Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)

Modified PSMF Calculator

For anyone interesting in doing a protein sparing modified fast, here is a calculator I put together based upon Lyle McDonald's "The Rapid Fatloss Handbook". It doesn't give out all the knowledge contained in his books (and shouldn't) but I have laid out the basic plan.

Hopefully, it makes figuring out the layout of the diet easier for the 1st time user.
    Attached Files
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    For anyone interesting in doing a protein sparing modified fast, here is a calculator I put together based upon Lyle McDonald's "The Rapid Fatloss Handbook". It doesn't give out all the knowledge contained in his books (and shouldn't) but I have laid out the basic plan.

Hopefully, it makes figuring out the layout of the diet easier for the 1st time user.
    Sweet, thanks! Looking to try this a few months down the road. Want to give it a shot after pleateauing (hopefully wont) on keto.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Gahhh! Open Office would only let me open it in read only mode.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Gahhh! Open Office would only let me open it in read only mode.
    save it as a file on your desktop and it will become usable in openoffice
    [IIFYM]
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ
    ΣΦΕ

Official Supp Misc Beer Ticker

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ok, I'll try that.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sweet

huggydawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks! this is awesome. i doing lyle's psmf right now. this is a super helpful calc.

rekode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks so much for this. Makes it so much easier instead of having to write it all down and calculate it. I love all the info in the book, but it's just so much information over so many pages, that it's hard to overview. This really helps.

I only have one question, Body weight is Pounds correct? It's a guess but I'm using the Metric system (so need to convert to pounds before using this)

Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great work man, thanks a lot.
    Rugby, Judo, Basketball, MMA Fighter Crew (4-0).
    80+ lbs lost crew
    UofT Biz Crew

JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500)
    360g of protein ..... And you expect to be in ketosis am I missing something here lol
    Staying below 9% BF Year Round
    Ketosis Since - August / 14 / 2015
    Keto Expert
    IF
    1 Meal a day
    No Longer Doing Social Media Or Roaming Forums Often
    Display Picture Old And Not Up To Date
    New Instagram Not posting much as this time J.Banaitis

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is not a ketogenic diet.
    It's just a high protein diet bodybuilders have been doing for decades with periodic carb loading. It's a glucose based diet with periods of deep caloric deficits.
    Last edited by JerryB; 10-27-2015 at 08:24 PM.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500)
    thought so
    Staying below 9% BF Year Round
    Ketosis Since - August / 14 / 2015
    Keto Expert
    IF
    1 Meal a day
    No Longer Doing Social Media Or Roaming Forums Often
    Display Picture Old And Not Up To Date
    New Instagram Not posting much as this time J.Banaitis

nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)
    It has me eating 900 calories per day.....no thanks

iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nicholina View Post
    It has me eating 900 calories per day.....no thanks
    It's got me doing 1,100. Thats the deal with this diet, very low cals via protein for a couple weeks.
    **MFC**
    **Barbara Palvin is my 10/10 crew**

Van4stan91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Van4stan91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Van4stan91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Van4stan91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Van4stan91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Van4stan91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Van4stan91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Van4stan91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Van4stan91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Van4stan91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Van4stan91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Only thing getting me through this cut is eating a small breakfast/lunch then having gigantic salad/chipotle bowl at night..

And 0 cals monsters.

We gona make it lads

EternalReturn is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EternalReturn is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EternalReturn is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EternalReturn is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EternalReturn is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EternalReturn is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EternalReturn is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EternalReturn is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EternalReturn is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EternalReturn is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EternalReturn is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hi, thanks a lot. I think I will git it a try

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thanks for the Excel File.

I create Excel spreadsheets for accounting and finance that include VBA procedures. I would be interested in seeing the tables referred to in your Lookup functions. I see you do not use range names for you Vlookup functions.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    This is not a ketogenic diet.
    It's just a high protein diet bodybuilders have been doing for decades with periodic carb loading. It's a glucose based diet with periods of deep caloric deficits.
    I know this isn't the latest post but it fits your current sentiments
    Fat is 90% keto 10% anti-keto, therefore a lack of dietary fat results in less glucose. How is a diet lacking both carbs and fats not ketogenic?
    PSMF is not excess protein

It seems odd to talk about "protein" being glucogenic and anti-ketogenic, when in fact some amino acids (in the white boxes) are ketogenic, while others are solely glucogenic, and many can be either depending on the situation and where they are fed into the cycle.

So one of the roles amino acids play in metabolism is in keeping the revolving Krebs door filled with people so that it keeps going around. It is this, preventing "oxaloacetate drain", that is the most likely mechanism by which dietary protein blunts ketosis by allowing fatty acid derived acetyl-CoA to enter the cycle and be metabolized to completion. In the process, the amino acids that feed into Krebs produce ATP and/or reducing equivalents depending on their points of entry.

Some (actually only a few!) can provide substrate directly for the gluconeogenesis pathway. It should also be pointed out that other substrates for this pathway include glycerol (from the backbone of dietary triglyceride fats) and lactate from anaerobic respiration, and also some short chain fatty acids.

It is not gluconeogenesis, however, that puts the brakes on ketogenesis. Look at the pathways above again, and realize that it is a deficiency of oxaloacetate that favors ketogenesis rather than processing of acetyl CoA through Krebs. Gluconeogenesis "drains" OAA. Protein puts the brakes on ketogenesis because it keeps the Krebs revolving door going around and generating energy the old fashioned way. If amino acids fill the revolving door, fatty acid derived acetyl CoA is going into Krebs!
    taken from http://carbsanity.blogspot.com.au/20...true-keto.html

Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fantastic tool, I hadn't realized how much I'd been overestimating the amount of protein I needed. Thanks!!
    Starting weight: 305lbs - April 23, 2016 (highest was 311lbs)
    Current weight: 276.2
    -------------
    Goals: hit 220 by holidays, maintain; hit 180 then start a slow/lean bulk; finally cut down to ~150
    Non-scale goals: Take my mother out wedding dress shopping next spring because she wasn't there when I got mine.

Scish is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi guys,

New to the site so hoping to get stuck in.

Calculating my intake for 168lb at 26% BF for a 6 week cut am looking at 135g Protein and 20f of fat and carb.

My question relates to refeeds. Could you advise what my intake should be on a refeed day I'm assuming carbohydrate increases and fat/protein remain similar but unsure.

Many Thanks