Azmodai8528 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azmodai8528 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azmodai8528 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azmodai8528 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azmodai8528 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azmodai8528 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azmodai8528 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azmodai8528 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azmodai8528 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azmodai8528 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azmodai8528 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Changing lifestyle, advice, comments, criticism and help welcomed and probably needed

Good afternoon to you all.

Firstly want to say thank you in advance for reading, and hopefully you may be able to impart some wisdom to help on this journey.

So its taken a long time to get to the point where i am not and I am under no illusions that it is equally going to take a long time to fix things. Aside from the usually laziness, poor relationship with food and alcohol, there are injuries and medical concerns that i have allowed to get the better of me and point blank just not take care of myself.

The main thing i want to get out of this is to be physically fitter, being able to do things without getting out of breath and also so im not red in the face and sweating all the time. But i want to make a lifestyle change completely so would welcome the rewards that come from it.

As it stands I am 31, 6ft tall currently 19.7 stones/275.8lbs/125.10kg. I have been easing myself into exercise for the past month adding more into as i have felt comfortable and the following routine has now emerged:

Monday - 2 hours

Warm up

Treadmill - 15 minutes varying speeds 5 mins of 30 sec max speed to comfortable speed, 5 mins 45 sec max speed and back to comfortable then last 5 mins 30 secs again.
    Front squats - 3 sets of 5 reps
    Lat pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps
    cable bicep bar 3 sets of 10 reps
    Incline dumbbell Press 3 sets of 10 reps
    One arm dumbbell row (each arm) 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbell lunge 3 sets of 10 reps
    One arm kettlebell push press (each arm) 3 sets of 10 reps
    10 minutes rowing machine
    15 minutes treadmill
    Cool down

Tuesday - 1 hour

Warm up
    15 mins treadmill varying speed as per day 1
    10 mins rowing machine
    10 mins exercise bike
    Horizontal seated leg press - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Inner thigh machine - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Outer thigh machine - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Leg extension - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Leg curl - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Cool down

Wednesday - 1 hour

Warm up
    Chest press - 3 sets of 10 reps
    lat pull down - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell bench press - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell bicep curl (both arms) - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell shoulder press - 3 sets of 10 reps
    lateral raise - 3 sets of 5 reps
    Cool down

Thursday - 1 hour

Warm up
    10 mins rowing machine
    10 mins exercise bike
    Cool down

Friday - 1 hour

Warm up
    lateral raise - 3 sets of 5 reps
    Chest press - 3 sets of 10 reps
    lat pull down - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell bench press - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell bicep curl (both arms) - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell shoulder press - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Cool down

Sunday - 1 hour

Warm up
    10 mins rowing machine
    10 mins exercise bike
    Cool down

I am going to start adding planking, push-ups and some sit-ups to my morning routine every day but haven't got to the point that im comfortable with them yet.

As a bare minimum every day I walk at least 4 miles due to distance from work and college between train stations and such. I knocked alcohol on the head 3 months ago and I have been actively changing my diet for the last 5 weeks till I am now down to 1,500 calories per day eating a helluva lot healthily than I have in the past, as well as enjoy and happy to carry on forthwith, obviously with changes here and there to stop it from being monotonous.

So with this in mind what I have been doing so far are there any suggestions for improvement that I could implement or any changes you think I should make on this journey? I know there is probably lots im doing wrong but hoping that im going in the right direction .
    Attached Images

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First piece of advice is fix your diet, which is 90% of the solution. If you are 275 lbs you should not be cutting on 1500 calories, which is WAY TOO LOW for you. You should easily be able to cut on 2200-ish. Always cut on as many calories as you can which will ensure a slow, steady, safe weight loss and it will also give you a place to go to if you plateau, because at 1500 calories you have nowhere left to drop to if you need to drop again. Get a food scale, and WEIGH EVERYTHING, then calculate the calories based on the nutrition labels. Do not "guestimate", because you will be wrong. You will also be wrong if you use measuring cups/spoons.

Your body has minimum protein and fat requirements (0.7g of protein and 0.4g of fat per lb), make sure you hit them.

Go here and read this and follow it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Second piece of advice is to ditch that crappy lifting program and get on a real, proven program like Fierce 5, Stronglifts 5x5, or Starting Strength.
    Last edited by xsquid99; 04-04-2018 at 11:16 AM.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your on the right path : ) just be consistent with diet and exercise and live life and you will hit your goals by time you know it : D
    The best tip I can give you is Just remember you can never outrun a bad diet so consistently eating less is priority otherwise your wasting your time. Eat lots of whole foods (Google a list) Those foods will keep you full longer than processed foods. Me personally when I was around your weight I did weightlifting and then some walking and mixed jogging and running for 30 minutes every other day. At 230-250 pounds I was running 3-5 miles because eventually your body just adapts if you stick to it and I noticed I was no longer out of breath doing most sports or going up and down a flight of stairs. So I would recommend doing 30 minutes of walking and jogging and throw in some running 30 minutes 2-4 times a week. And lastly get on a better structured weightlifting program. Heres some helpful links

Weightloss

I recommend counting your calories with MYFITNESSPAL and a Food scale to make sure your hitting the exact calories you need to loose weight.

Get your calorie intake here.
    https://www.freedieting.com/tools/ca...calculator.htm
    Its going to take some trial and error but its a good start. If your not loosing 1-2 pounds a week then adjust from their. Increments of 100 calories is ok.

Download Myfitnesspal and get a food scale and track calories and macros with it so your ensuring you will consistently loose 1-2+ pounds a week so your not wasting your time.

Heres how to get Macros to diet down and maintain muscle / Loose fat.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Follow with a good Lifting program to maintain Strength/Muscle.
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/workout-plans

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...9678631&page=1

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=169172473