go WAY up on weight for these. 15, 12, 8 started way too low. next time i'm going to start at 65lbs and go up from there.
    split squat @ 17.5lbs 10,10,10
    standing calf raise @ 40lbs 8, 8, 8, 20 @ bw<-- need to go up on weight for the sets of eight
    seated calf raise @ 50lbs 15, 15, 15

i felt beat after this workout even though some of the exercises i could have pulled more weight. next time i'm really going to kill it. increasing the sets for the legs was different too since i've been squating mostly around 6-8 reps.

my legs are definitely feeling it after that previous work out so that makes me happy.

did upper today

incline bp 8, 8, 8, 8 <--going to try to go up next time ss w/
    wide grip pd 12, 8, 8, 8
    cable crossover 12, 12 ss w/
    lateral raise triad lat/front/press 10/8/10, 10/8/8
    triceps dips 15, 15, 15 <-- need to add weight
    curls 12, 9, 7
    ab triad v-up/reverse/crunch 3 sets of 12,12,12

i'm burnt but i don't know if it's cause i got 6hrs of sleep last night or cause i killed it in the gym, which i definitely feel i have done.

i'm getting back to tracking my macros... i was starting to slip back into my regular pattern of eating WAY less and less protein... and making up for it with beer and chips! NO NO NO.

Time to start cutting. I've gained almost 20lbs since august and about 15lbs in the past 8 wks.

I'm going to start with 3 days a wk w/ weights M - lower, W - upper, F - full body.

I'll being starting cardio as well! cardio, oh how i missed thee. i'll be doing a combination of steady state and hiit. steady state will be about 30min - hr 2x/wk and a hiit on the 3rd day with one day completely off. yea!!

diet will be 1800 cals on weight days and 1350 on off days (carbs only from greens). on my weight days i'll be bumping carbs up before and after workouts to get me to the 1800 from 1350.

i'm interested to see what's going to happen. only 4 wks till xmas and of course i'll be with family so they're going to be at me to eat more i know.... it was nice to bulk through thanksgiving so i didn't have to put up with the peer pressure.

i'll actively cut for 16wks then go to new maintenance for a wk to re-eval if i need to continue to cut.

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by aznprincess View Post
    Time to start cutting. I've gained almost 20lbs since august and about 15lbs in the past 8 wks.

I'm going to start with 3 days a wk w/ weights M - lower, W - upper, F - full body.

I'll being starting cardio as well! cardio, oh how i missed thee. i'll be doing a combination of steady state and hiit. steady state will be about 30min - hr 2x/wk and a hiit on the 3rd day with one day completely off. yea!!

diet will be 1800 cals on weight days and 1350 on off days (carbs only from greens). on my weight days i'll be bumping carbs up before and after workouts to get me to the 1800 from 1350.

i'm interested to see what's going to happen. only 4 wks till xmas and of course i'll be with family so they're going to be at me to eat more i know.... it was nice to bulk through thanksgiving so i didn't have to put up with the peer pressure.

i'll actively cut for 16wks then go to new maintenance for a wk to re-eval if i need to continue to cut.
    Sounds like you have a solid plan! Good luck! Do you still like the split workouts or do you think you're going to try another workout routine?
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

I think splits for the most part work for me. i'm still doing a full body on fridays so it's the best of both worlds.

did upper today. missed it yesterday so kept my carbs low. (under 50g)

today i'm eating some carbs happily. yum.

anyway,

flat db bench press 3 sets of 12, 12, 10 ss w/
    alternating db rows 12, 12, 10
    cable crossover 10 ss w/
    bent over lateral raise 10
    db curl 12, 8/5/5 ss w/
    dips 10, 10/5/5
    kneeling crunches 2 x 10
    leg raise 2x10

it definitely feels good to be eating less. i'm finally hungry when i eat!

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What weights are you using? Journals are a lot more fun when you list how much you're lifting.

And only 50g carbs yesterday?!
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by norinicole View Post
    What weights are you using? Journals are a lot more fun when you list how much you're lifting.

And only 50g carbs yesterday?!
    wow 50gs of carbs! hows that going?

and bump for fellow asian!
    PROSUPPS BOARD REP

RESULTS PERIOD!!!
    http://www.prosupps.com/

BB.com store:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pro-supps.html

Offcial ********:
    http://www.********.com/ProSupps

Follow us on Instagram:
    @Prosupps_llc

oops, i'll start putting in my weights. didn't know if anyone was interested in that at all. besides, it's embarrassing for me lol.

50g of carbs is super easy for me for a couple of days. then i'm like...i want some oatmeal. but i'm cycling so on weight days i go up to 150+g of carb. i definitely think that i'd be in some serious pain if i had to eat under 50g carb every single day or wait for a carb up at the end of the week.

this is my first time even cutting so i don't know what i'm doing really. i do know that i want to carb cycle so my metabolism doesn't fall and i need to eat in a deficit. so far it's working in that i'm not starving or anything like that. proteins and fats are at 130g+ and 70 g respectively.

i can always change some things around if i start to lose too quickly. i also know that i don't have to do anything too drastic like eating under 50g carb every day unless i'm trying to get into single digits.

right now, my goal is just to see abs. AND!!! i can see that my abs are off set when i flex so that means, that i'll probably have some abs at the end of this!!! so exciting!!

added in the weights lifted.

Originally Posted by aznprincess View Post
    did upper today. missed it yesterday so kept my carbs low. (under 50g)

today i'm eating some carbs happily. yum.

anyway,

flat db bench press @ 30lbs 3 sets of 12, 12, 10 ss w/
    alternating db rows @ 30lbs 12, 12, 10
    cable crossover @5lbs 10 ss w/
    bent over lateral raise @5lbs 10
    db curl @15lbs 12, 8/5/5 ss w/
    dips @-80lbs 10, 10/5/5
    kneeling crunches @70lbs 2 x 10
    leg raise @b/w 2x10

it definitely feels good to be eating less. i'm finally hungry when i eat!

had a great workout today!

Full Body
    A1 incline db press @ 27.5lbs 12, 10, 7
    A2 pullups @ -95lbs from ~137 9, 8, 8 w/ 2 drops 6/5
    B1 single are incline lateral raise @8lbs 15, 15
    B2 leg raises 20, 20
    C1 deadlift from shin @ 70lbs 12, 12 <--- need to go way up in weight here.
    C2 standing single leg calf raise @ 25 lbs for 8 then 12 @bw, @25 lbs 8 then 5
    D1 leg press @ 185 20,20
    D2 king deadlift 5, 5

those king deads are crazy... i really need to work on the balance part of them and getting full range of motion. i'm excited to keep working on those. i also love pullups. i HATE the pull down machine. i'm not sure why but it makes me feel weird in the tummy. probably b/c the weight is so heavy or something but i prefer pullups.

trying to get up to 150g carbs for a total of ~1800 today.

if i had to choose favorite exercises i'd say i love deads, pullups, bulgarian split squats, and leg lifts. cable crunches are definitely on that list too.

i hate biceps curls, bent over lateral raises, low cable raises basically all my super weak muscles. i still do these exercises though. i just don't look forward to them.