Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Started my keto diet.

Trying to lose my last 10 lbs of fat and gonna do the keto diet. I work out first thing in the morning using the p90x program. I burn on average 650-750 calories every workout. Trying to stay around 2000 calories. Not much of a calorie counter, so im just gonna wing it. Any criticism and info is greatly appriciated!

Height:5'9"
    weight:190
    bf%:12%

1st meal,6.A.M: 4 hole eggs,2 strips bacon,1slice cheese, muscle tech protein drink
    2nd meal,9.a.m: Sausage and bacon kabob from flying J
    SO FAR I LOVE THIS DIET LOL
    3rd meal. 12pm: 1/2 cup shreeded cheese on green leafy salad with 1 tbsp flax oil,3 hb eggs,1tbsp pb
    4th meal 2:30pm: pepperoni sticks and cheese stick
    5th meal 6:15 pm: whey protien shake
    Last edited by gleesamo; 07-31-2009 at 06:15 PM.

gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) gleesamo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    going to stop taking the muscletech protein, all the glutamine will kick me out of ketosis.

does anybody know if NOXPLODE will take you out of ketosis?

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are burning 750 calories and only eating 2000 calories you may want to bump of your intake.

Okay. Its going to be hard though. Ive been on a very strick low carb very low fat diet this past two months. Im feeling really guilty eating all this fat. lol. does this diet have to be an exact science, and am i risking becoming fat be not measuring out my foods like i see other people do who are on the keto diet?

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gleesamo View Post
    Okay. Its going to be hard though. Ive been on a very strick low carb very low fat diet this past two months. Im feeling really guilty eating all this fat. lol. does this diet have to be an exact science, and am i risking becoming fat be not measuring out my foods like i see other people do who are on the keto diet?
    Not really because you are replacing carbs with fat for energy. Its 60 percent of your intake. Even in a balanced diet fat is almost or at 40 percent of your intake. People are just stuck on the low fat fraud that has been going on for the past 30 year as we get fatter and fatter because media is telling people don't eat fat at all or very low. Your heart uses fat exclusively for energy. We have no choice but to eat it.

I read in this forum that l-glutamine will take you out of ketosis, so i went and got some 100% whey protien. I also take noxplode as a pre workout supplient because i get up at 330am to work out. noxplode has some glutamine in it and i was thinking about stopping taking it. Any info? Im a noob and have searched, but I suck at searching

I read in this forum that l-glutamine will take you out of ketosis, so i went and got some 100% whey protien. I also take noxplode as a pre workout supplient because i get up at 330am to work out. noxplode has some glutamine in it and i was thinking about stopping taking it. Any info? Im a noob and have searched, but I suck at searching
    Yeah, I read something about that. I don't know. I personally never had problems getting into ketosis and I've taken it. It all depends I guess.

i just read on a different forum that maltodexitrin, or something like that will take you out of ketosis. No xplode has it =(. If i dont get in to ketosis in 2 more days i will stop using it and get something else.

i just read on a different forum that maltodexitrin, or something like that will take you out of ketosis. No xplode has it =(. If i dont get in to ketosis in 2 more days i will stop using it and get something else.
    plus 30 grams of carbs or less.

last meal of the day: 2 pork chops,leafy green salad with 1 tbsp flax seed oil.
    Drank almost 2 gallons of water today. I dont usually drink that much but i was really thisty on this diet. is that normal? And did this follow a standard noob keto diet?

last meal of the day: 2 pork chops,leafy green salad with 1 tbsp flax seed oil.
    Drank almost 2 gallons of water today. I dont usually drink that much but i was really thisty on this diet. is that normal? And did this follow a standard noob keto diet?
    yes as long as you piss it out. You don't want any water poisoning.

dropped a pound and a half from yesterday! woot woot! I know its water weight but its still cool ;-) And my keto sticks show traces of ketosis! Im thinking of adding a b-100 viatmin to help with energy. Was pretty tired at the end of the day yesterday

meal log today.
    1st: 4 eggs,2 pieces bacon,2 slices cheese,whey protien shake
    2nd: bratworst with mayo
    3rd: 1 can chicken, leafy salad,1tbsp flax seed oil, 1 tbsp vinagrette dressing,whey shake

i think i gonna stay on the no xplode.

modified my workout as well. I am doing p90x with a 40lb weighted vest on. Just finished my workout and burned 670 cal in 50 min. Heart rate was on average 75% of max. Will post pics of pre keto diet and update every week. should see results very fast with the harder workout!

Cardio day. 40min and burned 500 cal
    1st meal. 4 whole eggs 2 egg whites, 3 strips bacon,whey protien drink
    2nd meal.12 oz fatty steak and broccoli with mayo
    3rd meal. 3 tbsp peanut butter with whey drink
    4th meal. porkchop

My keto sticks show moderate ketones in my urin. In the morning it ready heavy amounts.

About how long does it take to see results with this diet cuz im feeling like a fat ass eating all this fatty food. lol

workout today was intense with the extra 40 pounds on! Workout lasted 1hr15min and i burnes 830 cal.
    1st meal @ 530am. pwo whey drink with 1 tbsp flax oil
    2nd meal @ 6am. 4 whole eggs 3 egg whites,4 pieces low sodium bacon,1/4cheese
    3rd meal 10am.2 pork chops with green salad,and full fat ranch dressing
    Last edited by gleesamo; 08-03-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Im thinking of dropping some fat intake and adding some protien, kinda like the way the Palumbo keto diet looks. Will I lose fat slower? Will I lose strength?

Im thinking of dropping some fat intake and adding some protien, kinda like the way the Palumbo keto diet looks. Will I lose fat slower? Will I lose strength?
    Depending on how much protein it could knock you out of ketosis.
    Protein produces about 58% glucose.

i will slowly add more protien, reduce fat, and monitor my kitosis closley

1st meal: 5 whole eggs 4 egg whites
    2nd meal:40 grams whey protein 1 tbsp omega 3 rich pb
    3rd meal: 5 oz pork chop, salad with 2 tbsp full fat ranch
    4th meal. same as 2nd
    5th meal: same as 1st
    6th meal: chicken beast, broccoli, 2 tbsp full fat ranch

pre workout supp, 1 tbsp flax seed oil, 1.5 scoops noxplode.

1st meal: 5 whole eggs 4 egg whites
    2nd meal:1tbsp pb, 40 grams whey protein
    3rd meal: 8 oz turkey breast, salad 2 tbsp full fat dressing
    4th meal: 1tbsp pb, 40 grams whey protein
    5th meal: chicken breast, broccoli, 1 tbsp mayo
    6th meal: 1 tbsp pb, 40 grams whey protein

other supp: 1omega 3 gel capsule, 2 b-complex 100, 1 estro block, 1 multivitamin,
    Last edited by gleesamo; 08-05-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Does my body need to be in keto for 14 days before I get to carb up?

pre workout supp: 1 tbsp flax oil, noxpolde
    1st meal:5 whole eggs 4 egg whites
    2nd meal: 2 tbsp pb, 40 gram pb
    3rd meal: 12 oz roastbeef,1 bag green salad,3tbsp full fat ranch
    4th meal, 2 tbsp pb,4o grams whey protein
    5th meal: 2 chicken breast, salad with full fat dressing
    6th meal: whey and pb
    Last edited by gleesamo; 08-06-2009 at 02:44 PM.

Does my body need to be in keto for 14 days before I get to carb up?
    Carb-up is really not in a direct relationship with how many days you are in keto it is a direct relationship of how much you depleted your muscle glycogens. That is what the carb-up does, it refeeds your muscles.

Then I am gonna follow the keto carb up. I work out hard and Im starting to feel weak. And thank you queloque for helping me, I appriciate it.

pre workout: 1 tbsp flax oil, noxplode
    1st:3 whole eggs 4 whites, 1 tbsp flax oil, ran out of omega-3 eggs
    2nd: 2 tbsp pb, 40 grams protein
    3rd: chicken breast,salad 2 tbsp ranch
    4th: 2 tbsp pb, 40 grams protein
    5th: steak,salad w/ranch,
    6th:2 tbsp pb, 40 grams protein
    Last edited by gleesamo; 08-07-2009 at 09:14 AM.

1st week of the diet is behind me. :-/ Had to modify it a little and I think Im gonna stick with it for about 10 weeks. I gaind 5 back the five pounds i lost, =-( but I think I look a little thinner, clothes fit looser and I feel a little more lean. Looking forward to my cheat meal this Sat. Gonna have pasta and french bread, then some cake and Ice cream! Oh yea, my baby girl is supposed to be due tomorrow!!! I cant wait. Please feel free to comment and critique, thanx!
    Last edited by gleesamo; 08-07-2009 at 02:06 PM.

carb up today. Not going very well. half doughnut,cereal,pudding,bagel,scone. had my baby and am eating hospital food. got alot of work ahead of me this week. gotta work off these dirty carbs