freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

$1 to help save a family

This was posted on another forum I frequent by a regular, so I know it's on the up and up. It's a heart-wrenching story. I've quoted his post.

"Normally I avoid this type of thing, but the man being written about is a dear friend and coworker. Everything described in the post is true, I can attest to it. I was with him when the doctors said his wife had died and then again when she smiled at him the next day.

this is not bogus, this could be anyone of us. He did everything right but nothing has gone his way since April 1, 2008 except his wife still being alive.

Please I ask you to read the supplied link and help them if you can. Even if you can't afford it financially, you can still help by passing this along to everyone in your address book, for some of them may be able to help. This is not about politics or religion, it isn't a debate on health care - this is very simply an appeal to humanity to look into their heart and do what they feel best.

http://savestevesfamily.blogspot.com/"

Dragonslayer in Training Iron Barbarian's Avatar
    Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think it is complete crap that an insurance company can pull this crap. I think it is more of a disgrace that the US Government allows them to get away with this. The scary thought is that I have Cigna. If this situation every happened to me with my wife I would unleash a wrath against this company that even would make the devil look like a child. There was a story on 20/20 or Dateline that discussed this very problem with Insurance companies refusing to pay claims without any justification whatsoever then to have a panel that works for them deny the claims by people with no medical training at all and they continually get away with it.

Hopefully everything works out for the family. It's a shame that anyone has to go thru this and see the one they love suffer and feel helpless to do anything about it. They are in my prayers. Out of curiousity is there any update since the date on the thread is Feb. 14th ?
    Last edited by Iron Barbarian; 08-13-2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Mongol General: What is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree. It's shameful. Hopefully the wife will continue to improve and the husband will find a good lawyer. It really is scary how one minute you can be fine, and the next... The finances now and for the long term will be horrendous. Not to mention the physical and emotion tolls. It would be hard enough if CIGNA paid.

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    This was posted on another forum I frequent by a regular, so I know it's on the up and up. It's a heart-wrenching story. I've quoted his post.

"Normally I avoid this type of thing, but the man being written about is a dear friend and coworker. Everything described in the post is true, I can attest to it. I was with him when the doctors said his wife had died and then again when she smiled at him the next day.

this is not bogus, this could be anyone of us. He did everything right but nothing has gone his way since April 1, 2008 except his wife still being alive.

Please I ask you to read the supplied link and help them if you can. Even if you can't afford it financially, you can still help by passing this along to everyone in your address book, for some of them may be able to help. This is not about politics or religion, it isn't a debate on health care - this is very simply an appeal to humanity to look into their heart and do what they feel best.

http://savestevesfamily.blogspot.com/
    Fixed link
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

MatthewSnyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewSnyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewSnyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewSnyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewSnyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewSnyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewSnyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewSnyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewSnyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewSnyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) MatthewSnyder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If I was in his situation I'd pull a John Q.
    Mediocre effort, mediocre results.

My Workout Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117295351

Originally Posted by Nikonguy View Post
    Fixed link
    Thanks! I overlooked that!

If anyone is in the Tampa area, there will be a benefit concert featuring ten bands on Sunday, August 23 from 4pm - 11pm at Skippers Smokehouse.

Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Iron Barbarian View Post
    I think it is complete crap that an insurance company can pull this crap. I think it is more of a disgrace that the US Government allows them to get away with this. ... There was a story on 20/20 or Dateline that discussed this very problem with Insurance companies refusing to pay claims without any justification whatsoever then to have a panel that works for them deny the claims by people with no medical training at all and they continually get away with it.
    I don't know anything about this particular situation, and it is a very sad human tragedy regardless. But my only caution is about just throwing insurance companies under the bus blindly. I work for a very large auto and general liability insurance company, as a claims manager, and spent many years in claims handling first. Just like you can't believe everything you read on this forum or everything you see on the internet, you have to be very, very cautious about how much of the stuff that Dateline or 20/20 throws at you that you actually swallow. Remember, they're out to get ratings, so sensationalism rules the day. I've seen stuff relating to auto insurance on these shows that just made me laugh. In the auto and general liability insurance world, we are actually very heavily regulated by the government. There are very stiff fines and penalties for non-compliance, not to mention the publicity.

Again, I am making no comments about this particular situation, as I don't know anything about it and it sounds very tragic, so don't jump down my throat saying I'm defending CIGNA . As a husband and father, I can't even begin to imagine the horror of a situation like this, no matter what insurance does or does not do. I wish them nothing but the best. All I'm saying is don't cast all insurance companies as evil...just isn't the case.

Dragonslayer in Training Iron Barbarian's Avatar
    Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am not throwing the company under the bus blindly. I also have Cigna as I stated above. The Perscription Insurance I have thru them has recently turned out to be a joke. My wife had a perscription written by a Doctor for her and they wouldn't fill it without the Doctor's Authorization. Who the hell wrote the perscription? The Doctor. LOL Then in order to approve it they wanted a list of all the medications my wife has tried for the same problem. Well since we have had the same insurance for the last 12 years I called them up and asked if they were morons and didn't know how to look up my wifes prior perscription history in their computer so they could figure it out. They made my wife use another perscription and it doesn't work so we move on to the next one on the list. Seems to me it is going to cost them a lot more money to do this until we get her original perscription filled but if thats the road they want to take I am more then happy to oblige them. Seems kind of stupid on their part to want to take this route though from a cost standpoint. Just seems a little trivial considering I have had the same Insurance for over 12 years and have paid nearly $80,000 in that time for coverage and have barely used them in that time and here we are fighting over a $120 perscription. I also have other stories about Cigna but that is not the purpose of the thread to open a debate over the company. It is to help out the family who were wronged by the same company I have for medical insurance. No hate towards you, just stating MY facts.

Originally Posted by Klayfish View Post
    I don't know anything about this particular situation, and it is a very sad human tragedy regardless. But my only caution is about just throwing insurance companies under the bus blindly. I work for a very large auto and general liability insurance company, as a claims manager, and spent many years in claims handling first. Just like you can't believe everything you read on this forum or everything you see on the internet, you have to be very, very cautious about how much of the stuff that Dateline or 20/20 throws at you that you actually swallow. Remember, they're out to get ratings, so sensationalism rules the day. I've seen stuff relating to auto insurance on these shows that just made me laugh. In the auto and general liability insurance world, we are actually very heavily regulated by the government. There are very stiff fines and penalties for non-compliance, not to mention the publicity.

Again, I am making no comments about this particular situation, as I don't know anything about it and it sounds very tragic, so don't jump down my throat saying I'm defending CIGNA . As a husband and father, I can't even begin to imagine the horror of a situation like this, no matter what insurance does or does not do. I wish them nothing but the best. All I'm saying is don't cast all insurance companies as evil...just isn't the case.
    Mongol General: What is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Cool

Within 24 hours of the post in another forum, and I assume others like me posted elsewhere or otherwise passed the word on to others, $2000 was raised. It's a drop in the bucket I'm sure. But we've already heard massive thanks. So thanks to anyone who gave or who gives in the future