Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been suffering from ibs for about hmmm 10 years now, im 24, but one thing REALLy helped me and made me see light in the end of the tunnel.

Hope this helps. Nothing helped me more.

http www amazon com/Irritable-Bowel-Syndrome-Solution-Treatment/dp/0976853787 (put dots and ://)

definenormal32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) definenormal32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) definenormal32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) definenormal32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) definenormal32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) definenormal32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) definenormal32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) definenormal32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) definenormal32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) definenormal32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) definenormal32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by stitchen View Post
    Does anybody have any tips on how to pack on the muscle whilst cursed with this wretced ailment? any advice on diet, workout routines etc would be greatly appreciated.

I have been bodybuilding for nearly three years, i was your average tall skinny guy 6'3" , 153 pounds. With a lot of hard work and help from protein supplements i managed to reach my goal of 230 pounds.

However, i was diagnosed with IBS six months ago when i took really sick, the doctor ordered me off all supplements and in turn i dropped to 180 pounds! after four months of hard work and sheer hell i am now sitting at 195 pounds but cant seem to go any further.

my diet is all over the place at the moment as i am still experimenting with foods i can tolerate but i eat clean foods only and my routine has gone to shyte as i find working out two days in a row totally burns me out.
    anybody got any idea's?
    I was diagnosed with IBS a year ago and was finally put on a med schedule to try and control it after my weight dropped to a dangerous level. I would spend days just laying in bed crying from the pain I was in. It has taken me about a year to regain the weight and gain back much of the muscle that I lost in the process. The meds help to some extent, and I take laxatives (doctor's orders) and eat as clean about 90% of the time with plenty of fiber and water and I try to exercise at least 6x/week, but there are still days and weeks where I can barely get myself out of my house since I'm in pain. I tried giving up all dairy and animal products for awhile, but now I'm back to eating both and really haven't noticed any difference, same goes with gluten since I was tested for intolerances and they found nothing.

My muscles repair fairly quickly and I don't usually have a problem going to the gym every day, then again, women's muscle repair faster than men's. All I really do is make sure I stretch/foam roll and refuel with the proper foods in that critical post-workout time window. I may be sore, but after a few minutes of activity again I feel fine.

I can understand your frustration, without going in to the gross details (you know what I'm talking about), my condition is still in no way super great, but I've at least been able to keep out of the hospital (yes, my IBS actually landed me in the ER on several occasions). It's terrible to think that I may have to deal with this the rest of my life, and I hate all of the medications that I have to take every day at certain TIMES of day, but I've found that they are 100% necessary for me to live a semi-normal life.

All I can really say is stay strong and continue experimenting to find what works and what doesn't. I've been able to identify a few "trigger" foods, but what is true for some is not necessarily true for others. For instance, I can't eat melon or very much fat.

ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck Definenormal 32! Sounds like you have a program that works best for your gut. Hope you continue working on improving your situation.

Just wanted to mention i can relate the the curled up on a bed in pain thing. With my IBS/ inflamed gut I pretty much spent a couple years that way. Ended up loosing around 40lbs at one point. What I found that helped me greatly was eating a paleo diet, plus taking some fish oil capsules and vitamin D3. I keep a testing level between 60 to 70ng/ml on vitamin D3. Doing these things didn't solve my gut problem, but came close. I now have energy and ability to get out and do things. Plus I've put the weight back on, with the addition of weight lift, I've added an additional 20lbs of muscle since the illness began.

I'm working on solving completely my gut problem! At one point I went extreme with my diet, only eating a few foods for a little over a month. And the gut problem completely went away. Miserable diet, and wasn't able to figure out what food(s) is the trouble maker. But it gave me hope and reason that there is a way out of my predicament. I keep a food journal now, and work on food elimination ideas.

I can eat fats, fish and coconut oil actually seems to help me, but the mellon mention made me chuckle a bit. Pumpkin seeds is the one trigger food I know for sure that will make me violently ill. it is more of a classic allergic reaction, with a relative mentioning I looked like death worked over after eating pumpkin seeds. I think that description fits well with how I felt also.

josh8269 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) josh8269 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) josh8269 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Hey.

[QUOTE=stitchen;359768261]
    Originally Posted by pac8x8 View Post
    Yes change it to Brown Rice and I wouldn't be eating or drinking fruit with every meal... the acids from Fruit and/or the over consumption of liquid at mealtime are worsening/causing the IBS because you're body is trying to digest.
    When on probiotics and digestive enzymes, unless you're fasting... you can eat a lot. If you're really confused on what to eat, ask LyingSac's trainer what he recommended him to follow.

You may be able to reduce diarrhea if you limit or eliminate the following foods and beverages:

* Alcohol
    * Caffeine, which is found in coffee, tea, cola drinks, and chocolate
    * Nicotine, from smoking or chewing tobacco
    * Gas-producing foods, such as beans, broccoli, cabbage, and apples
    * Dairy products that contain lactose (milk sugar), such as ice cream, milk, cheese, and sour cream
    * Foods and drinks high in sugar, especially fruit juice, soda, candy, and other packaged sweets (such as cookies)
    * Foods high in fat, including bacon, sausage, butter, oils, and anything deep-fried
    * Sorbitol and xylitol, artificial sweeteners found in some sugarless candies and chewing gum

i dont have the diarrhea symptom of it, more of a very very slow gi tract. funny thing is, when i stop bodybuilding and eat like a regular person most of my symptoms die away.

however quitting bodybuilding for me is NOT an option, not more than three years ago i suffered a serious mental breakdown due to the loss of a sibling, developed an eating dissorder and abused a lot of drugs and alcohol leading to taking every antidepressant in the book. picked up a set of dumbells one day and in no time, kicked everything that was bad for me lol. bodybuilding saved me from a path of certain destruction.

I know how you feel bro... Bodybuilding has saved my life as well and I've also been battling with some GI problems that have caused me to have to make several dietary changes and as a results I've lost 12 pounds, I also had to stop squatting and deadlifting which I really loved because they both cause really bad reflux, so I'm still training, but only doing bench, curls, dips, pullups and seated rows... I just wanted to wish you luck on finding a diet and routine that works for you and allows you to do what you love to do. As far as nutrition tips I'd cut out the white rice and try some quinoa and cut the bread as well... Good luck man.

daglue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was diagnosed with IBS about a month ago. For me, not much of diarrhoea but stomach muscle cramp and bloated. What I found out so far was that I can't eat a lot as the cramping will get worst and also I must rest as much as possible before a physical activity.

For instance, I ate 1 bun and a bowl of noodles, after finishing like about 10 minutes I walk back to my hotel about 500 metres apart, my stomach muscles start to cramp almost as if like it is going to snap.

Another scenario was that I've ordered a healthy meal. It has brown rice, eggplant, baby kailan, pumpkin, sunflower seeds & chicken breast. I finished all in one sitting and that when hell break loose. My stomach bloated like a balloon.

Also, another point I found out was when it start some light cramping, it means I need to pass motion.

At the moment, I am trying eat less but more frequent and so far it doesn't cramp that much. My diet is like morning: soup noodles, intra-meal: bread, lunch: soup noodles, intra-meal: bread and night: porridge with potatoes and carrots. Now, trying to add some meat to my diet like chicken breast and pork.

Sadly, I've lost 6kg in about a month time. All my clothes that I used to wear are so loose right now.
    Last edited by daglue; 04-19-2021 at 09:24 AM.

GrumpyLumpy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrumpyLumpy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrumpyLumpy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrumpyLumpy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrumpyLumpy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrumpyLumpy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrumpyLumpy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrumpyLumpy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrumpyLumpy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrumpyLumpy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrumpyLumpy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Try keeping a food log. I did it for two months logging everything I ate every day using a 1 to 5 rating system.

1 was a horrible IBS day and 5 was a great day.

I went back after the 2 months and took all the 5 days, wrote down all the foods (and drinks) and made my diet exclusively of those items.

That was years ago and I’m happy to report I only have bad days once in a while now and I know they’re coming because I deliberately ate something I knew was going to make me suffer.
    Last edited by GrumpyLumpy; 05-27-2021 at 05:19 AM.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had IBS all my life. Pooped my pants more times than I care to recall. Eventually someone suggested I might have salicylates intolerance, or salicylates allergies. When I cut foods with moderate to high levels of salicylates out of my diet. All my symptoms went away. When I eat something high in salicylates, symptoms come back with a vengeance almost immediately. Like within 20min of eating a cucumber, I'll get hives, and diarhea within the hour.

https://atpscience.com/salicylate-fo...and-food-list/

The crazy thing as you look through the list of foods broken down by levels of salicylates. You'll notice many foods with high levels, are considered healthy, clean foods.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't take ExLax on squat days. Just sayin'.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.