Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Anyone like supinated bent-over rows for biceps?

Title says it all. I came across some website where the guy said they were one of his top recommendations for bicep development.
    Abstainer: A weak man who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
    (Grile Dod)

In London there is a man who screams when the church bells ring.
    (H to the izz-o P to the izz-a Lovecraft)

Tommy2Fresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tommy2Fresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tommy2Fresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tommy2Fresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tommy2Fresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tommy2Fresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bierce View Post
    Title says it all. I came across some website where the guy said they were one of his top recommendations for bicep development.
    i used to do it when i worked at home..but if you go too heavy, its an easy wear to tear your bicep

edit: im guessin it means underhand grip but im not sure so thats what im tlkin about
    .:Tryna Get Big:.

mcgrimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgrimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgrimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgrimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgrimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgrimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgrimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgrimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgrimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgrimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcgrimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bierce View Post
    I never really felt it hitting my biceps, i rarely do with any exercise for my back, but then again i dont always feel it in my back....

wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't feel as if there is a large enough range of motion for the biceps to be worked very hard, but it does work the biceps a bit more than a supinated grip.
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128207401

"You know, you surround yourself with a lot of positive role models and over time, enough of 'em will inspire you to do the right thing." - Phil Pfister

"You went full Crossfit man. Never go full Crossfit." - Burningnun

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Use direct biceps work to work your biceps. Save the rowing movements for you back.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Use direct biceps work to work your biceps. Save the rowing movements for you back.
    this... if your using these for bi's, all your doing is a bent over curl.

WhiteAfricanSpaceChrist peteskeys's Avatar
    peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    That's a little misleading. Especially in the case of beginners or even many intermediate lifters heavy chins and rows hit biceps quite enough to stimulate growth. I'm not condoning doing them as a "biceps" movement, but still...
    Student.

Currently in the midst of a mac and cheese + hamburger helper bulk. Come at me, bodyfat.

When I am a lean 220+ then maybe I'll have an avatar, until then: foreverfaceless.jpg

I rep back.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by peteskeys View Post
    That's a little misleading. Especially in the case of beginners or even many intermediate lifters heavy chins and rows hit biceps quite enough to stimulate growth. I'm not condoning doing them as a "biceps" movement, but still...
    OP never mentioned anything about "beginners." I answered OP's direct question.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's a little misleading. Especially in the case of beginners or even many intermediate lifters heavy chins and rows hit biceps quite enough to stimulate growth.
    True but that doesn't mean beginners SHOULDN'T work their arms directly.

Passion4Pump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Passion4Pump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Passion4Pump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Passion4Pump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Passion4Pump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Passion4Pump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Passion4Pump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Passion4Pump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Passion4Pump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Passion4Pump is on a distinguished road. (+10) Passion4Pump is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Certainly, but that's no reason to adjust the exercise so that it focuses more on biceps. No disagreements about what you said, though.

OP, I wouldn't bother using an underhand grip. Your biceps will get hit with the overhand grip, plus you get to avoid the added risk of injuring your biceps. If more stimulation is needed, do some curls.

Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I like hammer grip the best.

Helps having a friend that can make that possible for you.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "quite enough" and "optimal" are two different things.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like curls.