Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need advice on portion size with 6 meals per day

If you eat six meals per day and try to eat a meal about every three hours, how big should those meals be? I would assume very small, right? I need to loose body fat and read that it is important to eat very frequently like six time per day in order to achieve this.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Bravos View Post
    If you eat six meals per day and try to eat a meal about every three hours, how big should those meals be? I would assume very small, right? I need to loose body fat and read that it is important to eat very frequently like six time per day in order to achieve this.
    1/6 of total calories
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    on gym days you can get in a lil extra after training, so your post gym meal can be a bit bigger, more carbs keep protein pretty much the same each meal abut try and get in all your carbs with in your first 3-4 meals, just protein, fibre (green veg) and good fats in the last 2-3 meals.

i eat every 2 hours, if im hungry before the 2hours than the meal i had before was to small, and if im not hungry then the meal was to big.
    to lose weight, its good to start by not eating carbs in the last few meals. always eat some carbs after gym.

kla5x8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kla5x8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kla5x8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kla5x8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kla5x8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kla5x8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kla5x8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kla5x8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kla5x8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kla5x8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kla5x8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by marshallbros View Post

i eat every 2 hours, if im hungry before the 2hours than the meal i had before was to small, and if im not hungry then the meal was to big.

So do you ever have a meal that is just right?

DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kla5x8 View Post
    ask goldilocks

marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10) marshallbros is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kla5x8 View Post
    yes, 30g protein, 40g carbs and 5g fibre and 5g fat. that is what i found to be a good sized meal for me. im ready to eat 2hrs after that.

aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes, 30g protein, 40g carbs and 5g fibre and 5g fat. that is what i found to be a good sized meal for me. im ready to eat 2hrs after that.
    Well then eat that 6 times a day. You answered your own question.

robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000)
    \try and get in all your carbs with in your first 3-4 meals, just protein, fibre (green veg) and good fats in the last 2-3 meals.
    to lose weight, its good to start by not eating carbs in the last few meals. always eat some carbs after gym.
    tell me why you think that he should not have complex carbs or any carbs at that before bed?
    i am like ALL - small and mighty

CIA is awesome! i recieve a wealth of knowledge everyday!!! and get to eat kick ass food!

Originally Posted by robinsteal View Post
    tell me why you think that he should not have complex carbs or any carbs at that before bed?
    carbs are energy food, that is all. complex and simple, they both are used for energy, if your body has no carbs or too low carbs it looks for energy else where, like protein, fat and muscle.

carbs that dont get used as energy store as fat, you dont want that. at night you do not need the energy as you are fueled by the meals you had earlier. also if you are looking to lose weight you want your body to burn fat, by cutting carbs at night you also encourage your body to use fat for the little energy it needs. you need protein to repair your body, fat and fibre help slow digestion. very good before bed even when dieting as you want protein slowly digesting thoughout you sleep.

i say night but some people may work nights so i just mean the last meals before bed whatever time that maybe.

plz rep me if my info is helpful, its low and im not sure why.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    carbs are energy food, that is all. complex and simple, they both are used for energy, if your body has no carbs or too low carbs it looks for energy else where, like protein, fat and muscle.

carbs that dont get used as energy store as fat, you dont want that. at night you do not need the energy as you are fueled by the meals you had earlier. also if you are looking to lose weight you want your body to burn fat, by cutting carbs at night you also encourage your body to use fat for the little energy it needs. you need protein to repair your body, fat and fibre help slow digestion. very good before bed even when dieting as you want protein slowly digesting thoughout you sleep.

i say night but some people may work nights so i just mean the last meals before bed whatever time that maybe.

plz rep me if my info is helpful, its low and im not sure why.
    Your rep is low because your posts are brotorious.

If you're in a calorific deficit at the end of the day, what does it matter if you eat carbs before bed?
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Your rep is low because your posts are brotorious.

If you're in a calorific deficit at the end of the day, what does it matter if you eat carbs before bed?
    if you are going bed you do not need the energy from carbs, so when you sleep the carbs can store as fat. if your calories are low then have a bit extra fat and protien just not too much. everybody works different but that is something i've found and read to be the case for must people durring dieting, if your trying to gain mass a small amount of complex carbs, 20-30g with protein, fat and fibre before bed is not as bad.

aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you are going bed you do not need the energy from carbs, so when you sleep the carbs can store as fat. if your calories are low then have a bit extra fat and protien just not too much. everybody works different but that is something i've found and read to be the case for must people durring dieting, if your trying to gain mass a small amount of complex carbs, 20-30g with protein, fat and fibre before bed is not as bad.
    Dude, if you can scientifically back up your claim (as in post a legitimate medical study), then more power to you. But you can't because its utter garbage. So accept the fact and move on. If your in a calorie deficiency state, which means that your daily output is more then your input (i.e. consumed food), then your body will metabolize something else to meet it's energy requirements, hopefully fat (not muscle). You said that carbohydrates are used for energy. Your body can also get energy from fats and protein. Do you see the flaw in your ointment?

Originally Posted by aer_vlad View Post
    Dude, if you can scientifically back up your claim (as in post a legitimate medical study), then more power to you. But you can't because its utter garbage. So accept the fact and move on. If your in a calorie deficiency state, which means that your daily output is more then your input (i.e. consumed food), then your body will metabolize something else to meet it's energy requirements, hopefully fat (not muscle). You said that carbohydrates are used for energy. Your body can also get energy from fats and protein. Do you see the flaw in your ointment?
    read my 1st posts in this thread, i said your body will burn fat for energy and protien even muscle. i know that. if your calorie deficiency is too great you will go into starvation mode and burn muscle and store fat. but when you get the balence right with your calories and have a slight deficiency then your body will use fat for energy and not muscle.

all im trying to get across is to not eat carbs to close to the time you sleep. try to get them in thoughout the day. as the original question was meal size over 6 meals. for someone who wanted to lose fat.

Well then eat that 6 times a day. You answered your own question.
    my question???? i didnt ask a question. i know what im eatting and when. someone else wants to know what size meals to eat 6 times a day. read all the other posts before replying. i was just giving him an example of what worked for me.

Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bravos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes it can but it metabolizes them differently. It's not all the same. It matters whether you eat carbs, protein, or fat. It's not all just calories.

my question???? i didnt ask a question. i know what im eatting and when. someone else wants to know what size meals to eat 6 times a day. read all the other posts before replying. i was just giving him an example of what worked for me.
    I am the one who asked the question and I would like to thank all of you for your feedback. In the meantime I have re-searched the subject on SuperSite as well and learned A LOT. Thank you.