Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Readinig is fundamental "flexapeal"...Good God...what's that quote about keeping you mouth shut and having everybody assume you're an idiot being better than opening your mouth and...

OP...Going as fast as you can at the highest resistance will definately not interfere with your mass gains...but will probably cause MORE soreness. Moderate to low intensity for 30 minutes or so will NOT interfere with your mass gains and will help with the soreness. That 6 minute high intensity workout will likely tear more fibres and produce more lactic acid...causing more soreness.
    Last edited by BSCSCS; 07-31-2009 at 07:59 AM.

flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BSCSCS View Post
    Readinig is fundamental "flexapeal"...Good God...what's that quote about keeping you mouth shut and having everybody assume you're an idiot being better than opening your mouth and...

OP...Going as fast as you can at the highest resistance will definately not interfere with your mass gains...but will probably cause MORE soreness. Moderate to low intensity for 30 minutes or so will NOT interfere with your mass gains and will help with the soreness. That 6 minute high intensity workout will likely tear more fibres and produce more lactic acid...causing more soreness.
    Hmmm I think I mentioned that if your really sore you could do further damage to your muscles. If I was trying to gain mass I wouldn't nor have any clients to a lot of bike riding. Especially if they are a hard gainer. How many people with mass besides body fat do you see in a spinning class? Not very many.

AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by flexapeal View Post
    Hmmm I think I mentioned that if your really sore you could do further damage to your muscles. If I was trying to gain mass I wouldn't nor have any clients to a lot of bike riding. Especially if they are a hard gainer. How many people with mass besides body fat do you see in a spinning class? Not very many.
    I don't disagree with that kinda. You won't gain mass by just bike riding or doing aerobics. But conditioning/cardio is a crucial part of any athletic/bodybuilding routine. Aside from keeping the cardiovascular system in check, you can use it to enhance recovery. That is all I was trying to say before. The OP asked if doing cardio would make his muscles smaller(it won't). Light cardio that doesn't tax the heart too hard will be beneficial to sore muscles by encouraging blood flow to damaged areas and increasing the flow of nutrients where they need to be. So actually, I would like to say light cardio can help increase muscle mass (in conjunction with a good bodybuilding routine obviously).

Do you disagree with any of that?

flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by UnlimitedSteel View Post
    I don't disagree with that kinda. You won't gain mass by just bike riding or doing aerobics. But conditioning/cardio is a crucial part of any athletic/bodybuilding routine. Aside from keeping the cardiovascular system in check, you can use it to enhance recovery. That is all I was trying to say before. The OP asked if doing cardio would make his muscles smaller(it won't). Light cardio that doesn't tax the heart too hard will be beneficial to sore muscles by encouraging blood flow to damaged areas and increasing the flow of nutrients where they need to be. So actually, I would like to say light cardio can help increase muscle mass (in conjunction with a good bodybuilding routine obviously).

Do you disagree with any of that?
    I see what your saying. If you want total the total package you need to have some sort of aerobic activity in your routine. Especially if your trying to shed some bodyfat or getting ready for a contest. You just have to be careful not to over do it.

AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by flexapeal View Post
    I see what your saying. If you want total the total package you need to have some sort of aerobic activity in your routine. Especially if your trying to shed some bodyfat or getting ready for a contest. You just have to be careful not to over do it.
    Yeah exactly, just don't over do it and everything will work out just fine.

Originally Posted by UnlimitedSteel View Post
    Yeah exactly, just don't over do it and everything will work out just fine.
    True DAT

weilianjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was also wondering if my upper body strength and mass would be effected by bike riding. I was recently sent to another factory and it is 20 kilometers away. Takes me about 1 hour to get there on my bike with moderate climbs.
    If I am in danger of losing mass or upper body strength what is the best way to counteract this besides stuffing my face at every possible moment?
    I should mention that I used to do active bike sport so my legs are actually well in shape and size.
    I've worked too hard to get my upper body into shape and do not really want to go back to looking like a stick just for the sake of me not wanting to buy a car and pollute the world more.