Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    3speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3speed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I still have the scar on my ring finger from where my wedding band dug into my finger during a set of deadlifts back in 1992 - haven't worn one to the gym since. The funny thing was that, because deadlift is a painful exercise to begin with, I didn't notice it until I saw the blood on my hand.

phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    This is not very pretty. In fact, I call it grotesque. Don't click on the link if you have a weak stomach:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...n%26safe%3Doff
    Yucck! He's not kidding. I'd die. (I've been a guitarist and piano player for 30 + years) But thank you for posting it!

Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    Anyone who uses the term "dandies" should never talk about anyone wearing gloves
    lol!! I thought the word was.. "mild", as I didn't wanna get too confrontational.
    Using dry rotted rubber bands for tendons..

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always take my wedding ring off when I lift or work with power tools, even if I wear gloves - for either activity.
    First of all, I did bend it slightly doing knuckle pushups in a Tae Kwon Do class years ago and had to get it reshaped (a kind jeweler did it for free) and it's also a bit loose and tends to slip (I can't tell you how many times every winter I pull it out of my gloves when I come in from the cold).

However, my biggest "selling point" for going "ring-less" when doing physical stuff was a friend from college. His ring got caught on a piece of machinery and severed his ring finger at the middle knuckle (he was left with about a 1/3 of a finger). It hurts me just to think about that.
    A bodybuilder uses the weight to work the muscle.

There are no accidents. Everything happens for a reason and usually at exactly the right time.

Over 40 Transformation of the Week http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dan-shed-body-fat-sculpted-muscle.htm

"That's Mr. Muscles to you." - me to a gym-mate a ways back

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Funny I read this thread and looked at my hand, yep big callus under the ring, never realized it was the ring. The ring only bothers me when doing pullups, sometimes I'll take it off for those.
    ▪█───────█▪

OG JD

***Dirty South Crew***

"You need to fire it up. You need to grab a hold of that line between speed and chaos, and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra! And then, when the fear rises up in your belly, you use it. And you know that fear is powerful, because it has been there for billions of years. And it is good. And you use it. And you ride it; you ride it like a skeleton horse through the gates of hell, and then you win."

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    divorce might work. bb is more important.

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by phigg View Post
    Does anyone else's wedding ring (if you even wear one) sometimes bother you when lifting?
    I've got a huge callous underneath my left ring finger, it's the only one.
    I'm not really fussed about the callous so much though, but worry I might either bend the crap out of my ring or pinch my finger skin under it somehow- blood blisters are not fun.
    The only two options I can think of, short of removing it, is to wrap over it in white adhesive tape, or wear lifting gloves, but I kinda think lifting gloves are for dandies, unless your hands sweat profusely or something.
    Or, there are those little tube things for toes when you have a corn, maybe that'd work..
    Why would you wear your ring and lift??

I take mine off becuase the knurled bar
    would wreck it!!

DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Call me a "dandy" if you like - but I wear gloves OR use versa grips - depending on the exercise - with all free weights except for squats.

I don't wear a ring (married for 28 years) because when and where I grew up, we were given the clear understanding that rings were for girls, and men didn't wear them.

Whether that's right or wrong is irrelevant - but I don't wear a ring, and I don't call ring-wearers dandies
    Regards,

Duncan

Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6716581

dbx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dbx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dbx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dbx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dbx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dbx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dbx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dbx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dbx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dbx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dbx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by KENKONG View Post
    Why would you wear your ring and lift??
    Because my wife said so

Originally Posted by DNG View Post
    Call me a "dandy" if you like - but I wear gloves OR use versa grips -
    Hmmm...Versagripps you say, eh?

BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post

I take my rings off.
    Me, too.

crupiea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crupiea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crupiea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crupiea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crupiea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crupiea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crupiea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crupiea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crupiea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crupiea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crupiea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The day I threw my wedding ring in the trash was the day that everything in my life got better, including calluses.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Deadlifting ended my wedding ring wearing days. I have skinny fingers and fat knuckles which makes it a pain in the ass to get my ring off. I have to use soap, spit, WD-40, bacon grease, or whatever to get the thing past my knuckle so taking it off and putting it back on all the time was out of the question. After a deadlifting session left deep gouges in the metal, the ring came off and went into the safe.

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do a Google Image search for "degloving injury" and you'll see why it's important to take your rings off when you lift.

My ring is tungsten carbide. A steel bar isn't going to scratch it, and I'm not going to be able to crush it while lifting. However, it will still snag on things and take the meat right off of your finger.

My ring comes off in the gym.

kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Never lift with mine on. Main reason is because the bar knurling scratches the mess out of it.

jsmircich will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsmircich will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsmircich will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsmircich will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsmircich will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsmircich will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsmircich will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsmircich will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsmircich will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsmircich will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsmircich will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My rings come off in the gym as do my husbands. Since he occassionally works with electricity he doesn't even wear his to work. I try to leave mine at home, but for the days I go to the gym straight from work, I usually have them on a chain (unless it's leg day) and I'm checking to make sure they're there entire time.
    "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal, nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas Jefferson

Registered User slainethewarped's Avatar
    Location: livingston, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    slainethewarped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slainethewarped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slainethewarped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slainethewarped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slainethewarped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slainethewarped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slainethewarped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slainethewarped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slainethewarped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slainethewarped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slainethewarped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used to have the same problem i also used to catch it alot so eventually i got rid of the ring and had my wifes name tatooed on my wedding finger
    big as a bear, strong as an ox!

jellodirt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jellodirt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jellodirt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jellodirt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jellodirt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jellodirt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jellodirt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jellodirt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jellodirt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jellodirt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jellodirt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I take mine off when I lift.

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Because my wife said so

Hmmm...Versagripps you say, eh?
    She'd rather you ruined it or she doesn't trust

you when it's not on?

Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As I am allergic to all metals I take my ring off every night to give my skin a 12hr rest.

Sometimes I forget to put in on again in the morning.... no biggie.

Definately take it off when doing my work out... it hurts otherwise.

I take my watch off too.
    -------------------------------------------------

Dee

user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Question

Does anyone else's wedding ring (if you even wear one) sometimes bother you when lifting?
    I'm not really fussed about the callous so much though, but worry I might either bend the crap out of my ring or pinch my finger skin under it somehow- blood blisters are not fun.
    The only two options I can think of, short of removing it, is to wrap over it in white adhesive tape, or wear lifting gloves, but I kinda think lifting gloves are for dandies, unless your hands sweat profusely or something.
    Or, there are those little tube things for toes when you have a corn, maybe that'd work..
    Im not married,but I do wear a ring on my right hand and I take mine off,i know some people do not like taking thier wedding bands off,do you wear gloves?
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever
    "Forged in Iron...Built to Destroy"

"To survive war......you've gotta become war"....John Rambo

Visit my journal......http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121852841

bamazav is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bamazav is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bamazav is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bamazav is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bamazav is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bamazav is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bamazav is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bamazav is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bamazav is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bamazav is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bamazav is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wear a ring on both hands. I have caught my right one, so now it comes off before lifting. The wedding band is so hard to get off, I was 50 pounds lighter when it went on. After seeing the pic posted earlier, I will be taking it off from now on. I am so glad I had already eaten my proats.
    David, a 53 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121412521

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    6 months into serious training in 1980 my ring went into Lady W's jewelry box where it remained until 3 months ago when we gave it and other jewelry to our oldest grand daughter Sammie.

IMO a wedding ring on a man's hand is primative.

Baldie

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Remove it. No question about it. You don't want to damage the ring; gold is a very soft metal. It's only for the duration of your lifting. I started taking off my ring years ago while dabbling with olympic lifting and noticed damage to it.
    "An infraction is better than an infarction."
    - Aldington and Adlington

"Cursus sub pondere crescit."
    - Anon

paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gots to take it off good sir.

Mine was destroyed by refusing to take it off when lifting.
    Lesson learned that gold, and especially rose gold is a very soft and malleable metal. Had to get it cut off and replaced with a new one. Now I remove it ALL the time

rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't wear my wedding ring to the gym. I'm hoping that some cardio bunny hits on me. No luck so far.

phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DNG View Post
    Call me a "dandy" if you like - but I wear gloves OR use versa grips - depending on the exercise - with all free weights except for squats.

I don't wear a ring (married for 28 years) because when and where I grew up, we were given the clear understanding that rings were for girls, and men didn't wear them.

Whether that's right or wrong is irrelevant - but I don't wear a ring, and I don't call ring-wearers dandies
    I should apologize for the "dandy" remark. If you're really pushing some heavy weight around or have some seriously sweaty mitts, I can understand a need for them, actually.

I guess I had in mind a guy I saw at my gym the other night: he was wearing gloves but he wasn't very built and wasn't doing any kind of heavy lifting, (he didn't look capable of it) and I had to wonder, what did he need those gloves for - just to look hardcore? Or to prevent his dishpan hands from getting worse?

BTW, I just recently saw something on the history channel (I think?) about the origin of the wedding ring. It seems it was a symbol of a woman's "bondage" to her husband, and the whole "eternal love" thing was a later invention/interpretation.

BradyL44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradyL44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradyL44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradyL44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradyL44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradyL44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradyL44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradyL44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradyL44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradyL44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradyL44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I workout with my wife and we both take off our wedding rings before we even go to the gym. Like others said this is especially good to do on heavy pulling days.
    Be patient; the persistent work of a determined individual will bring great gain.

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what did he need those gloves for - just to look hardcore?
    Do gloves make you look hardcore?
    "An infraction is better than an infarction."
    - Aldington and Adlington

"Cursus sub pondere crescit."
    - Anon

Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    Do gloves make you look hardcore?
    I dunno ...they might, if gloves are often worn by those that push seriously heavy iron around. But it looks silly to see someone benching just 95lbs to be wearing them, or wearing them when using machines, which have handles which are already padded.

What exactly is the purpose of lifting gloves? To cushion your hands and fingers, or to soak up excess sweat that could affect your grip on the bar? Both?
    Callouses, per se, don't really bother me all that much, (or most guys I assume) but I'm also not pushing that much weight around just yet. I was wondering what real problems might lurk ahead with wearing my ring when I do get there, seeing as there is already some effect, and I'm glad I asked.

Coach_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My dad had a finger ripped OFF from a wedding ring. I love my wife; I don't need a ring to show it.
    Teaching applies to the moment; educating is for life.

colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't wear my ring anymore. I get tired of taking off all the time and losing it...
    Some people talk about 45lb plates and think of weight training - some people talk about 45lb plates and think of the buffett.