Duracel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back to working out after 3 month break

So i'm 17 years old and had been training for a full, intense year of 5 days on and 2 days off without any breaks, and with a good, high protein diet.

and then there was summertime....

I went from 160 pounds to 198 pounds in that whole year and started the summer at 198 pounds looking like one of the most ripped 17 year olds out there, and the best lifter in my weight training class.

Now after 3 months of not working out I have sunk all the way down to 174 pounds and i'm way beyond the point where the muscle loss and fat gains have become obvious.

Going back to the gym today I would like to know what to expect, what to look out for, and what precautions I should take. How much weaker should I expect to be? Should I start working out like I regulary use to or should I take it easy?

Thanks

cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    three month break? how much muscle did you lose?
    c☆c☆c

RaveBDK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBDK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBDK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBDK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBDK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBDK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBDK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBDK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBDK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBDK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBDK has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Duracel View Post
    So i'm 17 years old and had been training for a full, intense year of 5 days on and 2 days off without any breaks, and with a good, high protein diet.

and then there was summertime....

I went from 160 pounds to 198 pounds in that whole year and started the summer at 198 pounds looking like one of the most ripped 17 year olds out there, and the best lifter in my weight training class.

Now after 3 months of not working out I have sunk all the way down to 174 pounds and i'm way beyond the point where the muscle loss and fat gains have become obvious.

Going back to the gym today I would like to know what to expect, what to look out for, and what precautions I should take. How much weaker should I expect to be? Should I start working out like I regulary use to or should I take it easy?

Thanks
    Well, I'm new to lifting myself.

Obviously you won't have even near the strength that you did before you quit. If I were you on your first month back, take it easy ! Just make sure you're doing the form correctly like you used to, push hard, but not too hard because it will take your body some getting used to.

Originally Posted by Peanut_Butter View Post
    three month break? how much muscle did you lose?
    Quite a lot apparently, my legs probably took the biggest hit from the muscle loss because they were imo my best trained muscles.

could really use some input if anybody can help please

jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    that sucks bro
    basically just go back into the gym. start out easy and get that form perfect then start slapping on the weights after a few weeks of light training
    If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them - Bruce Lee

Save 20% off your first purchase at Karmaloop.com and 10% off the rest. Rep Code JT31445 never expires.

I HAVE LOCKERZ INVITES BRAH'S
    send me a pm with your email. I will rep

owe negs: hammersforteeth
    austermule

Train_ing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train_ing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train_ing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train_ing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train_ing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train_ing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train_ing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train_ing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train_ing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train_ing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train_ing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how does it feel man?

Registered Snoozer doylertheoiler's Avatar
    doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Duracel View Post
    could really use some input if anybody can help please
    I took about month off because of an injury. When I went back I was very disappointed to say the least. I had lost about 7 lbs and felt like i was just starting to lift for the first time.

However, it comes back quick! Start eating like mad man and take comfort in knowing that after about 3 to 4 weeks of hard training and really pushing yourself, you will feel like you used to. That was what happened to me, and I've already surpassed where i used to be before my injury.

Since you lost so much weight, it may not be as quick... but it does come back quicker than when you first build it!

The oiler

Originally Posted by Train_ing View Post
    how does it feel man?
    If you really wanna know it feels very very ****ty.

I use to fill most of my shirts and have my biceps and shoulders ripping out of them, now those shirts are really looose and don't look good on me anymore. I feel ashamed to have my shirt off now because of the fat i'm starting to gain and all of the cutness ive lost.

edit: I use to get complimented literally EVERY SINGLE DAY about my size and how much i'm improving. Now I hear things like you look different or you look younger (my large size made me look a lot older b4 so its no wonder theyve been saying that)

Its not like I went from ripped to scronny, but I did go from ripped to flabby with muscle under it
    Last edited by Duracel; 08-20-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Originally Posted by doylertheoiler View Post
    I took about month off because of an injury. When I went back I was very disappointed to say the least. I had lost about 7 lbs and felt like i was just starting to lift for the first time.

However, it comes back quick! Start eating like mad man and take comfort in knowing that after about 3 to 4 weeks of hard training and really pushing yourself, you will feel like you used to. That was what happened to me, and I've already surpassed where i used to be before my injury.

Since you lost so much weight, it may not be as quick... but it does come back quicker than when you first build it!

The oiler
    Thanks for sharing this with me, it gives me some motivation knowing that not all is lost.