ludemasta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question military press ...which is the rite technique??

When I do sets with this excercise ...I lower the bar behind my head until the bar levels at the mid section of my head and push it back up...some people says it's better to lower it towards the front and push it back up and some says the correct way is towards the back....which is the rite way???? since when i lower the bar towards the front I felt that I'm partially using my chest rather than just isolating on the shoulders.

BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000)
    well the actual military press is to the front. The other variation your talking about is the behind the neck press. To the front is a better choice if you have to pick between the two. It has a greater ROM and you can use more weight.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." -Henry Kissinger

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster . . . for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000)
    You should do military press in the front. Doing behind the neck presses puts your rotator cuff at an awkward angle and could damage it.

AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by DawgPound
    You should do military press in the front. Doing behind the neck presses puts your rotator cuff at an awkward angle and could damage it.

Huge bump. Those and Upright Rows are shoulder killers.

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I throw in both so i don't leave anything out..except i don't use a bar for behind the neck, i use dumbells so i don't have to go so far back. That seems to give me the best developement. Peace
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Poppa Pump
    I throw in both so i don't leave anything out..except i don't use a bar for behind the neck, i use dumbells so i don't have to go so far back. That seems to give me the best developement. Peace
    Bump! I use dumbells too so I don't have to worry about keeping the bar in front or behind my head. Dumbells give me more of a natural range of motion. But if I had to use a barbell, I'd do front presses, behind the neck is just too risky.

banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like doing upright rows for hitting my delts and traps, but not behind the neck presses, because I sometimes feel painful when doing the latter, but not for the former.
    There are no good and bad; no right and wrong. There were effective actions and ineffective actions, socially acceptable and unacceptable behaviour, wise and stupid decisions to be made. But if you wanted to achieve maximum sefl-realisation, you had to understand that any choice you made was entirely value neutral. Morality was a primitive concept, useful in earlier stages of societal evolution, perhaps, but without relevance in the modern age.

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    BHN presses really are uncomfortable, back in my early days of training, they used to be the one thing i always did, then i discovered how much better DB presses and Front BB presses are.

taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah me too, i do only db and bb press overhead never behind the neck, i used to like doing uprights but they killed my shoulders so i give it up!

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't know, behind the neck doesn't bother me, and shifts the stress a little more on my laterals than anteriors, but of course I prefer dbs for the ROM.

I think stallone is using the best pressing form
    Attached Images
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000)

Lightbulb

Again- nothing wrong w/upright rows, just people who don't know how to do them.

nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This illustrates the difference quite well:

http://www.theministryoffitness.com/.../shoulders.htm
    My take on working out: http://www.lifeofastudent.com

Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by J.S.B.
    Again- nothing wrong w/upright rows, just people who don't know how to do them.
    Nope. Sorry. There really isn't a safe way to do upright rows unless you are going to go very light. The movement cause compression forces on the rotator cuff muscles and shearing forces on the shoulder joint itself. Not good no matter how you look at it. Doing them as a narrow grip movement is a little less risky but wider grip upright rows are definately not advised.
    http://www.angelfire.com/ego/gethuge

"He that teaches us anything which we knew not before is undoubtedly to be reverenced as a master." - Samuel Johnson

J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally posted by Gethuge
    Nope. Sorry. There really isn't a safe way to do upright rows unless you are going to go very light. The movement cause compression forces on the rotator cuff muscles and shearing forces on the shoulder joint itself. Not good no matter how you look at it. Doing them as a narrow grip movement is a little less risky but wider grip upright rows are definately not advised.
    So I've been ****in' up for 10yrs?

c'mon mayne! What's "very light"?

Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Ok so you'vebeen doin em for 10 years....and?

I've seen guys who squat with there heals on a block for years with no problems as well. That doesn't mean i'm going to imitate there form and end up hurting myself. Much less preach erronous judgment to someone else.

BTW...very light = 300 pound minimum in your case. It's a term I used to describe a basically useless poundage far below the amount needed to stimulate any form of muscular adaptation.
    http://www.angelfire.com/ego/gethuge

"He that teaches us anything which we knew not before is undoubtedly to be reverenced as a master." - Samuel Johnson

cgraz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cgraz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cgraz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cgraz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cgraz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cgraz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cgraz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cgraz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cgraz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cgraz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cgraz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like the behind the neck press when I want to isolate more of my traps. However, I do agree they can put a lot of stress on your shoulders. I usually use the smith machine with a spotter for these and find it to be a great exercise. If you want general shoulder development, in front would probably be a better bet, behind for more of a trap movement, although, it would be good to switch it up.

Cgraz

c0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When using heavier weights, it's safer to do them to the front. I usually lower the bar just below my chin and at the top I try to "push" my hands together to squeeze the delts.

Cool

Originally posted by Gethuge
    Ok so you'vebeen doin em for 10 years....and?

I've seen guys who squat with there heals on a block for years with no problems as well. That doesn't mean i'm going to imitate there form and end up hurting myself. Much less preach erronous judgment to someone else.

BTW...very light = 300 pound minimum in your case. It's a term I used to describe a basically useless poundage far below the amount needed to stimulate any form of muscular adaptation.
    O.K., well first off, I thinks you're looking at this movement in terms of using it in a H.I.T. routine. I would probably not be using upright rows If I was a H.I.T. person.

But to say there's no safe way to perform this movement, unless you use very light weight, IMO, that can be said for any movement, in terms of what's heavy, and what's light, It's all relative to the person, and the style of training they use.

As far as behind the neck presses, I've done them before, the're not a great movement, you can't get full ROM which I believe is important, not to mention you must have a spotter for your lift-off, which is one of the reasons bros fuk their shoulders up, along with going down too far.

Anyway, that's my understanding...LOL... If I would have noticed you were a H.I.T. person, your reply would have made more sense to me at the time.

delldell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delldell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delldell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delldell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delldell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delldell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delldell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delldell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delldell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delldell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delldell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What's the difference with grips? Shoulder width, or to the rings?

amtt81 is not very well liked. (-100) amtt81 is not very well liked. (-100) amtt81 is not very well liked. (-100) amtt81 is not very well liked. (-100) amtt81 is not very well liked. (-100) amtt81 is not very well liked. (-100) amtt81 is not very well liked. (-100) amtt81 is not very well liked. (-100) amtt81 is not very well liked. (-100) amtt81 is not very well liked. (-100) amtt81 is not very well liked. (-100)
    i need to add this to my routine

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by amtt81 View Post
    i need to add this to my routine
    This is amazing: how did you dig up a 9 year old thread?
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    This is amazing: how did you dig up a 9 year old thread?
    He's a regular spammer who is trying to promote his blog.