jaym4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lean Bulk Diet - critique please! :)

Hi, i'm about to start an 18 weeks lean bulk and was looking to see if this diet will be enough to sustain growth. I'm currently 6 foot 1, weigh 187lbs. I'll put in multivitamin in this diet, would any other supplements be recommended?

3 eggs
    1/2 pint milk
    2 slices of wholemeal bread with butter / oats
    1 piece of fruit

50g protein shake

Chicken/tuna, 2 slices of whole grain bread
    1/2 - 1 pint milk
    1 piece of fruit
    1 small tablespoon of peanut butter

50g protein shake

Steak/chicken
    Baked potato
    Fresh vegetables/salad
    1 piece of fruit
    1/2 pint milk

50g protein shake, if pwo + banana

Protein - 320g
    Carbs - 280g
    Fats - 65g
    Calories - 3150

Any thoughts will be appreciated!!

tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Too much protein, decrease protein about 100 grams and increase carbs/fats for the missing calories.

I also don't see much healthy, essential fats in there (nuts, cold pressed oils etc.) and 3 protein shakes a day is quite a bit. Might wanna consider replacing one for a solid meal with vegetables.

andrewcons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewcons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewcons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewcons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewcons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewcons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewcons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewcons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewcons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea protein's too much

Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Quality Arnold style old-school diet

What if you're not working out that particular day?

Id add a touch of fats somewhere

nice all round healthy diet though

StandStrong is not very helpful. (-500) StandStrong is not very helpful. (-500) StandStrong is not very helpful. (-500) StandStrong is not very helpful. (-500) StandStrong is not very helpful. (-500) StandStrong is not very helpful. (-500) StandStrong is not very helpful. (-500) StandStrong is not very helpful. (-500) StandStrong is not very helpful. (-500) StandStrong is not very helpful. (-500) StandStrong is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by jaym4 View Post
    Hi, i'm about to start an 18 weeks lean bulk and was looking to see if this diet will be enough to sustain growth. I'm currently 6 foot 1, weigh 187lbs. I'll put in multivitamin in this diet, would any other supplements be recommended?

3 eggs
    1/2 pint milk
    2 slices of wholemeal bread with butter / oats
    1 piece of fruit

50g protein shake

Chicken/tuna, 2 slices of whole grain bread
    1/2 - 1 pint milk
    1 piece of fruit
    1 small tablespoon of peanut butter

50g protein shake

Steak/chicken
    Baked potato
    Fresh vegetables/salad
    1 piece of fruit
    1/2 pint milk

50g protein shake, if pwo + banana

Protein - 320g
    Carbs - 280g
    Fats - 65g
    Calories - 3150

Any thoughts will be appreciated!!
    Your protien is fine man if you keep carbs that low, but I do not think that your fats add up to 65 g. If you would want to increase your carbs to around 400 g I will drop the protien to about 250

Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Im with everyone else...

Increase carbs as their protein sparing and will do great things for you in terms of intensity and strength in the gym.

Id personally go down to even 200g on the protein and up the fat's to atleast 85g.

i was looking to stick to a 3 solid meal, 3 liquid meal plan. I will add peanut butter with my shakes, then 1000mg Omega 3 oil caps each solid meal. I could swap the milk at lunch and tea for a wholemeal bagel maybe?

DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tagun View Post
    Too much protein, decrease protein about 100 grams and increase carbs/fats for the missing calories.

I also don't see much healthy, essential fats in there (nuts, cold pressed oils etc.) and 3 protein shakes a day is quite a bit. Might wanna consider replacing one for a solid meal with vegetables.
    says the dude that weighs 135lbs. I disagree. Looks like a great starting point. I'd see where that leads body-composition wise for a couple weeks then adjust if need be

DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i was looking to stick to a 3 solid meal, 3 liquid meal plan. I will add peanut butter with my shakes, then 1000mg Omega 3 oil caps each solid meal. I could swap the milk at lunch and tea for a wholemeal bagel maybe?
    yeah make sure you put in at least a solid tablespoon of PB man. only 8 g fat. Peanut Butter and Almonds/Almond Butter are extremely anabolic...I've tested that out myself---not just saying it cause Scivation thinks so!

tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DanTheManB View Post
    says the dude that weighs 135lbs. I disagree. Looks like a great starting point. I'd see where that leads body-composition wise for a couple weeks then adjust if need be
    You're right, I should prolly just shut the **** up. Sorry for an uneducated answer, will keep to myself from now on!

yeah make sure you put in at least a solid tablespoon of PB man. only 8 g fat. Peanut Butter and Almonds/Almond Butter are extremely anabolic...I've tested that out myself---not just saying it cause Scivation thinks so!
    Thats great, thanks Dan! I'll have PB with my shakes then almonds with meal 3. Gona give this a try then if it works, stick to it until i stop gaining then adjust. Cheers

Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thissss.

I have like 5 different kinds of nut butters in my cupboard at the moment. I eat 4-6 Tbsp of variety a day worth. I'm not skurd to add a little nut butter into my post workout smoothie. Sunflower butter is a blessing from God!

Thats great, thanks Dan! I'll have PB with my shakes then almonds with meal 3. Gona give this a try then if it works, stick to it until i stop gaining then adjust. Cheers
    let us know how it goes! make adjustments accordingly

You're right, I should prolly just shut the **** up. Sorry for an uneducated answer, will keep to myself from now on!
    i wasnt saying it was uneducated bro! i agree carbs are protein sparing ....but more protein for a lean bulk seems to work better

Okay understandable, thought you were mocking me. I'm doing my best to increase my size, can't do it over night.

I know I stress too much about excess protein, but I've got ton of friends who all have dangerously increased kidney/liver functions because they're taking in ~300 grams or more of protein. Don't get me wrong, I love my protein and would gladly consume up to 2 or more grams per body weight, but everyone keeps saying you don't need that much (especially if you're under 200, 180 lbs or so).

But of course it works differently for different people, so I take my first post back!

Okay understandable, thought you were mocking me. I'm doing my best to increase my size, can't do it over night.

I know I stress too much about excess protein, but I've got ton of friends who all have dangerously increased kidney/liver functions because they're taking in ~300 grams or more of protein. Don't get me wrong, I love my protein and would gladly consume up to 2 or more grams per body weight, but everyone keeps saying you don't need that much (especially if you're under 200, 180 lbs or so).

But of course it works differently for different people, so I take my first post back!
    well you have to work up to it yeah. YOU shouldnt be eating that much protein per day...but its different when you move up in weight. gotta remember he's 50lbs heavier than you at the START of his bulk

You're totally right, I give up.